Feline Follies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Alienesse, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Are you kidding? You gave it a Red Sox cap. That IS cruel! :scream: ;)

2. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

Easy to say midway through the season, that was opening day. Being a Red Sox fan through thick and thin really is a form of masochism. Believe me I have plenty of things to say about the Yankees and their fans, but in the interest of our mutual love of Star Trek I will count that as one of your redeeming qualities and refrain from insulting some of your more questionable fan choices.

3. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

I like to think that over the course of the last century, Red Sox and Yankees fans have developed an enlightened view of rivalry.

Those Philly fans are just animals.

4. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Okay, so y'all know we lost Banshee a few months ago, but we had also lost our dog Zoe nearly a year ago to lymphoma. So of course we went out and found a new family member back in December, a ~6 year old Beagle(?) mix that we rescued from the pound. And about a month ago, my oldest son texts me to say that his youth group director is looking for a home for a 1.5 year old cat they've been fostering. The cat made it home before I did that day. :lol:

So, meet Nova (dog) & Chloe (cat). Much to Nova's dismay, Chloe seems to have attached herself to her.
    [​IMG]

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Looks like Chloe is the dismayed one there.

6. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She seems to have an expression suggesting, "What the h3ll did I do to deserve THIS?!"

Obviously, she doesn't mind TOO much or else you wouldn't have had the time to snap that photo before she wiggled free.

Sincerely,

Bill

7. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually, Chloe has practically been glued to Nova since we brought her home! Everywhere Nova goes, Chloe is right next to her. And we didn't put her there, she's the one that crawled under Nova's leg!

8. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Aw! They're buddies. So cute!

9. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aww! That's great! Usually, it's the dog that initiates the "bond" and the cat just kinda' "tolerates" it.

Sincerely,

Bill

10. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Someone did a little work on this chestnut.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gguWBiiiX2Q[/yt]

11. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Man yeyars ago I got the fattest I had ever been. I finally had enough and started exercising. I went from being fat and barely being able to even do a quarter of a mile running, to being thin and being able to run ten miles continuously if I wanted to.

I went to this nice park that I've posted photos of before (you can see one or so in my photo album in my profile) to do the running. I started noticing there were cats there, obviously homeless cats. now, I love cats, so I decided to bring cat food with me. I found there were make-shift cat trays there (TV dinner trays, etc.) where people were feeding them. That didn't stop me though, 'cause I wanted to play with kitties.
    I started feeding this friendly black cat and then started attracting other cats that were there. At the highest point there were 13 to 15 cats there, some of which were only there for food and didn't want attention, but all of which were friendly, with the exception of "Stubs". Over time two cats got adopted, others disappeared -- feared dead -- and some including one that suddenly became friendly and nice around the months leading up to her death (perhaps in hindsight she was trying to tell me she needed help), that had to be put down sinply because they had cancer and other ailments.

Among the cats were two small things I thought were cats. They dashed off so quickly and run away so fast I never got a good look. Then I finally saw it -- two kittens, probably six to nine months old, one pure white. I was told the white one was "Bunny" because they had initially thought she was a bunny rabbit.

So, the goal was clear: befriend Bunny and the other kitties.
    Over time I de-grumpified Stubs from where she used to attack and growl when ever I tried to touch her, to today where she gives me hugs and kisses and I get to kiss her and pet her for her general prefered time of half and hour to an hour. While Stubs was generally friendly towards the other feeders, I'm the only one I know of that she appears to love.

While Stubs is a close second, my heart belonged to Bunny.

[​IMG]

Though Bunny never became as trusting as Stubs, who walks into my lap and still hugs me (with claws), she was always excited to see me.

A couple people tried to take Bunny home, one of those times durign a harsh winter, but she didn't play well with other cats and would shut down and not eat. They consensus was I was probably the only person that could take her home. I kept hoping the econony would improve, but the last three administrations decided to run it off the cliff, so it never did and find work was tough as hell; I had employers tell me hundreds of people would apply for one position, one saying she could throw up a handful of random applications and find somebody. I was hoping one day I'd have my own place and would be able to afford to take Bunny and select cats home (the county only allows any mixture of four pets per household).

See Bunny and the cats at the park in some of my mediocre videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36UE_KjuQyE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYTv4Z_vfm0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRPl_96a5MA

Over time Bunny grew to be fat and happy. Despite one son of a bitch going around the park hanging signs with dead birds twist-tied to them saying cats kill millions of birds each year, these cats never killed anything -- they got fed very well. At one point a more grown baby bird fell fro ma tree. They played with it, got bored, then did something else. They would even trail and "play" with the large mallord ducks, which was fun to see 'cause if one spread it's wings and quacked at them, they took off in horror -- "Holy shit!" PEEEWWW!!!

[​IMG]

Also over time Bunny started developing some blaack spots and large grey spots:
    [​IMG]

Bunny's little stub tail would wiggle with excitement when I showed up and she's coming running for some food and love. She loved to play with things like twigs from trees and things I would throw. I'd jam wooden twigs into the ground and she'd use them to rub against; she'd smell them, recognize my scent, and start rubbing on them. Here she is pictured with what was a pyramid of thigns from a tree; she knocked them down and laid on them, as cats like to do when you build something:
    [​IMG]

I hadn't seen Bunny in months. I kept meaning to go, but never got around to it. I bought some cat food and decided to go to the park on the 4th of July and give them some extra food. I never got there. I missed my kitties and worried about them, since they were down to four or five.

I was shopping for some food today when I ran across a lady from the park who would feed the cats. We chatted for a minute, then she told me -- Bunny was dead. She got real skinny and one day never showed up for the feeding.
    Alarmed, I went home and realized -- I need to go to the park -- I have to see if she shows up. I arrive there and there's BW (the black and whtie kitty in the videos -- the one that used to be with Bunny when she was pure white) to greet me. I walk over to the feeding area and feed BW. Sure enough, there's the new cat I was told about -- a somewhat scruffy black cat with ONE eye (I dread to know what happened to this poor kitty, who's a little friendly but skittish), so I feed and pet that cat, too. Eventually Stubs coming running in.

I wait.

I wait...

...I wait.

Bunny never shows.

Ironically, she disappeared two days before I had planned to see her on the July 4th holiday.

I'm sorry that one day never came, Bunny, that I couldn't take you home, been there when you were sick and have been able to afford to get you better. Some people say "Stop and smell the roses", I say "Stop and pet the kitties", fore one day they may not be there.

[​IMG]

You were a good kitty, I love you.

12. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

KITTEN PILE!! :adore:

14. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Ahhhh! Ginger and siver goodness!!

Why don't you live nearby Saga? I would find a way to adopt two of them in a flash! (well maybe not a flash... I have a senior cat and we live in an apartment).

Someday in the future a ginger and silver tabby will share our home!

15. auntiehill

OOooh, da widdle baby faces. I just wanna cuddle them!

I'm such a crazy cat lady.

16. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

17. TremblingBluStar

TremblingBluStar Vice Admiral Admiral

This is last X-Mas I believe.

Colby investigates a Target bag.

[​IMG]

And gets stuck.

[​IMG]

18. auntiehill

^Heh. My cat does that, too. Christmas is a great time cats--all those bags and boxes to climb into!

19. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    Not to mention that tree with all the dangly things to play with.

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral