ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Kalen Archer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hello all,

There might be quite a few people who know me from other parts of the board (Mainly the Sports Forum) but I never post in the Enterprise Forum and I think I should. I remember when this forum was the jumpiest, and probably most insane, forum here (Hate to bring him up, but Stewey was was of the most prominant people here and man that was kinda fun, but was so was the news that the Borg was going to be on Enterprise and I think someone, was it BlazerBoy, threw his TV out the window. Then when Regeneration aired people were like, "you know, that wasn't half bad."

Anyway, I've been neglecting Enterprise for quite a long time. Heck, there were weeks where I thought there was still four series instead of 5 and Enterprise was the odd man out. What sucks is for the most part I liked Enterprise. It angered me with the whole Darkness thing in Season 3, but upon rewatch, it wasn't all that bad. Season 4 was one I didn't watch until later because of that anger, and I think I liked season 3 better. It's one thing to respect the original, but Season 4 was kissing the original's ass left and right. Don't get me wrong, I liked the season for the most part, but really, did we really need to know why the Kingons didn't get ridges or the reason for Section 31. Can't things in Trek be left to the imagination or as a mystery.

I'm getting negative, and I don't want to do that. The truth is, I've been thinking about Enterprise this week and that it was time to revisit it. I had not really seen it since it went off the air, but I did like it. Now that I just found out CBS.com has the series, and I have season 4, I can do a rewatch online. I want to gain a new appreciation for it and officially welcome it to the Star Trek family. It's been neglected long enough. Time to see if I like it more now and if, several years later, it's improved a lot, like DS9. I'm thinking about doing a rewatch thread, since I did it with Babylon 5 and it was successful, and hopefully I like it more now than I did before.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

What "Darkness thing"?

And yeah, we needed to know about the ridges. We needed to know about it ever since Trials and Tribbleations when Worf told us that there was an answer to it that existed in universe as opposed to "60's low budget". I thought it was a great answer myself.

As to Regeneration.. yeah that was full of goodness. Never once was the word "borg" uttered :D

I thought it was boring as all crap when I first started watching it. Now it's my dearly beloved. Rewatching can be awesome. I hope you DO like it (personally I think the fourth season is the strongest). I hope you do a thread, we don't have any start from the beginning threads atm on the ENT forum. I just finished my 4th rewatch from the beginning with ENT (and am currently in my first watch of Bab 5).

So welcome to this forum! It's a great forum IMHO! I hope to see you posting your Broken Bow observation soon :)

3. tomalak301

I just thought Season 3 was one of the most darkest seasons in all of Star Trek and that includes DS9. It just didn't feel like Star Trek to me, but upon rewatch, I think I left my expectations at the door and it did get better.

4. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

:lol: Ah, the good old days.

Glad to have you here, tomalak. Make yourself comfortable, and I'm looking forward to that review thread.

Hmmm, I need to visit the Sports forum more often...

5. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked the grittiness of it... but I'm also glad that it lightened back up again. It felt right during that arc that nothing was rainbows and lollipops but it was also good that it had an end and chasing the Xindi didn't become the end-all-be-all of the series.

Welcome and enjoy. :D

6. teacake

The "darkness" was excellent. Good Archer development. I like Archer best when he is making dubious ethical choices in Season 3, suddenly he's very interesting. The contrast from the upstanding and idealistic explorer in the first two seasons is great stuff.. and I think in season 4 we see an evolved Archer.

7. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

Absolutely. I like Archer much better in seasons 3 and 4 than I did in previously. I think it gave his character serious depth.

8. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

I have just finished season 3 of ENT after only watching a few episodes on season 1 disc 1 on Netflix.
    I read here that season 3 & 4 were much better so I just jumped to season 3.
    I did enjoy it and dicussed it in these threads which I started since most on this subforum had seen them years ago.
    'Azati Prime' #318 - great cinematic action camerawork and feel.
    'Similitude' first time viewing
    'North Star' first time viewing
    'Anomaly' Ep.#302

It was really a great season. The only thing I really did not like was during the last episode the alien wearing a Nazi uniform. Television has so overplayed Nazi's in so many series in the last 20 years that it felt so out of place here on ENT.
    I plan on eventually seeing season 1 & 2 in HD on Blu-ray or on the new CBS.com streaming in HD episodes.
    As some of you already know I'm a big supporter of high definition and Trek being viewed in higher resolution if possible. I started a thread for a wishlist since if it happens for Blu-ray we could get more things like commentaries:
    Star Trek: Enterprise seasons Blu-ray spec. features wishlist
    I don't plan on buying Star Trek: Enterprise: The Complete Series on DVD- at the $207. [new] current price at Amazon.com but on Blu-ray so I'm not double dipping for a series I'll probably watch a few times.
    Overall ENT had great production values and this is coming from someone who watched all 7 seasons of VOY on initial broadcast and really got used to expecting the production values of late 90s-2000 era. ENT just took it to the next level with widescreen HD. Some episodes in season 3 had cinema quality visual effects and blew me away on a few episodes while watching in standard definition..

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  9. tomalak301

I do really like the contrast between Archer in Season 3 and Archer in Season 4. Home made a great point of this, but the entire season it was like we saw a much greater developed character and it was great. Pity some of the other characters (Reed) didn't get the same kind of treatment.

10. Whill

Whill Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Columbus, OH, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
  11. corairs

corairs Ensign Newbie

Hi all this is my frst time posting here I'm I realy like Enterpries to me it is just as good as TNG . a lots of peple here don't like it and i don't see y they don't what's going on with that ?

12. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Welcome to the Enterprise forum. :)

corairs, everyone has their favorite series, but you'll find lots of folks here who are fans of Enterprise. Enjoy!

13. teacake

Some people are just wrong. :rommie:

14. Sharla

Sharla Ensign Newbie

Um, still in my "probationary period" here. ENT is my favorite series so far. I started watching the movies in order about two years ago. Once those were done, I started buying a season here and there of TNG. I spied a Fan Collection of Alternate Realities episodes from all shows and was exposed to Voyager and got to see ENT again. So, when TNG was finished *sigh* I got started with ENT. It is the most heartbreaking series for me because it was cut short, mowed down long before its prime. I'm in Season IV of DS9, and it's hard to say that one series is better than an another. ENT is still my favorite, but to get me to say one is better than another, well, I just don't think that's possible.
    I saw a post about ENT having the hottest hotties, and that's for sure!
    I'm 38 with three teenager daughters, married to the most wonderful Trekkie I know, and embarking on my graduate degree, and we are all land locked in the Bible belt of the good 'ole US.
    I experienced a life changing event about two years ago, and were it not for having those movies lying around collecting dust, (VHS no less) I might have embarked on someting self destructive and who knows where I'd be now. And now, I'm a confirmed Trekkie nerd, and oh so proud of it!
    Is Bakula hotter than Brooks? I dunno. I think it would be kinda fun to get a holosuite program with a Bakubrooks captain!

15. teacake

WELCOME Sharla! I can't say which I love more, ENT or DS9. I love them for different reasons. They have both brought me much joy. They both reach a certain intensity that really draws you in (you are in for a treat in the coming seasons of DS9). Have you seen all of ENT? If not, be careful of spoilers!

Have you managed to Trekkify your daughters?

16. Jonny

Jonny Commander Red Shirt

I've just joined so erm hiya everyone lol. My favourite character from Enterprise was Phlox.

17. Son of Quark

Son of Quark Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello, I'm new here. I'm 42 years old from San Antonio, Texas and have been a Trek fan since I was a kid. Favorite series are Deep Space Nine and Enterprise. My wife is a huge Trek fan also, especially Deep Space Nine and Enterprise. We are always watching them on DVD. We also dig Next Generationa and are both Football, Baseball, and Hockey fans and also in Heavy Metal music.

18. Jonny

Jonny Commander Red Shirt

Hello son of quark nice to meet a fellow newbie to this forum.

19. tomalak301

Hey Son of Quark. If you really love Football, Baseball, and Hockey, go over to the Sports forum. We talk about all that pretty much all the time. Might be worth a look. :)

20. James Wright

James Wright Commodore Commodore

I was just passing by and noticed the door was open so I just thought I'd come in and say hello!

James