The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't see it as an age/pubescent (pre or post) thing at all. For me it boils down to 2 things:

1. I'm used to it now due to its prevalence in my generation, and so some level of grooming has become as expected as smooth legs and underarms.

2. As a man with an oral enthusiasm, it is generally a more pleasant experience on both ends if some of the brush is cleared away. Including on an olfactory level, since hair tends to hold on to odors more readily than skin alone.

Mind you my enthusiasm is rarely lessened by the presence or even abundance of hair, it is merely a preference.

2. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Okay, guys. And with that I think we've all officially veered a little too far off course. :lol:

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

SO, anyway....................

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Woodbury. Is it destroyed and all the people in it scatter? Does it remain, with the Governor dead, and Andrea in charge? Or Milton? I don't see Rick's group moving in; that wouldn't make for very dramatic television.

4. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

My money is on Rick's group moving in.

5. the G-man

An easy plot for next year would be for Rick's group to move in and Rick trying not to give into the temptation of becoming "the new governor."

They could also use Woodbury as a stand-in for the comic book's "Alexandria safe zone," saving them the cost of building new sets.

6. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed

[​IMG]

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

That's what happens when we get a boring episode focused on Andrea.:p

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Michonne has a fascinating outlook on life, even when being taken forcibly to her end she isn't full of hate. I've come to really enjoy her character.

PS nothing wrong with how Laurie Holden looks....

9. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, that was inevitable (especially given the spoilers), but that last scene in tonight's show was done perfectly.

10. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

I don't think anyone can call this episode filler or fluff.

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah, I think that one walker had a skull made of M&M candy shell.

12. the G-man

God damn yes. Rooker and Reedus completely sold that scene on multiple levels.

From Daryl's stoicism finally cracking to Merles looking at him like when he was alive and driving home the fact that Merle had always been about consuming, not loving, his brother, those guys delivered Emmy worthy work.

13. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I still say the world at large is better off minus one Merle, final sullied redemption or not, but God damn will I miss the talent of Michael Rooker. That scene with the whiskey was priceless

I sort of feel the same way about Jeffery DeMunn. Hershel has been far more worthwhile in the mix than Dale ever was, but DeMunn was a wonderful presence nonetheless

14. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

That was one hell of an episode and a great way to wrap up the Daryl/Merle relationship. I actually teared up a bit for Daryl at the end there---not that I was sad for Merle dying but for what it did to Daryl to lose the only family he had.

Loved the line on "Talking Dead" afterwards:
    "If you can hotwire a car with one hand, you might just be a redneck."

15. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

I'm happy that Merle let Michonne go. Good for Merle taking out several of the Gov's forces, but the pain on Daryl's face as he realized his brother was a walker. And then to have to be the one to put his brother down! Yeah, I was a girl and I cried right there.

16. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

That was a damned fine episode. Michonne is awesome, Norman Reedus was fantastic - and good on Daryl for pointing out that Michonne had the trap idea - and Merle... well, I'm not sad he's out of the picture but he pretty well shined in this episode. Great ending for him, and crushing for Daryl seeing him as a walker.

Now that the Season Finale is next week (does anybody else find it... ironic that it's on Easter Sunday? :lol:), the question is who's gonna die?

Rick, Carl, Daryl and Michonne I'd say are 100% safe.

Andrea I'd say is likely to live too.

Glenn and Maggie are almost certainly gonna live.

If they have a little wedding ceremony and Hershel performs it, I'd lay even odds on him biting the dust.

Judith I think is a goner, and with her either Beth or Carol. Beth has had a lot less development, but we could get more angst for Daryl (and the audience for that matter) out of Carol dying.

Tyrese and Sasha will join the Prison group and the two annoying guys will die.

This is assuming the prison arc wraps up this season of course; if they repel a Woodbury attack and we don't get a conclusion to it until next year's mid-season finale then who knows.

17. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

So, any theories about the season finale?

Will Daryl seek revenge against the Governor, make his way to Woodbury, only to discover the attack squad is on their way to the prison?

If he goes to Woodbury, will he rescue Andrea, and the two are separated from the rest of Rick's group (a slight replay of season two's finale), will they form a bond, setting the stage for Carol to seek romance elsewhere?

What about Tyrese? I think he will be forced to make a quick decision: kill the moron who was once a companion (whatever his name is), as we can guess that moron will try to use the prison attack to lead Tyrese into an "accident" or "friendly fire."

Now that Glenn has Herschel's approval to marry Maggie, is this......nah, too many spoilers in the theory.

How long will Rick see visions of Lori?

Who gets to turn into the big ass kicker of the finale: Carl? Carol? Beth? Glenn? Herschel?

I'm curious to see the conversation between Michonne and Rick, now that she knows all about the original plan.

18. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

After losing his brother, Carol dying would be too much, too soon.

Merle killed the annoying son while aiming at the governor.

19. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Wasn't it the annoying son that Merle was snacking on? I couldn't tell but I've read some comments in other forums that said Merle was eating that stupid kid.

20. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Anybody else think "Awe Hell No!" when they realized what Glenn was doing at the fence?

Season finale? They fill the prison with walkers, leave and let the Woodberry warriors trap themselves in the attack.