Star Trek: A Rendezvous With Destiny--A Tale of Captain Ezri Dax

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Rush Limborg, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Depends. The folks who'd run Strange New Worlds put in the first volume old fanfics of theirs, in the Because We Can section.

Just to be safe, I have not put my fanfic in Ad Astra, so as to cause as few roadblocks as possible to that effect.

As it were, it actually took me a while before I started putting my short stories on here.

I might be able to go the way of the SNW editors, but then, I might not. I'm just saying....

2. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmf. That's why I am SO glad I'm not messing with profic--I can do whatever I want.

(Plus I have some major disagreements with the various relaunches, so I'd rather do it myself.)

3. Rush Limborg

Oh, I had some disagreements, myself--for one, the Julian/Ezri break-up (of course).

But...I find a great deal of satisfaction in "reparing" the damage, rather than ignoring it.

The limits imposed on me by official TrekLit, I find, actually helps mold my stories--and in some cases, creates them (as is the case here, and in "Of Power...").

4. Nerys Ghemor

Hm...for me it's SO much easier to write in my own world, one that I can accept and that makes sense. Writing things I do not accept or "believe" in...I just CAN'T do that; it feels like lying.

5. Rush Limborg

^I don't accept, Nerys. I correct. As this tale should indicate...I intend to fix a great deal. :)

6. Nerys Ghemor

I guess I'd rather ditch the whole framework when I don't like it, and start from the ground up.

7. Rush Limborg

^Well, I'm not saying both approaches don't have merit--but I'd prefer to go pro, myself. Just an ambition I have, I guess. :)

8. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

sorry about the holy thread resurrection but i just read the story. well most of it at least. and i just wanted to say keep up the good work and you really should go pro.
    rgds

9. Rush Limborg

Thank you, ares93! :)

10. ares93

dont mention it :-) i recognize talent when i see it. put it to good use.

and about the ezri-julian story i agree. ive been trying to "repair" it myself. repairing without compromising the other stories can be a pain but its fun. mine ended up quite well actually but the english translation was terrible. i must admit, my "literature english" is far from perfect. :-) i should stick to my native tongue...

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  11. Rush Limborg

Wow. Thanks!

Amen and amen. To be honest--many times an episode or book sends me sprawling and squirming, due to some decision that I absolutely HATE! And believe me--never have such strong feelings been stirred in me like that before I learned that Mike and Andy broke up my favorite couple in all of Trek--with the most pathetic excuses in the book!

(Sorry, Mike and Andy. I love your writing, but...was all that really neccesary?)

And do you know what the worst part is?

I'm afraid that David Mack's Zero Sum Game is going to send me sprawling and squirming once again!

(I recommend the readers of this post go to the TrekLit forum, go to the "Typhon Pact Blurbs" thread, and see what I mean. :()

Well, I wouldn't worry. It took the Russian-born Ayn Rand quite a while before she was satisfied with her "literature English".

Hey--have you considered, once you're satisfied with your translation, posting your tale here? :)

12. ares93

how do i remove this thing?

13. ares93

i dont think i'll read zero sum game. you have no idea what it took to get a hold of fearful and soul key. none of my contacts could get a hold of them. i ended up buying them from china with the google translate grammar. it was bloody terrible i might add.

when i'm satisfied with the translation i see no reason why not to post it. however i dont know how long it will take. i guess my "Literature english" will improve significantly once i move to the states. and just to point out i pretty much killed your aventine storyline :devil: sorry... :-)

BTW when is the sequel coming?

rgds

14. Rush Limborg

^To this tale? The "sequal", I think, will be one of my pro books. :)

15. ares93

yup to this one. very well then, get on with it. i cant wait! :)
    rgds