Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

The Tressaurians won.

2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Why do you care so much? Why can't you just let it be?

When the updates come, they will come. Why do you feel the need to keep coming in here with such a negative attitude?

You did the same thing back in March, and you were given reasons and answers by multiple posters in this thread about why this thread continues. Reasons and answers you yourself acknowledged at the time.

It's also worth noting that at the time, you were came across as rather rude and entitled. This, too, was pointed out to you. Clearly there's been no change in your attitude in the intervening 7 months. :(

I'm guessing those same answers will apply today. So re-read the thread. Otherwise, sit and wait like the rest of us, or better yet, go find someone else to needlessly harangue. Nobody's going to fall for the bait this time.

3. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, please, it'll be done when it's done. My little group just wrapped shooting last weekend on an amateur film we started shooting eight years ago. Actors visibly aged in the production and we had to work around that.

Exeter just needs to be edited when they find time.

4. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll announce right here and now that Exeter is dead if it means that crapulus will say "I told you so" and stop posting here.

It doesn't matter whether it's true or not, right? As long as someone associated with the project "admits" that it's dead then posters like crapulus can give up and go away and stop spamming up the topic. I say it's worth it.

5. nightwind1

nightwind1 Commodore Commodore

This is by a bunch of FANS, on a FAN's budget, and FAN's available time.

As Michaelangelo said of the Sistine Chapel- "It will be done when it is finished".

Since it's being done by a bunch of non-professionals in their spare time, with their own money, just enjoy it when it comes out, instead of griping about it all of the time.

6. crapulus

crapulus Ensign Newbie

"Clearly there's been no change in your attitude in the intervening 7 months"

Clearly, there's also been nothing new to report in the intervening 7 months. But we'll just keep hanging on!

"Nobody's going to fall for the bait this time"

You did.

7. crapulus

crapulus Ensign Newbie

Well thanks for letting me know your strategy.

8. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

And thanks for letting us know yours.

9. crapulus

crapulus Ensign Newbie

Still falling for the bait, I see.

10. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

You nearly stopped my heart!

11. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

How about I say we erased all the hard drives and everyone can let it drop?

12. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

Who wants to see Garrovik get eaten by a Tressaurian anyway?

13. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

Watching crapulus carefully.

Please don't take the bait, everyone.

For what it's worth, the starshipexeter.com domain is in safe hands. More details are probably forthcoming. In the meantime, please go about your lives.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  14. Admiral Buzzkill

We could do that. :lol:

It may be worth mentioning here that I have several different rough cuts of Act Four on my hard drive, as well as the unedited renders of most of the CG special effects shots for the unreleased portion, etc. - and, of course, the PDF of the original shooting script. I was really pleased to work with and for Jimm Johnson on the show - and Jimm was and is the man in charge.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  15. Maurice

Then I'll need to erase those, too. ;)

16. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

At the age of 57 it looks like I may not see the completed episode. Starship Youktown will be completed before Exeter, even a TV show will be on the air before Exeter. I will request a copy of the current uncompleted Exeter be burried with me.... Que Sera Sera....

17. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think Exeter's version of the "Activate the Omega 13" cliffhanger, as it is right now, would be both a brilliant and fitting way to end it.

Seriously, though, the interest that many have is just indicative of the love we have for the project.

18. Admiral Buzzkill

It's the only fan film project that I've ever been moved to involve myself in, in anything like a major way - I've helped out at the edges, so to speak, on shows I enjoy like Intrepid and Farragut - and I'm enormously proud of Exeter and the folks who put it together.

19. Maurice

Well, when it gets done, I think it will be really good. The ending on this sucker isn't a letdown, that's for sure.

20. Admiral Buzzkill

Even if we need a new website for it. :lol: