BLSSDWLF's TOS Enterprise WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by blssdwlf, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

My God, blssdwlf. I just read through this whole thread (okay, I skimmed a bit) but holy crap, your work is just fantastic. I hope you're continuing with it. :)

2. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

@Praetor - thanks. Yes on and off. Depends on what's going on at work and home :)

3. Praetor

I know just what you mean. :rommie:

I'm immediately interested in any TOS Enterprise attempt, but particluarly any that take a radical stance on it. Further, I commend your attempt at fleshing her out in three dimensions.

4. blssdwlf

I enjoy it immensely.

But I'm not the only one working on the Enterprise.

Havoc92 did a detailed job using FJ's blueprints as a base. Donny also is doing some amazing work using the unreal 3d engine.

I also remember another member (name escaping me, argh!) doing a sweet Minecraft version of the movie Enterprise (my son's pretty heavy into it now too.)

I think Mytran, Albertese and Robert Comsol are doing 2D blueprints but only Robert has an active thread here.

I'll post more WIPs as time permits :)

5. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

I'm working on my deck plans on and off. I decided on not starting a thread about it, as I'm taking a weird approach on things and it'll only cause arguments. I'll probably post it all at some point and let the comments and criticisms land were they may.

Anyhow, blssdwlf, I too am eagerly awaiting more progress on your project here...

--Alex

6. blssdwlf

Thanks Albertese :)

Just a couple of things today.

A chart of the evolution of US Submarines I saw while touring one recently: (1.3 MB jpg)

And another view of the flight deck:
    [​IMG]

Ogrebear likes this.
  7. Praetor

Awesomesauce. :D

8. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's a shame, I rather liked the (slightly) larger Enterprise from earlier in the thread. :)

Might I ask what you've discovered / refined in order to arrive at the 1084 figure? I love the little details like that!

9. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

I like how you've solved the problem with the "Journey To Babel" scene with Sarek and Company in the blank shuttlebay. Nice! I never thought they could be below the main shuttlebay.

10. blssdwlf

@Mytran - Hmm. Maybe you're thinking of the 1,164' (355m) TMP Enterprise that I was studying with the engineering/cargo bay? The 1,084' (330.4m) TOS Enterprise came about because the sidebays on the flight deck protruded out from the hull of the 947' ship.

It was just by chance that it ended up close to the 1,080' size others talk about because in LW I just use the mouse to scale a percentage and see how it fits and only afterwards do I do a measurement. :)

@Donny - Thanks! The lack of wall details helped out in this case :D

11. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

I see and now I understand. The 1,080'+ overall length figure really answers many questions we'd otherwise have to confront ourselves with (too bad it doesn't work for the size of the bridge).

Just out of curiosity: How long is your shuttlebay from the stern end of the engineering hull to the forward end of the lateral observation corridors / end of actual VFX model?

Bob

12. blssdwlf

@Bob - I'll take some measurements after work today.

13. Praetor

I wonder how well a 1080'-ish TOS ship can be rectified with a 1000' refit? Maybe she just lost some length in the nacelles? ;)

Looking forward to your measurements, blssdwlf.

14. blssdwlf

In my case, the TMP Enterprise ended up being 355m (1,164') after I had to rescale it to fit the cargobay. :)

15. blssdwlf

It's 124' long from stern of engineering hull to forward end of flight deck model. I'm not counting the TCOTK Obs deck as I've moved it forward of the flight deck.

16. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

Based entirely on the limited TOS footage from the episodes, this is really impressive! Congratulations! :techman:

Bob

17. blssdwlf

Thanks Bob :)

18. blssdwlf

Whenever I get around to doing interiors of the unseen areas of the engineering section, I'm borrowing a page out of Google. It's so colorful and TOS-ish :D

19. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, Google's industrial designer was obviously a Trekkie. :D

20. Praetor

Certainly. :rommie: