PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

J, those are awesome! Where did you get the stationary?

2. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

And the stamp?

3. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Thanks! :D

I don't recall where I got the letterhead (comes pre-stamped!) originally, but I've uploaded it to my mediafire account, which you can download from here: Click to download.

The font is called "Dear Saint Nick". It's free, and you can download it here

I used Foxit PDF to edit the document just the way I wanted it.

I take my Santa Clausing seriously. I will do everything to preserve that sense of magic and wonder around the holidays. I also tend to get all teary eyed because my niece asked Santa, in her letter, to "make sure all the boys and girls who don't have anything get a toy for Christmas" (right in the heart!), and my nephew (he's 3) asked Santa Claus to bring his "papaw" (my dad) some new teeth (my dad is getting some dental work done). I love them. :lol:

4. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

This house believes in Santa.

It's probably too late for this year, but something to keep in your back pocket for next year. Kids can write to Santa at:

Santa Claus
    North Pole H0H 0H0
    Canada

They have been doing this for years and they respond to every letter. Just make sure the return address is clearly readable.

You can read more about it, here:

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/personal/campaigns/holiday/default.jsf

Just scroll down to the bottom.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

H0H 0H0...I just got that. :guffaw:

6. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Well done, J.! It's good to see adults taking an enthusiastic and active role in making kids' Christmas wishes a reality and participating in some of the festive little things that make the Holiday season great.

You're only a little kid once, and it means a lot when you're that age to get things like that, things that make the season so fun and exciting.

7. Tom Hendricks

Sorry, I've been to the real North Pole. That would be North Pole, Alaska. I've also been above the arctic circle, wasn't that impressed.

8. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My dad and I went to the Trek convention in San Francisco today. Had a great time, met Brent Spiner and Marina Sirtis. Saw them as well as Jonathan Frakes, Micheal Dorn, John De Lancie and Denise Crosby. One of the highlights of the day had to be JG Hertzler and Robert O'Reilly on stage in their full Klingon makeup and wardrobe. Two words. Klingon rap.

I went home afterward but my dad, who has something to do in the city early this morning, stayed at the hotel for the night...and apparently had his ear talked off by Garrett Wang at the hotel bar!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. cooleddie74

Even after all these years I always find myself surprised at how short and petite Marina is. Congrats on getting to meet them, man!

10. Tiberius Jim

Thanks! Yeah, she commented on how much taller we were than her even with her heels. I got to tell Brent about my twin brother cats, Data and Lore. He had a good laugh about how Data is incredibly sweet and sociable while Lore is just a complete ass. He thought that was very fitting.

11. cooleddie74

Brent gets flak for being a difficult and egotistical person but I just haven't seen it in the videos and appearances I've watched. He's a regular guest at conventions and seems to enjoy spending time with fans, so he must be easygoing and humble enough to want to surround himself with geeky and nerdy fans who want to ask him nonstop questions about his career and the franchise.

I'd like to meet him someday. He seems like he's a pretty decent guy.

12. Tiberius Jim

I had heard the same so I was pleasantly surprised with how much he seemed to enjoy talking to everyone. He didn't just hurry people through his line and had genuine conversations with people. Marina was lovely as well and made a joke about how my dad and I had better not fight over her. :) What was odd is I had heard that Micheal Dorn is a really nice guy but he actually seemed to be a little more detached and rather, well...Worf-like for most of his appearances. Although nobody was ass grumpy as John de Lancie towards the guy who came up to ask a question but instead rambled on with his opinions on the casts's acting ability. When he interrupted the guy with "Excuse me...do you have a *question*?" I think we all cheered just a little. :)

13. cooleddie74

Sometimes you want John de Lancie to be Q and sometimes you want him to be John. A little of that Q snark and attitude probably comes in handy with some fans who just can't change the subject or talk about the wrong things. :)

14. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Define been above the Arctic circle? I've lived there. Northern tip of Ellesmere Island, just a stones throw from the real North Pole....the place where there are no trees. Flying above it doesn't do it justice, nor does Thule which is about 700km to the south. North Pole, Alaska, while beautiful, is a summer retreat compared to the real one which is much, much farther north. North Pole Alaska, while 'a real' North Pole is not 'the real' North Pole. You haven't done the Arctic until you've lived above 80° North Latitude. Sorry.

15. cooleddie74

Ellesmere Island? Wow. That's got to be an experience. If I'm not mistaken it's the closest landmass on the entire planet to the North Pole and extends farther north than any part of not only Greenland or Alaska, but also Norway or Russia. I think there's a range of mountains near the northern tip of Ellesmere that at one point was named for the United States.

16. Tom Hendricks

Yeah, I was just trying to be funny. North Pole, Alaska is a cute little town. Even has Santa Clauses House, where you can meet Santa year round.

I've been to Barrow Alaska, which is no where as north as Ellesmere Island but still not to shabby.

17. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Thanks! I'll remember that! :D

Thanks, eddie. I love making kids smile and laugh. I've told the story a hundred times, but my stint as Santa Claus really put in me the joy and desire to become that man; that the idea of Santa Claus, the joy, generosity, cheer, and kindess, was alive, and could live in anyone who wanted to experience the same. That is how I live every day, especially when it comes to the welfare of children everywhere.

Amen.

That said, I remember having several adults sit on my lap during my time as Santa Claus, and even though at first they were just being cheeky, by the time they finished telling me what they wanted for Christmas, they were smiling and bright eyed. Santa's magic works on everyone who wants to believe. ;)

18. cooleddie74

Hey, Santa can do pretty much anything. He even made the Martians who once kidnapped him laugh and smile. ;)

19. Tom Hendricks

Some pics from Ian's birthday party this weekend. We had it at a place called Billy Beez, it's an indoor playground. A great place when your kid has a December birthday.

Ian all smiles before the start
    [​IMG]

Kira crawling through some tunnels
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ian and Kira
    [​IMG]

On the slide with Kira
    [​IMG]

Ian enjoying some birthday pizza
    [​IMG]

Ian's cake