2014 MLB Season: How Many Pitchers Will Die For Our Sins?

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ So you wouldn't have a problem with Girardi doing the same thing? ;)

2. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Not at all. I'm actually shocked he hasn't pissed and moaned about the Yankees' shitty attendance over the last few years.

3. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Your typical election. :scream:

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Well, either Maddon has a problem with Yankee fans cheering for Jeter at the Trop (which would be odd, since that's what we're bloody SUPPOSED to do), or he has a problem with Rays fans doing it, which would also be odd since it's happened in every single ballpark the Yankees have come to this season, without complaint from any other manager that I'm aware of.

And it's not like everyone's cheering when Jeter gets a hit or a HR. Just when he walks to the plate. Seems harmless enough. :shrug:

5. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I love watching the Yanks play in Yankee Stadium south. It's like they have two home ball parks and another state paid for it. I also loved when the Rays pitcher threw inside to Jeter when he was trying to bunt and he was booed, in his own stadium and I mean loudly.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the Rays really are an embarrasment. Or rather, the franchise/fans (team is just fine). Don't fill the stadium or support the team, even when they're good and in the playoffs. Really need to consider moving the team somewhere that wants them.

that, and Maddon is an arrogant douche, but that wasn't part of the comment ;) He's got a lot of the "smartest guy in the room" thing going on, same thing that made Bobby V so popular in Boston. Sickly sweet at best when he's commenting about things, or how he's above whatever it is that he just did, etc.

7. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

The Tampa Bay Rays are far from an "embarrassment". They have a great franchise, a stadium that is quite excellent, although it could be better located, and a solid team with devoted fans. The problem is that in Florida, so many fans in that sweet spot demo (40 plus with the money for season tickets and the time to go to mid week games) are from other parts of the country and therefore already HAVE a favorite team. Therefore when the Yanks or the Red Sux are in town, the stadium is full but the fans are split 60-40 in favor of the opposing team. That can be a bit tedious to deal with when "home" games are de facto "away" games.
    I don't blame Madden for being a bit irritated.

As for the Oakland A's - the less said about this week, the better.

8. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping the Braves are on a hot streak again. Went to the game on Saturday and got to see the cool 1914 Miracle Braves uniforms. I liked the ones Oakland were wearing as well. Glad I got to see Sonny Gray pitch. The best part of the night was definitely the streaker though. I'm just guessing he was European because he had the weirdest capri tan lines ever.

9. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Pretty much in agreement with most of this but that stadium is far from excellent. It is hideous.

10. Jedi_Master

Hideous! O.Co Coliseum is hideous. The Trop isn't very pretty, especially from left to right field, but it isn't hideous. The AC works great, which is a big plus,the amenities are decent, and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

11. Timby

The Coliseum isn't hideous, it just literally overflows with shit.

12. Mr. Laser Beam

The Trop isn't bad as far as its actual field area goes (although the catwalks aren't helping). The problem is the concourses. It's like the 80's threw up.

As for the Coliseum: It wasn't so bad before they added Mount Fuckin' Davis. But the latest buzz is that the A's are keen on building a new stadium on the Coliseum site (guessing the Raiders have already been taken care of). So that's good news of course.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  13. Jedi_Master

Oh it's an awful stadium. O-town folks are used to crappy public works, so they have embraced it as emblematic of their lives, and the A's have managed to pretend that the terrible stadium fits their #GreenCollar ethic, but with the possible exception of the right field bleacher crowd, there will be exactly zero tears shed the day that pesthole is imploded.

As for the Trop, they certainly could do a better job decorating, but again the staff there make up for it. Having gone to AT&T, Shea Stadium (old), Yankee stadium (old) I was pleasantly surprised by how helpful they were for me and my family. The security guard for my section was super cool and I actually want to sit in that section again so I can jaw at him.

14. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

O.co is garbage from anywhere but a seat watching the game. The merchandise stores are garbage and there's absolutely no fan experience. The best thing about the place is the parking.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Yeah, the parking lot where you can see the giant piles of seats (for football) that they just dump out there in a big heap. :lol:

16. Timby

The Dodgers have a "creeping concern" about Zach Greinke's elbow and are looking for pitching.

2014 MLB Season: Yes, your favorite pitcher is injured.

17. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Anybody have a total number of arms hurt this season so far?

18. Timby

It's official; the Marlins cannot lose 100 games this season.

[​IMG]

19. Jedi_Master

LOL!!

Is there any fanbase that is so thoroughly and regularly screwed over as Marlin fans?

A's finally got back in the win column last night. Thanks Mets!

20. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

The Trop is awful. Catwalks, speaker rings, and in an area no one wants to watch baseball, especially indoors. Like I said, team and organization are fine, well run. Just needs to be moved to another market where fans will actually support the team.

And playing in a dome, on turf, kinda blows. They had a nice design for a new one, but not enough support to justify doing it. Or couldn't bully town into paying for it at least

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.