‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

But... but... but...

:techman:

2. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

^ What Mage said is true. I didn't know RDJ wore heels/platform shoes. I know Daniel Craig does for his Bond films. Since he's 5'10.

Take a look at Black Widow and Sif for instance.

Scarlet Johansson is 5'3.

Chris Evans is 6'1.
    Chris Hemsworth is 6'3.
    RDJ is 5'9.
    Mark Ruffalo is 5'8.
    Jeremy Renner is 5'10 .
    Samuel L Jackson is 6'2.

Standing next to any of her costars she is short. So she wears 3' wedges.

[​IMG]

Even with the wedges, she's still shorter (by a lot) than her costars.

[​IMG]

Jamie Alexander who plays Sif, is 5'9. Her and Gadot are the same height. Jamie Alexander wears wedge heels too. Presumably so she doesn't look so short compared to Hemsworth, who is 6'3. A little FYI: both Sif and Thor in the comics are supposed to be 6'6 in the comics.

[​IMG]

In BvS, Gadot has to stand next to Affleck who is 6'4, Cavil who is 6'1 and Mamoa who is 6'4.

3. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

There are a lot of basic camera tricks that are used for this purpose beyond just shoes. Sylvester Stallone always looks much taller in his movies than he is in real life, for example.

4. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

As did Paul Newman (though even much taller, he looked rather short on screen--only so much one could do for him).

5. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And they are all still more involved then the shoes. So those are used the most. It's very easy to find sexist reasons for the heels if you want to, but the simple fact is, they are used for height reasons only. Otherwise, they would be 12 inch stilleto heels instead of platforms.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't see where those shoes are that unreasonable, and with the real world context they even make sense.

7. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, I remember reading that. There's Thor #331 where Sif is carrying an unconscious (presumably dead) Thor but even with all the camera tricks I don't think they can convinceingly make Jamie Alexander be able to do that with Hemsworth

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  8. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Tom Cruise is also short, but instead of wearing platform shoes to match his co-stars' height he actually levitates instead.

9. Showdown

Showdown Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

90's Luthor reminds me of ...
    [​IMG]

10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

There are other techniques:
    [​IMG]

11. M.A.C.O.

Rounding out the edges, with the TV characters.

[​IMG]

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ That's actually pretty cool

13. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You should post that to Stephen Amell's facebook page. He'd get a kick out of that!

14. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Flash and Arrow look a tad too colorful for the Snyderverse.

15. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Which is funny because Flash and Arrow aren't that colorful. Snyder just hates color so much that anything with a noticeable color looks bright compared to his stuff :lol:

16. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

All really great performances are in black-and-white. ;) :p

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Rather see Green Lantern than Arrow. Arrow's pretty conspicuous as the one without any powers or place there. Guess Batman KINDA fits that mold, but Arrow is a poor man's Batman, IMO.

Gets tough to make sense of these team-ups when there's such disparity in powers. Same reasoning as to why Hawkeye and Black Widow look silly in the Avengers; they're more of a liability against a real foe, or they have to tone down the powered heroes so that both can fight the same enemy without it being an obvious disparity.

You've got super speed, flight, strength, frickin laser beams from the eyes, and then a guy with a bow and arrow. I mean, he'd even be out of sorts in a gunfight, forget fighting supervillians...

/rant

18. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

19. M.A.C.O.

Yeah, this was one of the issues I had with AoU. The Ultron bots were such a cannon fodder army, that the non-super powered Avengers managed to one-shot wave after wave of the bots. I mean, what were they made out of, tin foil? How does Hawkeye, who to my knowledge doesn't have titanium arrows, manage to strike these robots down to easil? Quicksilver seemingly only needed to run at them and they fell to pieces. Same with Scarlet Witch just throwing a psychic or "hex bolt" at them and they were destroyed. Aren't her powers over probability? How plausible is it that she can one shot every bot in her path?

Granted we all know why this was done. To give the Avengers an enemy weak enough to beat, so they could all get into the action. I feel most MCU villains are nerfed in the same way. Replace the legions of Ultron bots with a handful of Sentinels from DOFP, and you have a more dynamic fight.

20. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Think about what you are saying...