Thor 2 -Movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2013

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Aldo, May 6, 2012.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^They're not firing him because Levi is available, he can't do it because he is too busy playing Charming/David on Once Upon A Time.

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah I went back and deleted that part. I was being cynical since Zach Levi is so much better than Josh Dallas - yeah right it's just because Dallas has a TV show now - but who the heck knows, right?

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Hey, thanks for posting news that was already discussed yesterday. :p

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Could it also be that you like this recast since you think Zach Levi is good looking?:rommie:

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well this is the Kevin Feige era of Marvel. I'm sure Levi would get locked into a contract, and if he isn't and left to do Flash, they'd kick him out the door and recast the part again for Thor 3. :lol:

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

All the recasts so far have made sense.

This new Frandral recast is just because the original actor is too busy on his new show. Levi was the original choice anyway.

Rhodey was recast because Terrence Howard was asking for too much money. Terrence Howard got paid more money than the star RDJ in the first IM which is ridiculous. Giving him even more money for the sequel would have been silly. I think Howard was dumb not to take a pay cut since he was going to play War Machine!:rommie:

Edward Norton recast for Hulk was was because Norton was too hard to work with. Mark Ruffalo is widely considered by both fans and critics to be much better than Norton as Banner anyway. Nothing was lost.

7. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

And it's not like Marvel movies invented recasting. How many different actors have played Felix Leiter in the Bond movies? Johnny Weismuller had at least two different Janes in the old Tarzan flicks. Dr. Frankenstein's fiance went from being a blonde Mae Clarke in the original movie to being a brunette Valerie Hobson in BRIDE. Professor Moriarity was played by at least two different actors in the old Rathbone/Bruce "Sherlock Holmes" movies. And let's not forget Catwoman and the Riddler and Mr. Freeze in the original Batman tv series . . ..

The point being that recasting is like the sun rising in the east. It's always happened and it's always going to happen.

(And, yes, I watch too much TCM.)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  8. Derishton

Derishton Vice Admiral Admiral

It's actually impossible to watch too much TCM.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I lost TCM a couple years ago when Cox Cable shifted a bunch of our channels around and I really miss it.

10. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Kat Dennings was asked in a recent interview if she was reprising her role as Darcy Lewis, and all but confirmed it:

SuperHeroHype

11. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

She's a retard if she thinks that's not confirmation. She'd have been better off saying, "You'll know when I know." That would have been true too. They will know if she's in Thor 2 when she knows if it's okay to announce it. ;)

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I thought Kat Dennings would be busy with her tv show? I guess not... :rommie:

13. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I don't think you're implying that it's not coming back, because it most definitely is.

I can't imagine her part is that substantial, she didn't really have a whole lot to do in the first film either.

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I know her show is doing fine, I was laughing at myself for thinking she wouldn't be back.

I wasn't a fan of her character in Thor. I thought Darcy's only purpose in the movie was to provide stupid comedy and eye candy. She is almost like the Jar Jar Binks of the MCU.

I'm glad she will be having a reduced role if she returns.

15. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope you're not implying Jar Jar was eye candy! :eek:

16. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

They will likely just need her for a few days or maybe a week. I don't see Darcy being that crucial to the film. Probably squeeze her scenes in during a hiatus from filming her TV show.

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Jar Jar was CGI eye candy? :rommie:

I only meant the annoying part when I compared her to Jar Jar.

18. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Darcy was an annoying twit. I've nothing against Kat Dennings and think she's a fine actress, but the character of Darcy was just a self-absorbed twit.

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the movie would have worked much better without her. Take her away and the plot would have stayed the same but without the annoying character.

20. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I mentioned this up-thread but the part that "got me" the most is when Jane is lamenting over the loss of her entire life's work at the hands of SHIELD and Darcy whines about losing her iPod she just put new songs onto. Then there's the ridiculous way she parses Mjolnir's name to "meow-meow." Look, Darcy, Mjolnir is hard enough to spell let alone say correctly but it was pretty clearly not meow-meow.

And then she a bit too smugly, gleefully and easily fingers her boss and friend in the hospital by saying she hit him with her car.

God, shut-up Darcy!