new South Park- "The Coon"

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Ethros, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone watch the latest new South Park ep- "The Coon"?

Just watched it myself, bloody hilarious. A great parody of The Dark Knight / Watchmen style superheroes.
    The gravelly voices were great, and Cartman's moving around in the police office- "Now I'm over here" :lol:
    And having Professor Chaos in an episode is never a bad thing

But who was Mysterion? ha, the joke is he could have been anyone. I like to think it was Kenny

2. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got a couple of chuckles out of it, but overall I thought this was a very mediocre episode. I saw what they were going for, but just didn't connect with it.

3. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Yep. SP is very much hit or miss these days. Maybe one in five episodes has something to laugh at. :(

4. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought it was really funny...I'll throw this one on every once in awhile the way I do with Awesome-O and some of my other favorites.

5. ParticleMan

ParticleMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was an OK episode. I chuckled a bit at the "superhero movie" camera angles when Cartman goes to the mini storage place to confront Professor Chaos. I kinda had a feeling that either Mysterion wouldn't be unmasked or that we wouldn't see it. But they chose to make him one of the background classroom characters...someone that everyone in the town would know but that we viewers wouldn't since the show doesn't focus on the character.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I thought it was good but not a classic. The superhero stuff was funny, and I did like the "battle". I'm a little pissed we didn't actually learn who Mysterion was though!

7. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

It still could have been Stan/Kyle or anyone else. He never spoke in his normal voice and the character design is fair non-de-script on the show. In fact, it is one of the people that Cartman guesses since Cartman comments on that.

8. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought it was a good episode, I loved the Dark Knight and Watchmen references.

I also like how everyone knew who Mysterion was when he was revealed but they didn't show enough features for the audience to identify him. The audience not knowing who it was made me think of the Justice League episode where the Flash and Lex Luthor switch bodies and Luthor has no idea who the Flash is when he takes a peak under the mask.

9. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Well it couldn't be Kyle as he had a scene with him in his bedroom

10. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Great episode :D

I loved Mysterion's lispy, gravelly voice. Spot-on accuracy.

11. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

I thought Mysterion was pretty clearly Clyde. Stan or Kenny I think wouldn't have been able to pass up the opportunity to laugh at Cartman's ridiculous getup.

12. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

A good episode. My biggest laugh came when Cartman kept moving around the police station and had to tell them where he was each time.

This season has definately started out much stronger than the previous one. Mickey's rampage last week was a hoot.

13. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

I'd like think Mysterion was Kenny, simply because South Park have brought in Kenny without his hood a few times and nobody really notices, The Jeffersons is the best example of this, you never find out it's him until after he's died, after that it's too late and you never see his face again.

Although, I don't think it was any kid, just a joke from the South Park guys as all the kids have the same faces.

14. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah that scene makes me think that Mysterion was Stan.

15. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just aired here in Canada... loved it. Very timely, considering Watchmen came out only two weeks ago -- timelier than doing an Indiana Jones-themed episode in October, anyway (although I liked that episode too).

I thought it was pretty funny. Cartman becomes a superhero, but of course fighting for truth and justice comes second to getting attention and doing away with the competition. I loved the gravelly voices, moving around in the police station, and the list of the Coon's real identity suspects (Bruce Vilanch and Harvey Fierstein :guffaw:), among other things.

I'm inclined to think that Mysterion was Clyde. Being out all night fighting crime might explain why he was sleeping in class.

16. highlander

highlander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really enjoyed this episode. The voices and costumes were great. I think it was Clyde myself but we know that it wasn't Kyle,Eric,Token or Butters. I hope the rest of this seasons as strong.

17. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think it was Wendy Testaburger.