STAR WARS: LEGACY to end with issue #50

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by C.E. Evans, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I was wondering the same thing.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm assuming that was supposed to be some kind of metaphor for life continues no matter what happens given the narration...but it was kind of confusing.

3. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

The creatures are the seeds/children of the female plant jedi that was killed when their sanctuary was destroyed.

4. Admiral_Young

Ahhhh okay. Thanks for clarifying.

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Aha! Thanks for that.

6. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

It hasn't been solicited for August. I'd guess it'll be out in September.

7. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Krayt didn't see it being thwarted by Cade. He honestly didn't. In his arrogance, he believed that Cade would honestly turn to the Dark Side given how close he frequently was to that since Ossus. Cade ultimately proved Krayt wrong.

8. Admiral_Young

I haven't seen the trade listed on Amazon yet. They just list all of the Legacy trades.

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Sometimes I hate being a trades-only reader. :lol:

10. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think he was arrogant. He has just lived so long to see even the greatest of the jedi fall to the dark side. Anakin, the Solo Kid, even himself etc.

11. C.E. Evans

Krayt was definitely arrogant.
    He dropped his guard around Cade. Krayt was so convinced that he had turned Cade that he made the totally fatal mistake of lowering his lightsaber...

12. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

Well, I just made the decision to drop all my ongoing titles in favour of trade. Since Marvel like to release hardcover first, I have the wonderful experience of waiting a year to find out what happens in Uncanny X-Force, so I feel your pain. :p

13. Admiral_Young

I've been collecting trades for the last five or six years.

14. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I finished the final issue. I didn't think War was the best send off for Legacy ultimately, but the final issue did provide some closure for some of the characters. War overall just felt rushed. I wished the books had been longer, and maybe that would've given the creative team enough space to wrap up all of the storylines they had going during the run of the series to greater satisfaction.

15. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Although I think the lack of progress on Cade's storyline hurt and the fact that he was a very unlikeable character most of the time didn't help, I definitely think Legacy could have gone on longer. I loved Jon and Jan's work on Star Wars Republic and loved the world they created in Legacy, complete with compelling characters.

I enjoyed the final issue. I do agree with DarKush though that there needed to be a little more time to wrap up all the storylines. But it definitely provides closure, albeit in a rushed manner.

Probably the smarter thing to do. I've been trying to limit what I buy now, as it's becoming too damn expensive. Though there are still a couple of titles I like to buy regularly.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Didn't they say somewhere that they had more planned for the Legacy era? Or was that a reference War after the main Legacy series ended?

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I don't know, I just hope Del Rey never gets its hands on the Legacy era. They've already wrecked the post-ROTJ period, I don't want to see them ruin Legacy, too.

18. Admiral_Young

^ I agree. I've not read a Star Wars novel since book one of Fate of the Jedi. The only book that I'm truly excited for is next year's Star Wars Essential Guide to Warfare!

19. C.E. Evans

All that we know is that the creative team behind Legacy is currently working on another project, but Dark Horse is keeping it a closely guarded secret.

20. Admiral_Young

^ It's not a Legacy project though is it? I remember reading an interview last year with Ostrander saying that Legacy War would be the finale of the franchise.