Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

That's not surprising, glad to know he's staying on Winter Soldier for the time being.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

As far as I'm concerned his Cap story climaxed with "Reborn", and everything since then has been immensely disappointing.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I wonder who will get the gig next.

4. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

agreed.

5. Admiral_Young

I'm sure we'll find out at SDCC. I wouldn't be surprised if Captain America is part of the creative shuffle going on in the fall time. I haven't heard any rumors though. I don't think one of the Architects will be on the book...unless they double up someone.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

7. Admiral_Young

Actually that article assumes that it is the Ultron War in October, now that I've actually read it. CBR has a different take on the teasers:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39356

It's interesting that they making this an event, right after Avengers Vs X-Men. When it was originally teased at the start of Bendis second "Avengers" run I naturally assumed that it would be a natural arc of "Avengers". That doesn't seem to be the case at all now. I've been looking forward to it, if this is indeed the Age of Ultron.

Yet another theory:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/25/ooh-thats-a-point-it-couldnt-be-the-reckoning-war-could-it/

I don't think the Alpha is hinting at that. I like Mike Farley's suggestion that Alpha is the Alpha Spider-Totem (I think that was what he suggested).

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  8. Turtletrekker

More Marvel rumors from Bleeding Cool...

The new rumor is that Bendis' Uncanny X-Men will be bi-weekly with rotating artists (ala Amazing Spider-Man) including Stuart Immonen, Brandon Peterson and Leinil Yu.

9. Admiral_Young

Oh no...not Stuart Immonen. Disliked his work immensely on Ultimate Spider-Man when he succeeded Mark Bagely.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I used to hate Immonen, but his work on Avengers and Fear Itself looked amazing and now I love him!

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hate is a stunning aphrodisiac.

12. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Immonen's work always looks...unfinished to mean. It doesn't help that my major exposure to him was on the early 90's Legion of Super-Heroes, which had some pretty flat coloring to accompany his artwork. I've never been a fan of his artwork, though it's far from the worst I've seen.

I've usually seen pretty positive comments on his art, so I'm a little relieved to find that I'm not the only one who's not a fan of his artwork.

13. Admiral_Young

14. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

^ Wow I have absolutely no interest in that what-so-ever.

15. Admiral_Young

16. Turtletrekker

FF 19 featured the kids on a field trip to Wakanda, taking place during the current Fantastic Four arc. A fun story about the kids without an adult in sight. The Future Foundation finds a new member, a Wakandan girl who helped the team with a group of local scavengers. With this story, I could definitely see the FF kids supporting their own book without the constant ties to the main book, which make it hard for FF to stand on its own at times.

Avenging Spider-Man 8 is an epilogue to then "Ends of the Earth" storyline that just wrapped over in Amazing. I actually haven't read "Ends" yet, but a few weeks back a glitch at Amazon had the HC listed for $10, so I took the plunge and decided to buy the epilogue issue as well. As an epilogue, it obviously spoils the main story, but still stood alone as fun read.

Hit-Girl 1-- Taking place inbetween Kick-Ass 1 & 2, and shows Mindy trying to adjust to a "normal" life. Mindy recruits Dave to be her sidekick and promises to train him if he teaches her how to be a "normal" little girl. Of course, nothing about Mindy's life can be considered "normal", but its fun to see her try. She laments that she can take on any thug that the world throws at her, but doesn't know how to handle the mean girls at school.:lol:

I was planning on buying X-Men: Legacy and Wolverine and the X-Men through the AvX crossover, but finances have become an issue and I've had to cut back. Just as well. According to the solicits, Aaron will be bringing in his "Hellfire Tots" villains into the WatXM AvX crossovers, whom I consider to the the Jar-Jar Binks of X-Men canon, so I can't really complain about dropping it.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  17. Admiral_Young

Avenging Spider-Man #8 is from last week...and yeah Ends of the Earth has been on discount on and off at Amazon so I don't think that was a glitch. The lowest I've seen it for on Amazon Canada was about 15 bucks . The FF kids could support the book as long Jonathan Hickman writes them, he is the key to this entire thing. I personally don't think FF will be continuing when Hickman leaves in October. I need to read my pulls.

@Turtletrekker...you don't like the Hellfire kids? I love them!! They're nothing like Jar Jar at all IMO. They're like the anti-FF kids...they're whiny spoiled brats who have incredible power and influence, and have been a nuisance to Logan and the school since their first appearance. Since Schism basically has been all about kids, it only made sense that Aaron created kid antagonists.

18. Turtletrekker

I absolutely loathed them during "Schism".

19. Admiral_Young

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's a rifle pointing at Spidey, isn't it?