Amazing Spiderman #700

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by BillJ, Dec 20, 2012.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

2. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Wow...not cool...

That said, it seems every mention of the actual content of the spoiler has disappeared...does anyone know what the fuss was about?

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Peter and doc Ock switch bodies. Doc Ock's body dies with Peter still in it. Leaving the real Doc to go on living in Peter's body.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

But Doctor Octopus has been brainwashed/tricked into being a good guy who really wants to save the world, and if he didn't already have sex with Mary-Jane in #700, we at least saw them make out for a while before the scene cut to black, which proves once again that all and any social disorders, or unremitting pure evilness can be fixed by making out with a supermodel. I'm not kidding, Keith Giffen proved that the Hulk turns back into Banner after he blows a load, which means that the US government should have been legalizing streetwalking rather than spending trillions on useless super weapons if they wanted to limit the number of rampaging monsters across their wide open plains.

5. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

According to the issue of Avenging Spider-Man out next week, SpiderOck hasn't had sex with MJ yet (in fact, he mocks Peter's inability to close the deal with MJ), but he fully intends to in the very near future. Which raises some uncomfortable questions -- wouldn't this basically be date rape? She's not giving consent for Otto Octavius to jump her.

6. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Wow. And the Ultimate Marvel readers thought they had it bad with Miles Morales...

Seriously, THIS is Marvel's way of celebrating Spidey's 50th birthday?!? Granted they're still a long way from committing creative/business suicide the way DC Comics is with their superheroes, but...that is just damn cold.

7. Guy Gardener

All men lie to get women into bed. If she believes the lie it's fraud but it's not date rape, and it's not even fraud until after she finds out about the lie. If she doesn't figure out the lie, then from her perspective nothing rapey or fraudulent happened. This is why good girls and boys wait till their wedding night.

Have you met Barney Stinsen? Everything out of that (fictional/imaginary) man's mouth to a woman is a lie, and even after they find out that he's not an astronaut or they didn't just meet his time travelling 60 year old self minutes earlier who claims the world will end if "she" doesn't sleep with young Barney... I can't believe any one in the real world would fall for that who isn't already too drunk to walk.

There was an episode of Ally McBeal where a guy masquerading as a female online friended a girl he liked in real life, in a chatroom to find out what her perfect man was like, and then he emulated all that intelligence to dazzle her into bed, which is why she charged him with fraud rather than rape even though "consensual" sex happened because of his duplicitous data-mining.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer was super pissed that Riley didn't know that Faith had bodyswitched with her when Faith slept with him in Buffys body, but Riley wasn't miffed that he had been raped, in fact he made it so much worse, some thing like "I thought it was you it was just bodies, I didn't know" which had Buffy wonder/ask "Is that all I am to you? A body? Don't you care who I am inside? Or am I just a slab of meat your penis plays with?" ...Or words to that effect.

If a tree in the forest is raped and no one is there to hear it, is it really raped?

Remember when Kai Winn Figured out that she had been sleeping with the magically disguised Spacehitler Gul Dukat? Remember when Kira figured out that all those sexual advances from Spacehitler Gul Dukat hadn't at all been sexual advances and that he had always secretly been her ever proud step father? What would you rather do with with Space Hitler? Boff him a couple times or pick out fathers day presents for SpaceHitler for the rest of your life?

I don't even want to get into Stargate Universe and their magic body swapping stones and how every one was just abusing sexually their borrowed bodies. Hell, the Capitan made a successful run at his exwife who hates him because she couldn't recognize him hiding inside naked Lou Diamond Philips.

Kelly From the English superhero series Misfits had sex with a Gorillia that had been magically and temporally turned into a human being. She wasn't too happy about that.

Two and a half men right now! Right Now. Billionaire Waldon "Ashton Kutcher" Schmit, tired of women falling in love with him for his billions creates an alternate persona of a poor guy, Sam Wilson (The guy from House, or the falcon, Captain America's best friend.) so that he can date Brooke D'Orsay a shop girl in an outlet who is struggling to make ends meet before Christmas and kinda supporting his layabout lifestyle... There's going to be a reckoning there.

MegaMind (fabulous animated movie with Tina Fey and Will Farrel). Lois Lane and and Lex Luthor (Brainiac?) are doing it behind Superman's back because he's pretending he's not pure evil from underneath a holographic civilian disguise.

Lana Lang from Smallville fell in love with and moved in with Bizarro Superboy (for at least a month) because she thought it was that Jerk Clark who until right now could never accurately express his feeling to her.

Lionel Luthur from Smallville too, body slid into Clark Kent and then with all his youth and raging cum, decided to express his undying love for Martha Kent, the mother of young Superboy.

Any Meg Ryan movie.

Back to Spider-Man.

Mary Jane was traumatized from what Venom did to her in Spider-Man 300, I mean it was please burn all your black suits Peter... And I must not be remembering correctly but all he did was have a conversation with her which technically counted as kidnapping be it ever so brief?

8. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lex Luthor boffing proto-plasmic Supergirl under the guise of being his hirsute, Aussie, good-guy son during the Death of Superman Era.

9. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

The Parasite tricked Superman into having sex with him for months. Nothing about rape was brought up then.

10. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

So Marvel's Christmas present to the world is
    Spider Man is dead?

:lol: Oh, I'm glad I don't read comics anymore.

11. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

He's been replaced by a supervillian who judging by the preview for the new series probably sucks at it.

12. Guy Gardener

One of my most favourite lines in comics ever...

"Do you know how much I hate the smell of burning hair every morning?"

(Superman shaves using a curved polished section of the space ship which brought him to earth as a mirror and his heat ray vision.)

I think Kal was sleeping on the couch a lot during that adventure.

Remember during Infinite Crisis or Final Crisis and we were supposed to figure out that we were watching the wrong mirror Universe Lex Luthor go to war against herodom because his eye colour was green instead of blue?

Blatant clue my ass.

The Doctor in Voyager inserted himself into Seven of Nines body and then tried to express his love to another girl, but Seven when she was back in control was only furious about all the ice cream sundaes he had had her eat.

13. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

He is also going to hell since he made a bargain with the devil.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

14. Guy Gardener

One More Day trumped that right?

Besides the deal said nothing about afterwards, M. was just after never ending pain on earth.

15. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Having since found articles online (plus reading above), all I can say is (as one writer put it) Marvel's great 50 year anniversary gift to the readers appears to be a giant, radioactive middle finger...

16. Allyn Gibson

Avenging #15.1 shows that clearly. SpiderOck has Peter's instincts and muscle memory, but Ock doesn't know how to use them, and he very nearly gets himself killed because he forgets that he's not physically Otto any more.

17. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

What the fuck? Between this and the Gwen Stacy shit from a few years ago (and One More Day), I'm so very glad I don't read Spider-Man anymore. What utter garbage. :(

That being said (and to get slightly back on topic), no matter how stupid the shit the writers come up with, they shouldn't get death threats because of it. Get over it, fans. If you don't like it, stop reading it. That's what I did over 15 years ago.

18. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It won't last. And fixing this would be a decent way to fix the marriage, too.

19. Allyn Gibson

No matter what Steve Wacker says, I don't think this will be a permanent status quo. Eighteen months to two years. Probably around the time ASM2 comes out, it will be reverted.

20. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow. Why does no one get that this is simply an ongoing story arc that has been seeded and built for the past two years since Slott's run began? This isn't like "One More Day" or "One Moment in Time" where those were one shot stories that had long lasting ramifications. "Dying Wish" is yet one aspect of this story arc, we're not even been close to the ultimate pay off of this arc. This is just one phase of a much larger story. Basically similar to when Hickman "killed" Johnny in his FF run, we learned roughly a year later that Johnny wasn't dead at all (as the media falsely reported) but instead only thought dead by Ben because naturally that was his reaction at the time given the information he had and he returned. He was actually just stuck in the Negative Zone all that time.

Peter will be back, and it will be part of the unfolding story line. Part of the fun will be HOW he will return. I don't rule out the
    Golden Octobot!
    just yet.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012