Farscape or Babylon 5?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by kirk55555, Jul 30, 2012.

1. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Mind the Baby (Farscape) - The first episode of season 2 is pretty good, but it was a bit weird. Does D'Argo look different? He looks a bit different to me, like they screwed with his look. It's not bad, but its not an improvement, either. Of course, I may just be insane :rommie: So, Scorpius has something that gets inserted in his head like he's a cyborg or robot. I'm kind of interested, although I'm still not sold on Scorpius being a recurring villain (although he has gotten more interesting than he was originally). I do want to know why he's obsessed with John. Maybe it was because John could resist the chair a bit, but that doesn't seem right. Talon is proving to be nothing but trouble. He attacks Moya, bonds with Crais, honestly I can only think of 2 reasons for trying to get talon back 1) Moya wants to, and 2) to keep him away from the Peacekeepers. If it wasn't for that, I'd say let him go. It may sound harsh, but he only brings trouble, usually in the form of life treatening situations. Also, Zhaan was going weird for awhile, but I'm glad she didn't stay that way too long. John was acting weird, too (I was not a fan of the weird voice he seemed to be doing at times, it reminded me of Christian bale's lame batman voice :rommie: ). Overall, a good episode, and an interesting start to the season.

2. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, I noticed the different look for D'Argo too. I think they adjusted his coloration somewhat.

To me, Scorpius is always an interesting villain. You never really know what he's up to, or where he gonna go. He has more facets than most villains.

The thing in his head is
    a cooling rod, necessary due to his dual heritage.
    It's explained a little later in season 2.

My favorite episode of season 2 (maybe of all time) is Out Of Their Minds. I won't spoil it for you, but it's a crazy one.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think most of the puppet and makeup based characters went through at least one or two revisions as the show went on.

4. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Even Worf's ridges changed early on in TNG.

5. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Leviathans are a very gentle, loving race, who get enslaved by the Peacekeepers. I can't imagine the Hell Moya must be going through, to find her new born has been genetically manipulated, and is now in the hands of someone like Crais. Of course she can't think of anything but protecting her baby boy, no matter how he may be acting, because it's not his fault, he's jsut a baby

You'll get more on Scorpius, Zhaan and Crichton as the episodes go by

6. kirk55555

A Voice in the Wilderness Part 1 and 2 (Babylon 5) - These were good episodes. I think at this point in the season I can say that Londo is my favorite character in the series. I always enjoy the scene's hes in. He had some good scenes in this two parter, like revealing that he was studying the hokey pokey for a week to discover its meaning :rommie: and helping the people get onto the planet. I had guessed Mars would revolt eventually, they've been hinting at it for awhile. Garibaldi's story in these episodes pretty much went as I expected. The woman turns out to be alright, but she's not avaliable anymore. Ivanova's constant comments about how russians deal with things isn't funny like Chekov claiming everything was invented in Russia), and got a bit repetitive recently. I get it, russians are stoic and handle hardship, you don't have to keep reminding everyone :klingon: Of course, this episode had to have another jerk military officer, just to show that Sinclair, Ivanova and garibaldi are the only three decent officers in the military. I wonder why they both had to go down to explore the planet, atleast when Kirk went into dangerous situations, he brought a science officer, a doctor, and usually security. Still, it was cool to see some off station action. I also guessed that the old friend of the ambassador would take over as guardian, but it didn;t ruin the moment. Overall, this was a good two parter.

7. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It is one of the better season 1 episodes. it is a early "Wham" episode where a lot of things happen. though it weak to what some of the future wham epsiodes are.

also, glad your keeping track of mars. Not going to spoil anything, but it important.

8. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

You should enjoy at least 2 of, if not all 3 of the remaining S1 episodes just as much

9. kirk55555

Vitas Mortis (Farscape) - This was a pretty mediocre episode. Some good moments (clothes washer is the only job Chiana is qualified for, it should be her fulltime job, so that she never appears on screen :rommie: ) but overall not very interesting. Not a bad episode really, but it wasn't very interesting.

This was the second episode, the next one I watch will be #4. I'm definately skipping Taking the Stone.

10. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would suggest after finishing the series, watch Taking the Stone just to be a completest. Now though, I agree, it's not really useful to the overall story, even though I hate Jeremiah Chrichton more than I hate TTS.

11. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Taking the Stone" is actually semi-important to Chiana as a character because of one plot element that comes up later in the show.

That her brother died.

It is otherwise however totally skippable. One of the reasons Farscape first turned me off when I watched it is I got a couple of episodes at random on Sci-Fi, and they included "Taking the Stone" and "Coup by Clam".

12. kirk55555

I looked at that spoiler. Now I know about that, and I didn't have to sit through a whole episode devoted to a character I dislike a lot :rommie:

13. kirk55555

Babylon Squared (B5) - This was a very good episode. Seeing Babylon 4 reappear was cool. I liked the look of the station, and the fact that its not just a copy of B5. Garibalid and Sinclair's conversation about pants on the way to B4 was pretty funny. D'Lenn's parts were interesting, although I was pretty sure she'd be staying on B5. I'm not sure why having a single space station is so important to the future, but it still made for a good story. The identity of The One was pretty obvious. I bet this will be brought up again.

14. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:guffaw:

15. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

[Kosh] Yes. [/Kosh]

16. tomalak301

It is very hard to offer a reply considering hindsight is 20/20, but I will say once you finish at least Season 3, your opinion might be worth looking at again.

God I hope that isn't a spoiler because that is not what I intend to do.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I think the only spoiler is that...

stuff happens in Season 3. :p

18. tomalak301

A lot of stuff happens in Season 3, as well as season 2. It's the ambiguousness that remains in tact. ;)

19. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

don'tclickonthespoilerdon'tslickonthespoiler.

;)

20. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

According to JMS, B4 is what the Babylon Station was supposed to look like, but what with the first four attempts collapsing, blowing up or disappearing into a wibbly light they basically ran out of money. So, even though the EA got the Centauri & Minbari to kick in, B5 is very much the budget model.

The station isn't important in and of itself so much as it's function. Nowhere else in the galaxy is there a place where so many races can meet on neutral ground. It's a crossroads. Most of the Minbari leadership certainly don't see it as vital to their continued existence, but that's because they're very much isolationists. Delenn isn't so close minded, but as you've seen, her influence isn't what it once was.