Game of Thrones 3.3 - "Walk of Punishment" - Rate and discuss

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Apr 14, 2013.

?

Grading

1. Excellent

34.4%
  2. Above average

59.4%
  3. Average

3.1%
  4. Below average

3.1%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

The Pod scene: the last hooker's entrance was hysterical. We see feet poke out from behind the curtain, and she opens the curtain by spreading her legs. :lol:

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

My favourite episode of the season so far and the first where I voted Excellent. I loved how this managed to fit nearly everyone in, even if Jon and some of the others got short scenes.

Robb managed to look more commanding and kingly without his bride and I thought that his uncle and great-uncle were well cast; Clive Russell (remember him romancing Gail Platt in Coronation Street?!) had all the Blackfish's gruff authority and Tobias Menzies was as well-intentioned and ineffective as Edmure should be.

I loved the bits with Tyrion, Bronn and Pod and the small council scenes. Did anyone else see Varys' tongue going into his cheek as Baelish boasted about Lysa's feelings for him? Had the look of a Conleth Hill ad-lib.

Still not sure about the actor playing Tormund - is he meant to be more of a mix between the book's Tormund and the Thenn? Speaking of beyond the wall, did I see Burn Gorman among the Nights' Watch men at Craster's house?

The Theon storyline is interesting because it's so different from the books. I thought I knew where it was going but now I'm not so sure; certainly, I'm less sure about the identity of his original captors than I had been. Mind you, two attempted rapes in the space of several minutes of tv?

As for the last scene; well, coming as it did after Jamie saved Brienne from a rape, I almost felt sorry for him. Then I remembered him pushing Bran from the tower and shoving a dagger in poor Jory's eye, as he commanded his men to kill Ned's men and I thought 'fuck him.' Still, no less an effective and traumatic scene for all that, brilliantly acted by both men.

Incidentally, was Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol among the northmen singing The Bear and the Maiden Fair earlier in the episode? I believe he's filmed a cameo for this season.

3. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, I'm sure I read somewhere that Lightbody was indeed in that scene.

4. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

That's what I thought. IMDb's credited him for that episode.

5. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I get the impression that what we're seeing there are the events leading up to what we know of in the books once he is in full-on "Reek" mode. His spirit hasn't been crushed yet. They've just started playing with him and Ramsay is setting himself up as Theon's physical and psychological master. It's entirely possible that some of these scenes may have come from GRRM's early transcripts but never made it into the final drafts in the books. I just wonder if they eventually establish that the Boltons were the true sackers of Winterfell.

6. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Yup, I noticed him, too. His name shows up in the credits at the end.

Lots of familiar faces are popping up this season (Hinds, Rigg, Sangster, Crook, Gorman) so hopefully there are more to come.

7. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

The series is past A Clash Of Kings now but there is a relevant line in it in which Daenerys tells Xaro Xhoan Daxos
    that the weakest of her dragons is worth a third of all the ships in the world. Trading the best of them for a small slave army is criminal overpayment.
    There's also something very striking about Dany's demeanor. I can't quite put my finger on it but I do know that I wouldn't ever want to be on the wrong side of her which I very much suspect the slavers are.

8. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Well, she does now know the command for "roast that fucker"...