Batman Grant Morrison Trades

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mr Light, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

So I'll be buying the BATMAN R.I.P. trade that comes out on Tuesday, and I wanted to know every trade in this Morrison run there is, and which ones directly tie into R.I.P.

As far I know it goes "Batman and Son" (which I've already read), "Resurrection Ra'sh Al Ghul", "The Black Glove", and "R.I.P.". Is that all of them? And in order?

Obviously Black Glove is necessary for RIP, but what about the Ra'sh one?

Also, what did you all think of this run? I understand RIP was not very popular. I enjoyed the Batman and Son story, it wasn't too drugged out or weird, and it had good Andy Kubert art.

2. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Resurrection is not essential to understanding RIP. If you've read Batman and Son, you already know about Damian and his relationship to Bruce. Talia and Damian play limited roles in RIP.

For the most part, I liked Batman and Son and the Resurrection of Ras Al Ghul. I liked the early parts of RIP but then it went off the rails for me. It left me confused and disappointed. I thought it was b.s.

Morrison's run was a mixed bag for me. But I did enjoy the artwork and I liked some of his additions, the Black Glove, Damian, but I ultimately didn't like his execution.

3. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

I would say that only Black Glove is absolutely needed for R.I.P
    I was never a big fan of his run.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ressurection is really good, had a chance to read it from the library this past week and it was surprisingly better than I thought. It isn't neccessary to R.I.P. Batman and Son is the kick off arc to Morrison's run but really you will need The Black Glove and R.I.P.

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I liked Batman and Son, though when I started it I was pissed off that the trade was showing the ending of another storyline (a fight with the Joker as I recall). Little did I know that's just Morrison's penchant for only showing the middle of a story with no explanation of how it happened! ;)