How I Met Your Mother: The Final Season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by ryan123450, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Or, it's just the story the writers came up with ;)

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Once they decided to set the entire season during one weekend, I'm sure they realized pretty quickly that Marshall would end up spending a good portion of it on his own. Even if he'd just flown back to New York he probably would have been away from everyone else for a couple episodes.

3. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Marshall may not make it any time soon, but we know he will be there at least just before the wedding begins.

4. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Given the timeframe of the season and the distance he needs to cover (over 2000 km by car) i guess they're going to fudge it a little.. realistically such a distance could be covered by 2 drivers in about 24 hours give or take but with only a few breaks and no motel sleeping (i did about 1000 km with my dad in about 12 hours a year ago like that).

So realistically speaking Marshall should arrive mid season but be tired as hell.

5. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Not to mention they probably won't go all the way to the wedding, since they probably don't have the car rental in that town. Marshall would have to take the train. Maybe meeting Louis on the train, with Louis whining about the break up. Marshall tries to give him advice how to win his ex back...

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Who's Louis?

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Louis is The Mother's boyfriend. He is a finance guy The Mother was dating 45
    days before she met Ted. Ted confronted him in a dream last year.

8. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did everyone notice the Slutty Pumpkin? Was that really Katie Holmes in a half second guest appearance?

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I saw the Slutty Pumpkin and freeze-framed the image and I didn't recognize the actress. I was hoping it would be Mother.

Another good episode, but this is THREE episodes without Mother now! I'm getting impatient!

10. Guy Gardener

You sound like Norman Bates.

11. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

It looked like her, but it also looked a little comped in to me.

12. Guy Gardener

You know what it's like, you wait 5 years for a slutty pumpkin and nothing, then suddenly, 12 of them come at once.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

^^

I don't think Ted is that good.

14. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I know she'll show up once the Wedding starts and will be a big player. But I gotta tell you, when all those rumors of the Mother being added to the cast list from last Spring, I sure thought she'd be a bigger presence in the show then she has been so far. I even thought we'd be following her for much of the season and seeing things from her perspective.

I realize it's still early in the season and perhaps this will actually happen. I guess all I can do is wait and see.

15. Finn

It really makes sense, since chances are the mother isn't staying at the same hotel. She may be still in school (graduate school?) and she may not make that much playing in that band. Perhaps the Best Western down the road...

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

We saw the Mother riding the bus in with Lily. So she's there in the hotel.

17. Guy Gardener

We want her as full cast, not recurring guest cast.

Sherri is a minor character, but for the time being she is going to be in every episode that Marshall is.

That has to be eating into the budget?

Although, the Mclarrens barstaff has been let go.

Poor bastards.

18. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I thought the bartenders from McLaren's (at least, the recurring ones we see in the background) were all people who worked on the show as something other than an actor, so they're not really saving budget money. More like double-dipping.

19. Finn

I thought it was a train.

20. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I understand that, as Guy Gardner said below your post, we'd like to see her as a full cast member and not just recurring. Right now Marshall is nowhere near the hotel, but they're still working him into the show (granted he's always been a main character), I think they could do a similar thing with the Mother and give her subplots in episodes so we can see what she's up to in the lead up to the wedding. Sort of like how Star Trek did A and B plots that sometimes had nothing to do with each other.