Does It Get Better???

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by AdmiralScreed, Dec 4, 2011.

1. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes, they should have fired Ronald D Moore, that makes a ton of sense :rolleyes:

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought he ran.

Well crawled.

Scuttled?

I understand he used the same secret tunnel Genevieve used to get under the barded wire fences and past the attack dogs.

Beltran spent some time looking for it but got distracted by his own reflection.

3. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

It took a DS9 writer to write a great VOY episode. Haha, go figure. I'm curious to learn why he chose to leave the show. A google search should answer my question.

4. AdmiralScreed

While reading through some articles about Moore I ran into some interesting stuff about Beltran. I never knew he hated the show so much, although I can understand why. His character was so underutilized, which is a real shame because I think he had the potential to be one of the most interesting characters on the whole show.

5. You_Will_Fail

If I remember correctly, someone already gave you the link to the Moore interview after he left Voyager and you read a bit, I imagine not the whole thing since you didn't want spoilers.

Here it is again

http://www.lcarscom.net/rdm1000118.htm

And there aren't really any spoilers since it doesn't mention anything that happens in future episodes. Some people here disagree with Moore and hate when this interview is brought up...but I think its a fine interview and he raises tons of good points.

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Makes Archer's actions in "Damage" look like peanuts.

7. Guy Gardener

Archer was desperate when he stole that warp core.

What made him an asshole was that he never went back to see how those lllyrians were doing, floundering at impulse, or replace the stolen warp coils when in the many many subsequent episodes that occurred after damage when Captain Archer had made allies and suddenly had ample resources, if not still later when they were resting comfortably back at home.

Actually I'm surprised that the other Enterprise didn't leave the spare parts the Illyrians needed on a nearby moon, next to a time delayed transponder which Archer could have set up 50 years earlier.

Asshole.

Timelost Asshole.

Both of them.

Assholes.

Janeway clearly said to Tuvok who thought that he had a bright idea in The Void that the Starfleet Charter does not justify or tolerate piracy by officers sworn to uphold that charter.

(Ransom would disagree.)

8. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Another fan of Survival Instinct but generally like Moore's stuff anyway. Was thinking the other day re: the 'weakened Borg' debate that this episode and couple of others were so much better than TNG ones, though BoBW and I,Borg decent enough. Even quite like the one where Chuckles get borged up. But can't stand Unimatrix Zero. Like a bad holodeck episode.

9. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I love it when folks accuse Sisko of poisoning an entire planet and conveniently neglect to mention that as far as we know he only poisoned it to humans and perhaps other Maquis-aligned races, while leaving it perfectly safe for Cardassians.

10. Guy Gardener

Which is nice since those same humans poisoned those same Cardassians planet a few days earlier and they could both just swap worlds and be happy with their digs.

Very wife swap.

11. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Have we forgotten Timothy McVeigh already?

12. Guy Gardener

I did.

They kept going on and on about Timmy in that Holly Hunter vs an Angel TV show, Saving Grace, and I thought he was fictional, until half way into season season two some one said "Oklahoma" a little louder than regular, and I facepalmed to myself "OH! That Timothy McViegh!"

That show ended wierd. Holly's character took a truck full of fertilizer and blew up a building at the behest of god to kill satan, which put into question if Tomothy McViegh was an asshole terrorist or fighting demons too like the titular character of Saving Grace... Or if grace had never been seeing an angle as a therapist and was sloly growing crazier until she blew up a building.

13. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

The demon was to McVeigh what Earl was to Grace.
    While Earl whispers to Grace to try and do good, the demon was whispering to McVeigh to do evil.
    I'm still not sure what the point was behind Neely the crackhead.
    I just finished the series the other night thanks too Netflix. :lol::lol:

14. Guy Gardener

So there are good bombs that blow up buildings and bad bombs that blow up buildings?

(It's been almost 3 years since I saw the conclusion.)

15. DonIago

Relevance Not Found.

16. Guy Gardener

There's no Heroism in terrorism.

Except maybe when Luke blew up the Death Star.

No.

Shut up.

I'm not racist.

Sorry.

Okay.

Lando is not a terrorist either.

17. You_Will_Fail

You know when you've been spending too much time on the forums when...........you dream about a particular thread. I dreamt AdmiralScreed had just seen "Fury" and was going on about how it was amazing and it made me really angry how he could love such a clearly awful episode. It was a kinda pathetic dream lol.

18. AdmiralScreed

You're having dreams about the Admiral? I guess I should feel honored. It's not too often that people I meet on the internet have dreams about me. Although in your case I suppose you wanted to kill me because of my dissenting opinion, so maybe I shouldn't feel honored? Sweet dreams. :)
    And this Fury episode must be one I haven't seen yet because I don't remember seeing an episode by that name. Something to look forward to I guess.

19. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last night I dreamed I was eating raw broccoli in coffee foam.

20. DonIago

I don't know whether that's better or worse than watching "Fury". :p