RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,106
Posts: 5,432,615
Members: 24,931
Currently online: 557
Newest member: emogs

TrekToday headlines

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 8 2013, 10:05 PM   #16
Middleman
Captain
 
Middleman's Avatar
 
Location: New York City ... Fuhgeddaboudit!
View Middleman's Twitter Profile
Re: Anyone else not hate "Bound"?

Loved it!
__________________
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.
Middleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 12:32 PM   #17
F. King Daniel
Admiral
 
F. King Daniel's Avatar
 
Location: King Daniel Into Darkness
Re: Anyone else not hate "Bound"?

It would have been nice if a couple of guys got the headache and a couple of girls fell under the Orion girls' spell. Or are we to believe there is not a single gay or bi crewperson on board the Enterprise?
__________________
Star Trek Imponderables, fun mashups of Trek's biggest continuity errors! Ep1, Ep2 and Ep3
F. King Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 04:00 PM   #18
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore
 
LOKAI of CHERON's Avatar
 
Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.
Re: Anyone else not hate "Bound"?

King Daniel wrote: View Post
It would have been nice if a couple of guys got the headache and a couple of girls fell under the Orion girls' spell. Or are we to believe there is not a single gay or bi crewperson on board the Enterprise?
Isn't there a line from Phlox in which he states the Orion pheromones work specifically on "rival" females physiology causing them to feel off colour - thereby taking them "out of the game" as it were. I don't think it's got anything to do with sexual preference.
__________________
YOU MONOTONE HUMANS ARE ALL ALIKE... FIRST YOU CONDEMN, THEN ATTACK.
LOKAI of CHERON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 09:16 PM   #19
James T. Vader
Lieutenant
 
Re: Anyone else not hate "Bound"?

I personally think Bound was a typical UPN inspired T&A Episode But the worst part is not the slaves girls, its the shoddy camera work. DOnt spin the camera so far you can see the crews step ladders and equipment.



James T. Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 10:07 PM   #20
Vito Corleone
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Vito Corleone's Avatar
 
Location: Somewhere in Space and Time...
Re: Anyone else not hate "Bound"?

Even a generally good season of Trek like ENT Season4 will still have a few filler episodes. As filler goes though, this one was a good way to waste an hour of time. My libido approves.
Vito Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 01:38 AM   #21
teacock
Admiral
 
teacock's Avatar
 
Location: teacake
Re: Anyone else not hate "Bound"?

The greenness always put me off. Right from when I first watched Wolf in the Fold I thought the greenness really de-sexualized them. Now BLUE.. that's a lot sexier colour.
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 08:27 PM   #22
gblews
Rear Admiral
 
gblews's Avatar
 
Location: So. Cal.
View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: Anyone else not hate "Bound"?

LOKAI of CHERON wrote: View Post
King Daniel wrote: View Post
It would have been nice if a couple of guys got the headache and a couple of girls fell under the Orion girls' spell. Or are we to believe there is not a single gay or bi crewperson on board the Enterprise?
Isn't there a line from Phlox in which he states the Orion pheromones work specifically on "rival" females physiology causing them to feel off colour - thereby taking them "out of the game" as it were. I don't think it's got anything to do with sexual preference.
You're right about the Phlox line. But this does raise an interesting question about sexual preference. The Orions' pheremones were said to affect men "physiologically" by causing them to desire the girls so much that they all want to be the "alpha male" in hopes of attracting them.

So if there had been any gay men on board, isn't the aforementioned definition saying that the gay men's sexual preference would be altered so that they would, possibly for the first and only time, want these particular women?

The episode may actually be kind of unconsciously throwing "born this way", under the bus. Not trying to make any grand political statements here, just speculating on the events in "Bound".

BTW, King Daniel, you should get some sort of prize for bringing up an issue in an Ent episode that (I don't think) has ever been raised before in this forum.
__________________
Duckman: I'll never forget the last thing my father said to me...
Cornfed: "Careful son, I don't think the safety's on"?
Duckman: BEFORE THAT!!!
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 09:28 PM   #23
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore
 
LOKAI of CHERON's Avatar
 
Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.
Re: Anyone else not hate "Bound"?

gblews wrote: View Post
LOKAI of CHERON wrote: View Post
King Daniel wrote: View Post
It would have been nice if a couple of guys got the headache and a couple of girls fell under the Orion girls' spell. Or are we to believe there is not a single gay or bi crewperson on board the Enterprise?
Isn't there a line from Phlox in which he states the Orion pheromones work specifically on "rival" females physiology causing them to feel off colour - thereby taking them "out of the game" as it were. I don't think it's got anything to do with sexual preference.
You're right about the Phlox line. But this does raise an interesting question about sexual preference. The Orions' pheremones were said to affect men "physiologically" by causing them to desire the girls so much that they all want to be the "alpha male" in hopes of attracting them.

So if there had been any gay men on board, isn't the aforementioned definition saying that the gay men's sexual preference would be altered so that they would, possibly for the first and only time, want these particular women?

The episode may actually be kind of unconsciously throwing "born this way", under the bus. Not trying to make any grand political statements here, just speculating on the events in "Bound".

BTW, King Daniel, you should get some sort of prize for bringing up an issue in an Ent episode that (I don't think) has ever been raised before in this forum.
Yes, you're right - it's all a big undefined grey area to say the least. Although, having said that, I doubt it's anything Manny Cotto thought about in great detail while penning the episode - if at all.
__________________
YOU MONOTONE HUMANS ARE ALL ALIKE... FIRST YOU CONDEMN, THEN ATTACK.
LOKAI of CHERON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 09:45 PM   #24
RandyS
Vice Admiral
 
RandyS's Avatar
 
Location: Randyland
View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: Anyone else not hate "Bound"?

gblews wrote: View Post
I liked Bound.

Not the best but far from the worst.
This sums up my feelings of the episode also.

My only problem with it was the "twist" ending of having the men be the slaves. I thought that silly little cliche' was uneccesary, but it was such a minor part of the episode that I can ignore it.
RandyS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 02:41 AM   #25
bluedana
Moderator
 
bluedana's Avatar
 
Location: on the raggedy edge
Re: Anyone else not hate "Bound"?

I love the teaser -- the Vulcan version of Here Be Dragons. I don't mind the episode except that it should have featured a revolt by all the women plus Tucker. It felt lazy that every female got a headache.
__________________
Fall seven times. Stand up eight. -- Japanese proverb.
bluedana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 01:50 PM   #26
Patrick O'Brien
Captain
 
Patrick O'Brien's Avatar
 
Location: Brooklyn NY
Re: Anyone else not hate "Bound"?

LOKAI of CHERON wrote: View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode - tremendous fun.
Agreed. A good episode
__________________
The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
-Dr. McCoy, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

Last edited by Patrick O'Brien; March 19 2013 at 02:02 PM.
Patrick O'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.