‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

As I recall, it always had the subtitle in the US. You can see the title card on the wiki page sporting the subtitle, and there's discussion in the intro about how it was renamed for the UK broadcast.

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^I stand corrected then. I thought I remembered reading at the time about it being retitled for the UK market.

3. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Here's the season 1 intro...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ZVRm1KcZY[/yt]

4. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm wondering if one could recomposite the greenscreen Superman scenes of the Lois & Clark show to look more convincing. I think the biggest problem is that the motions of Superman and the background are not matching. That practical hero shot of him carrying Lois into the Daily Planet (at the end of the opening titles) has always been my favorite. It's a shame the greenscreen shots never lived up to that.

5. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

David may not have been the Hulk for much of the episode, but his appearances as the Hulk were reliable. Back during the original broadcasts, you could set your watch by his transformations, save for an odd episode or two that messed with the formula a bit.

6. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Lois & Clark had a great first year and then went downhill fast - a change in tone, the recasting, shuffling around of producers. Really was a disappointment.

7. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

The problem wasn't just with the greenscreen. It was the fact Cain always looked so damn awkward in the harness, and never really knew how to strike a good flying pose.

The flying in the earlier Superboy series was frankly much more convincing.

8. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

That is one thing I have to give credit to Smallville. They did an amazing job with Clark's flying scenes. The turbulence effect was fantastic.

9. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

He only flew in one scene and that in the finale and there was no turbulence.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure we saw him flying in at least one or two episodes before the finale. He just was being controled or possessed or something.
    I have a confession, I've seen anything of Lois & Clark. When it came out I was a kid and didn't care about superheroes yet.

11. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked some of the super jump scenes. He did try to fly with Kara's guidance and he flew with Lois in that Matrix thing.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yso57RGu2U[/yt]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yso57RGu2U

ETA: [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YBMEjxru5w[/yt]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YBMEjxru5w

This is interesting if you have time. :bolian:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  12. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

And you'd be painfully wrong by stating that. He's flown a few times for one reason or another.

For example, this time. Which really exemplifies the turbulence effect I was talking about.
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK2muWE-sk4[/yt]

13. davejames

I like the idea of that effect, but I think it was way overdone there, and almost makes it seem like there's some kind of mystical or magical energy making him fly.

I prefer the more subtle version of the effect we saw in MOS myself, where it looked much more like some kind of natural energy field that his body was emitting.

14. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

15. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

16. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

^ Right with you Sojourner

If the rumor turns out to be true. I'm gonna drown my sorrows with liquor.
    [​IMG]

17. davejames

Yeah if there's any Superman villain I find more boring than Darkseid, it's freakin Doomsday. Ugh.

18. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

What? You don't like a mindless creature who just stands there throwing punches? Whose sole creative purpose was to get into a slug fest and beat someone to death? It's riveting.

:guffaw:

19. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wait, how is Darkseid boring?

20. davejames

Well I admit my only real exposure came from STAS and JLU, but all the stuff with the anti-life equations and Granny Goodness and the trolls warring with each other for whatever reason just bored the crap out of me. I just never understood the appeal of that world or those characters.

I suppose Darkseid is a pretty worthy and intimidating foe for Superman in our world, but I have no interest whatsoever in his backstory or the world he comes from.