Jennifer Lien Was Arrested in July???

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Ro_Laren, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kind of dumb Europeans, given to crassness.

2. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

It's weird, until I came to these boards I always imagined Trek was broadcast constantly in the US. However, it does appear it's currently far easier to a catch an episode in Europe, which I do find quite surprising.

3. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't know if that really had an impact beyond perhaps the emotional impact. Everything had come quite easy to Lien early on in her career having landed two major gigs (in Phenom and then Voyager) so perhaps being dumped from Voyager left her suddenly disillusioned when she realized the harshness of the biz. But to be honest, had she really been interested in acting and kept going at it full force she could have been very successful.

4. Lord Manitou

Lord Manitou Commander Red Shirt

She was pursuing an extra marital affair and instead got knocked on the head- or knocked-up. Probably car problems. This is what happens when you tell the cop to go screw off.

5. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

One of my favorite episodes!!!

6. Gagh

Gagh Commodore Commodore

Being that I turn 36 in a few weeks, and looking at her mugshot, I suddenly feel a whole lot happier about the passage of time.

7. teacake

Me too!

I have no idea whether it is broadcast here because I haven't got television. My last memory of Trek on tv here was during ENT's run when they would play it between 10pm and 12am, often at a different time than listed with gazillions of phone sex ads. Any international sporting event would see it dropped for weeks at a time.

8. USS Kongo

USS Kongo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

All of the Star Treks are available on Netflix Instant, as well as Amazon Instant--which may explain why they're not ready to view on regular TV (at least here in the US).

Whenever I need a Trek fix lately, I hit Netflix.

Sean

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

What's going to die first, all the Star trek video tapes or all the video players?

It's amazing how much it costs to convert videotape into dvd/digital media.

Not the same thing, but my step father was told that for just 500 dollars that he could convert all his old cassette tapes into cds, and he thought it was a good deal because he had a "fantastic" music collection.

10. teacake

And did you explain to him that he could get his fantastic music collection for free?

My ancient VCR finally died last year but I found one on the hard rubbish that works perfectly. I've given away all my videos except for my TOS ones and my multiple box set versions of Star Wars in it's varying unremastered and semi remastered layers. Not that I've watched those videos in a long time, I just like knowing I could.

11. Gagh

Gagh Commodore Commodore

The only Trek video I now own is a Star Trek: Generations preview cassette given away in very limited numbers prior to cinematic release. It must be worth up to two whole English pounds by now.

12. Guy Gardener

There was a short ran sitcom last year "Man Up" where this was said...

"Let's watch Star Wars HOW GOD INTENDED IT! On an original 1982 theatrical cut betamax video cassette."

13. Gagh

Gagh Commodore Commodore

We had a Betamax first up. The first two movies we rented were American Werewolf in London and Condorman. I think it's obvious which is better, if you haven't heard of the latter.

14. Guy Gardener

Betamax was a superior machine with inferior marketing.

I spent years thinking that Gene Wilder was the star of Condorman, and then shit a brick when I figured out how in error I was.

15. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

According to Creation's web-site, Jennifer Lien is going to be at the Official Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas next year. I'm guessing that means she wouldn't be serving any long jail time after her arrest. That's a good thing!

16. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How does that work?

17. Guy Gardener

It's not free to me.

They are luddites.

One of the worst experiences of my life is when they asked me to sell a car for them on ebay.

18. teacake

Most music is free online somewhere.

I should have made a list of things people have asked me to sell them on ebay.

19. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I got a program from BESTBuy for $80.00 to convert my Cassettes to CDs, CDs you can buy a stack of 50 for about $10.

Got a VHS to DVD burner from Walmart for $150.00 to burn my VHS to DVDs (Though some store bought VHS, especially Disney fail the conversion process, so, I still have a boatload of classic movies on VHS)

20. Lord Manitou

Lord Manitou Commander Red Shirt

I converted my entire adult collection to DVD's. That is all I managed to do with my dvd recorder. I still have it too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.