Undercovers Cancelled

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Starbreaker, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Link

Oh well, I was enjoying it.

2. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

That sucks, but I'm not surprised considering how utterly bland the show was. I generally liked it but was waiting for something, anything to kick in and make the show more exciting as was hinted at in the first episode and a few times after that. Too bad we won't get to see it.

3. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Too bad. After a rather weak pilot it was getting better each week. Still it was nothing special...and the cancellation doesn't upset me too much.

They introduced a potential story arc in the pilot with there be an ulterior motive for reactivating the Blooms as agents but it was never mentioned again. I read that they were going to start doing more with that and they even cast Alan Dale as Shaw's boss. Part of the problem with the show was it was too light and fluffy. It needed more edge that's typical of an Abrams show but this lacked it.

4. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

The first two episodes bored me nearly to sleep. I stopped watching after that and forgotten all about the show until I saw this news in my Twitter feed.

5. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    Just read this too. I wish it had time to develop. I think there was potential there to make the show better. Ten years ago it may have been given a full season to pick up steam but today's TV reality simply wouldn't allow it. :(

6. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Ditto. Bored, bored, bored. The leads were just to pretty. The dialogue was just chock full of "banter."

I forgot it was still on.

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

not suprised, I quit after the first couple. Just bland and boring, kinda cutesy, didn't really offer anything...

8. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It's interesting they canceled it, it means NBC has standards.

They order 3 more scripts and probably didn't like them so bye bye show.

9. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed the show. I thought it was fine. The problem is I ended up having to make the decision to watch the show on DVD later because I just couldn't fit it into my schedule (but I like it enough to buy it later). I wonder how many prospective viewers made a similar decision (substitute "download" or "DVR" or "stream" for "buy" if desired). Networks still need to come up with a way of accurately rating viewership that truly reflects the reality of 2010. I don't have time to watch Hawaii 5-0 right now, either, so in many respects I'm trusting that there are enough people still watching in the traditional style to keep that show going (sound like the case). Ditto No Ordinary Family. The only show I'm watching at time-of-broadcast anymore is Nikita.

Anyway, Undercovers was a good show, and it's certainly in good company with the many other shows cut down before they had a chance to grow.

Alex

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

You might want to start watching it live again. It is not safe by CBS standards and starting losing to Castle in it's time slot.

11. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

The networks agree with you, but the ad buyers purchase based on the ratings collected by Nielsen Media Research. It's Nielsen that needs to change. The networks, however, are aware of the need, and have been pressuring Nielsen to adapt. See the article I posted here for a good discussion (and concrete numbers for a few shows) on that issue.

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I put on the first few episodes on Hulu but I just couldn't keep interested.

13. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Heh, the trailer for this show was so bland and awful on its own, I didnt even bother with it.

However, if someone tries to take my Hawaii 5.0 im gonna smack someone over the head with a surfboard loaded with C4.

It's what the show would have wanted.

14. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Too bad.

The show had its moments, but I couldn't imagine it surviving more than two seasons ,tops.

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I won't much miss the show; it was mediocre and not very engaging, and the characters of Hoyt and Leo were both intensely annoying. However, I am utterly enthralled by Gugu Mbatha-Raw, who's the most gorgeous woman in my TV viewing lineup this season -- and the show does an excellent job of showcasing her, visually and otherwise. So I'll miss seeing her (though hopefully she'll get a gig on a better show soon). And the actress playing her sister is pretty hot too.

Also I liked Gerald McRaney here. This show has convinced me that he should play J. Jonah Jameson in the new Spider-Man movies.

The main thing I'm afraid of is that networks will see this show's failure as "proof" that hourlong dramas with African-American (or Afro-British) leads can't succeed, and it'll be another decade or two before we see another.

16. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sorry for the fans that will miss this, but every open hour on NBC's schedule is better (hopefully) for Chuck.

17. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

This whole spies kick is meh. Who decided that spies should be the next big thing anyway? Regardless, I think CBS's Chaos might be worthwhile (debuting midseason). But it doesn't surprise me that the audience's appetite for the spy genre is very limited.

18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The viewers who made Chuck successful, I guess. Success breeds imitation.

19. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Chuck isn't successful though. Not sure how it's lasted :lol:

20. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Easy. It's on NBC. :lol: