My Gripes with STID!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by DeMilburn, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

The difference in those movies was that the nothingness of space was where all the drama was. It was a character as much as Hanks or Bullock. You were "in" space.

Not so much in Star Trek. You're in the Enterprise. We've conquered space.

2. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

I can live with that assessment. It's just a subjective thing at the end of the day, it's more just a design thing for me, I just thought it all looked a bit too colourful and comic book like for a live action film that's all, but I suppose that's just a by product of them going for a colourful TOS style look I guess.

3. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

The Enterprise is in the Qo'noS star system after her warp engines fail. She is 20 minutes away from Qo'noS at impulse speed. In Star Trek: The Motion Picture, it took the Enterprise at .5 of warp speed 1.8 hours to reach Jupiter from Earth. Which raises a question, why is there a Neutral Zone in the system?

4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Purple: because aliens don't wear hats.

5. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol:

6. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Indeed. So was the orbiting debris. They were the bad guys....the marauders, the murderers, the vandals...in Gravity, that is. :)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015