The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Where are you linking that from by the way DarthTom? IMDB says she only worked in the made for TV movie Invasion Roswell and 7 episodes of Ray Donovan between February 2013 and February 2014. Also her wikipedia page says nothing about her being the highest-paid actress in the world.

Edit: The only link I can find supporting your claim is labeled a false story.

Another Edit: When I quoted the opening sentence ("It's been a rough year for the actress, but at least she has her millions of dollars to ease the pain.") without Crosby's name, This Page came up. It look's like someone has been copying and pasting that page for different actresses.

Even Another Edit: Unless Denise Crosby, Mila Kunis, Cissa Guimaraes, Clementine Celarie, Veronique Jannot, and more are the same person, or they all tied for "the No. 1 spot" in People With Money’s top 10 highest-paid actresses for 2014, mediamass.net (where I assume you got that link from) is BS.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  2. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

3. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yea, it looks like I was duped by a joke website. I hate those fucking things because they make it look legit when it's not.

In any case, Crosby has a lot more screen credits than most of the other WD actors.

4. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, at what point does death become preferable? After all the shit they've gone through and then Terminus turns out to be run by wackos/cannibals/whatever...

5. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The painting is from 4X11

6. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

I would like to think so. With my luck, they'll not only kill Maggie, but also pull a lesbian-turns-straight angle with Tara, making her Glenn's new GF! :barf:

I didn't like it when "Lost" pulled that stunt, but perhaps that might work better here.

7. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

"We'll make you a plate." Heh. :evil:

If I can hark back to the Lizzie situation one more time — the way it played out was more or less what I expected, but I did wonder if Lizzie might simply run. Obviously there's no way she'd be a recurring villain, but the group might encounter her as a walker in the near future.

Then yesterday I had a new "road not taken" idea. something the show could have covered with relatively little screen time:

After most of the incidents of "The Grove", Lizzie is separated/banished/runs away from Carol's group. She gets bitten by a walker but manages to escape more or less whole, leaving her dealing with a spreading walker infection (like Jim). Eventually when she realizes what's happening, she settles down to wait for it. This is what she wants, right? (At least some of the time.)

When she's close to death, she's hearing their voices (she thinks) and is happy ... until she starts getting those "monster flashes" like we saw with Shane shortly before his death. Then she understands what it really means to be a walker. She's horrified and doesn't want any part of it. She's actually been shocked back to reality for the first time! But of course, it's too late. She dies and reanimates a little later.

How would that have played? Opinions?

8. DarthTom

I think it's fairly obvious that these are a group of cannibals. Question is - who lands on the barbi from our group first?

9. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

That's funny, when I was typing that I think the Sun and Jin ending was exactly what made me think that, but I didn't realize that's what I was thinking of until you pointed it out.

10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

11. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Your idea could have been dramatic...but in a way, Lizzie learning the truth in that way seems...exceptionally cruel. Yes, even compared to her official death. She was--after all--a child: in part disturbed, in part sad, as she could never make anyone understand her--the latter being the eternal agony of most children.

With Lizzie feeling no one would ever understand her, learning the truth in such a gruesome way would be too much, particularly if--as you say--she finally decides she wants no part of it.

Either way, it was a crushing situation whether by bullet or bite.

12. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

True! I suppose my scenario treats her too much like an out-and-out villain.

13. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I feel the same way. And the way this half of the season has played out he's barely been in it anyway. Even when the episodes focused on him he was mostly out of it. Speaking of that, I think the show has picked up with the last few episodes but they could have planned it out better. The bit with Rick, Carl and Michionne in this episode felt shoehorned into the episode because we hadn't seen them for a while.

I think the group that Daryl has found has some interesting dynamics. Have we heard the name of the leader yet?

I loved Maggie and Glenn getting reunited, and I liked the way Glenn covered for Tara. However, I almost screamed at Maggie when she burned the picture and told Glenn that he'd never need a picture of him again! Nooooo.

I thought Eugene was hilarious, although I hate how everyone just accepts that he has the cure. Even Glenn said, 'he knows'. Why are they all so on board with it with no evidence and why has nobody said that perhaps it's better that he shares the secret with someone in case he dies en route?

And Terminus...well. That seems a strange place. No lookouts? Anyone can just walk in? It's way too peaceful and calm there.

14. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yeah, it seems like people are taking it way to easily on face value that Eugene knows what happened and can stop the plague or whatever is happening.

15. Cmdr.Druss

Cmdr.Druss Lieutenant Red Shirt

Looking back at the episode with Rick stuck in the house with Daryls new group, was Rick in danger?

If you think about how the group appear to have accepted Daryl when they found him on the road. The person being totured by the group at the house must have been one of their own who broke the rules. If he was also a newcomeromer, why wasnt he given a second chance like Daryl - unless of course his crime was worse.

With that in mind, was Rick in any danger? What if they found him asleep on the bed or Michonne and Carl walked back into the house?

16. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Yes, he was very much in danger.

They were planning on killing Daryl when they met him. It was only because of his crossbow and demeanor that their leader pulled back the reins and invited him to join; he sensed a kindred spirit.

Nevermind how they were basically joking about how they were going to rape Michonne when she returned.

They're not nice people. I don't know how you could even come to that conclusion just because the leader fellow is trying to win Daryl over (who sees right past his bullshit, by the way).

17. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

It's kind of a weird situation right? We see that episode from Rick's perspective. He wakes up, injured and unarmed in a house full of guys with guns who seem like bad dudes. If they are as bad as they sound to him (and us) he's as good as dead if found. So he does what he needs to to get out and get him and his son and Michonne safe. Watching the episode, you never think twice about Rick's actions.

Yet, from the perspective of these guys, they show up at a house, there's a guy hiding in it, they do absolutely nothing to him at all, no threats, no physical violence, and he murders one of them.

So who's the bad guy here?

18. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

True--they should demand evidence, but better their minds are open to the idea that someone knows the solution than to take the opposite POV--which just drops them back in a world of no hope for resolution.

Now that is a good point...and i'm guessing it will become an issue in the near future--possibly the season finale. I post this because Abraham will do anything to protect the man he sees as the hope for humanity, so if Joe's gang or the Terminus people pose a threat (despite telling people Eugene's importance)...get ready.

That should be good.

19. DarthTom

That's a good point. You'd think that people would want some more specifics other than, "this guy has the cure." What evidence has he given that he even an inkling that he knows what the cure is other than talking in a bunch of scientific nonsense and able to do math in his head based how fast people are walking.

20. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

To be fair, when Glen and Tara first meet him, they did ask and he says he won't tell because it's classified. What else is there to do? They aren't going to beat it out of him obviously? If this were real life they would likely continue to bug him about it until they were satisfied that that approach wasn't going to get them anywhere. That being said, the group spent days together on the road that we weren't privy to, so likely that happened, they accepted he isn't going to tell, and that's that.