The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by backstept, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Newton

Newton Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

If anyone who is playing the PC version is suffering from lags, slowdowns, and/or mouse control issues, follow this link for a fix (if not quite a fix, it's a substantial improvement):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2AJDJ8sOfQ

It seems that Bethesda really screwed up the port to the PC, but these steps will improve things immensely.

If this helped you, spread the word!

2. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

Having more fun with the game now that I've given up on playing it normally and started using the developers console. But I was annoyed with how the useless the horse was so I increased my walking speed. I also became annoyed with dealing with encumbrance so I increased my carry capacity. All in all, more entertaining so far. But beyond that I switched to stealth and archery so change it up from the tedious hand to hand combat.

3. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Im enjoying it, but I get burnt out if I do more than two quests a day. So work, kill shitz, then code.

II must add I love the theme music much better than oblivion which I didn't think i would. The intro and ending are so much worse than oblivion though.

4. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Was loving this last night, then I encountered a giant spider down in some dark, dank tomb, and almost very nearly shit my pants.......! :lol:

Why did it have to be giant spiders?! Nooooooooooo!

5. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I love this game. I haven't been so strongly addicted to an RPG game since Fallout 3.

I love how much freedom there is in the game. I went to some place to do a quest, then wandered around to see what's else in the area, got into Whitehelm, went into a bar, got into drinking contest with some guy and woke up on the opposite side of the map. If this wasn't enough, there's a conspiracy in the city I woke up in, and solving it got me arrested and imprisoned with a life sentence (it was either that or fighting ~25 city guards).

And this game is also damn beautiful even when played not on the highest graphics level (I play on High, with most of the bells and whistles turned on).

6. Brandonv

Brandonv Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I discovered a reference to Star Trek TNG while playing yesterday - a character named Temba Wide-Arm. :lol:

7. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

I've played a few hours. Mostly a bit of wandering about, with the occasional change of getting owned by something or other. Playing pretty casually though - at most an hour or a single side quest/quest at a time.

8. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Today I fought some vampires, Killed a dragon, and started the "Hangover" quest...

And Markarth is gorgeous...

9. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Anyone remember this contest?

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/elder-scrolls-v/1212984p1.html

epic lolz lol:

10. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Ok, that's just brilliant. Such a subtle reference that only incredible nerds like us are going to get.:guffaw:

11. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There is a command and conquer easter egg as well.

There is barells of green liquid all over one dungeon that the inhabitants call ichor.

12. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

"Ichor" isn't necessarily a Command and Conquer reference.

"Ichor" was what the gods had instead of blood in the Greek mythology. In more modern times, plenty of works of fiction claim that various monsters, demons, and whatnot ooze ichor when stabbed.

13. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I would highly recommend playing through TSL with TSL Restored Content Mod installed, if you haven't used it already. Despite having played the hell out of KOTOR I when it was first released, I never got around to TSL until earlier this year and my only experience playing it has been with TSLRCM installed. From what I've read about the published version, the restoration project actually makes a lot of things that didn't make sense understandable.

14. What city is the Hangover quest in? Or at least where does it start?

15. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Whiterun, in the Bannered Mare. A man wearing black clothes offers to start a drinking game...

16. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually he can appear in any inn, you just need to be at least level 14 for him to appear. After several aborted starts I finally just ended up making my character level 81 with all skills/perks maxed via the console at the start (which I always break down and inevitably do in all the Elder Scrolls games), and decided to wander down to Falkreath after Riverwood instead of going to Whiterun, and the man in black was at the inn there.

17. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just spent a good half hour watching large scale AI combat videos on youtube . . . I have no life

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS9qOCbxOJs[/yt]

18. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

I've become somewhat addicted to this game. Well, a lot addicted actually. Having a blast just exploring, upping my alchemy, enchanting and smithing skills like a madman, making items, enchanting them, selling, rinse, repeat which level you up quicker than combat.

Really liking the size of the world and all the miscellaneous quests give plenty to do.

19. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah
    I worked a lot on my smithing, I've got a legendary ebony greatsword and I enchanted a ring and dragonscale gloves that add over 50% to my one and two handed skills :D
    I thought about making a soultrap hammer and naming it the banhammer

20. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I only just found out the other day that even with maxed out smithing, you can still improve weapons/armor beyond that. Enchant yourself 4 pieces of 25% fortify smithing gear, use alchemy to make fortify smithing potions, and you can make pretty much any armor set reach the 80% damage reduction cap, which is apparently 579 armor rating. So for instance the full thieves guild master set (with all light armor perks) now gives me 792(?) armor rating. Pretty handy since it allows you to wear whatever you think looks good rather than what keeps you alive. Much rather be wearing steel plate than something ugly like dragonbone or daedric.