‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Bah. Why would it be in space?

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Turkish Airlines reported the budget to be $350 million. That's insane

http://www.dailysabah.com/money/2016/01/25/turkish-airlines-to-take-off-with-batman-v-superman-deal

RUMOUR: The Production Budget Has Ballooned to $400 million

If that's true, the movie will NEED to make over $1 Billion to break even.

3. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I grew up with the invisible jet so I don't really care if she flies or not. I agree with JD on this--the film is going to open huge and then will live or die on its own merits.

4. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

They might have included the marketing budget, though. Wikipedia (giving the source of The Hollywood Reporter) lists the budget as $ 200 million. $150 million for marketing sounds about right, considering what they did, all the trailers, TV spots, the TV special on The CW, ads, two SDCC panels (remember, they had one in 2014, too), trailer premiere on Jimmy Kimmel, etc., it adds up. Shame that a lot of the marketing was shit, though.

The marketing is supposed to benefit the licensed products, too, though.

Oh, please. ComicBookMovie.com is one of the worst sources you could give. Don't believe anything they write on that site.

As for the computer algorithm thing, has that been tested, yet?! I suspect not, or we would have heard about it sooner. So, it's still up in the air whether it's at all accurate.

5. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The article doesn't actually say, but I assume this is referring only to the opening weekend. Even if this is a FF-like failure (extremely unlikely), it'll still make more than 7.3 overall.

Well, she didn't fly originally, did she?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  6. eyeresist

[​IMG]

TWO points of interest: 1) The joystick under the desk. Presumably Alfred flies the Batplane remotely when Bats is out of the cockpit. 2) Alfred seems to be wearing combat pants!

[​IMG]

TO THE BAT-POLE!!!

7. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Well, their source was Latino Review...

8. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

My only exposure to Wonder Woman was Lynda Carter and Superfriends.

I didn't even know she could fly until the Justice League cartoon show.

9. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

I see. Still, author Mario-Francisco Robles clearly states that promotion is included in the $ 400 million.

10. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Isn't that fairly obvious in the most recent trailer?

11. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Guessing that eyeresist has not yet seen the latest trailer.

12. Draculasaurus

Draculasaurus Commander Red Shirt

I would disagree about the Adam West Batman. He actually has the Buggs Bunny like power to produce whatever is needed.
    He would probably have some clearly labeled Anti-Karate spray, or something.

dahj and Ovation like this.
  13. eyeresist

Of course I've seen it. What do you mean?

14. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Wow, people really are cheering for BvS to fail , aren't they? Computers predict and process the data you put into them. BvS pre-ticket sales haven't started and already internet jurnalizts are predicting DOOM!

What a surprise.... Not.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  15. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope this movie FAILS! No more DC/Warner Bros movies EVER!!! Cancel all the DC/Warner Bros TV shows TOO!!!

16. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

That would be Bat-Anti-Karate spray.

Kai "the spy" and Grendelsbayne like this.
  17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It seriously baffles me how anybody could possibly think a movie with Batman and Superman together on screen could possibly fail, people have been wanting to see that for decades. Add on to that Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg, Flash, and the fact that it's a set up for the JL movie, and you've got even more stuff people want to see on the big screen for the first time.
    Hell, the Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool were both huge hits, and they don't have anywhere near the pop culture presence as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman or The Flash. Cyborg might be closer to the GotG and Deadpool's level, but I think the other characters can cancel out his lower pop culture presence several times over.

18. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

I suspect internet journalists who are:
    Partially looking for anything thing to justify their confirmation bias against BvS, as it's a sequel to MOS. A film which people were mixed on.

But Mostly Too impatient to wait the 35 days until the film comes out and actually render judgement. They want to be the first to break the story, any story they can on a movie nobody has seen yet.

19. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think it's going to fail, but I don't think it's going to be a huge success. If they're expecting fans of the Nolan films to go just because it's got Batman... well, I won't guarantee I'm representative of the broader audience, but I'm certainly not planning on seeing BvS. :p

Their trailers also looked like fun. BvS looks more like serious drama.

Magellan likes this.
  20. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

Neither did Superman...

Man of Steel was hated with a passion by a bunch of "critics" and a lot of loud people on the internet and it still did pretty well, so I don't think word of mouth will have much impact on this film either.

When it comes to general audiences I don't think they'll wait to see what the the consensus on it is, nor do I think it will have much of an impact on their decision to see it once, and after that they'll decide for themselves if the movie bears a repeat viewing, not by how much someone's angry about it on the interwebs.