Iron Man anime being planned for 2010

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...head-to-offer-1st-look-at-marvel-anime-at-cci

Sounds cool. Hopefully Stark isn't a teen in this.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

He'll look like a teenage androgynous girlie-man, no question ;)

3. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

I'd rather have an androgynous girlie man than a child.:lol:

4. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Sounds pretty cool. The Batman anime was fairly decent and Madhouse is one of the better production studios so it should be good

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Pepper Potts and Black Widow should look really hot as anime babes. Hopefully we get plenty of mecha suits for Tony in this and lots of battles. The only thing I thought was lacking about the movie was that the ending fight.

6. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

Hate to say it, but ya me too.:lol:

7. Barbados Slim

Barbados Slim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah I am out of the demographic for the Young Tony Stark Adventures. I hope the anime incorporates War Machine because the only thing cooler than one power suited superhero fighting crime is TWO power suited superheroes fighting crime.

8. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did you EVER see the live action Spider-Man series the Japanese did in the 1970ies?:eek::wtf::eek:

1) Expect the Japanese Iron Man armor to have a Samurai influence; and one of the main weapons WILL BE a sword.

2) Expect him (in his armor) to also be able to interface with a Giant Robot (tm).
    :lol::lol:;)

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

10. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like the fact that they kept the movie styled armor - the bad guy he faced off with is kinda... weird. What the fuck is it with Anime and having some quasi military looking douche bag? I mean what frackin' military is that poofta with? And then he armors up? WHAT?!

Or was it just "this what we can do with armor and animation - pay no mind to the foofy lookin' armored pirate captain"

11. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I'll be interesting to see who that guy is. I'm actually more curious at who the girl is in the car. Tony Stark's girlfriend? So they aren't going to be using Pepper Potts or Black Widow in the show? :(

12. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's a trailer for the Wolverine anime, which makes substantial changes to Wolverine's look.

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I saw that trailer too. I'm guessing it will take place in the past. I'm not as interested since Logan has been in a dozen cartoons already! Give the other marvel characters time to shine dammit! :rommie:

14. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

Well personally I thought the girl in the car was the Japanese animation version of Pepper Potts.

15. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

I wouldn't mind checking it out, but I wouldn't say I'm jumping up and down for fear of standing still and dying of a glee-based heart attack either.

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is there a double standard here? It's OK to develop western properties for eastern sensibilities such as these or Stitch! but the reverse seems to be considered intolerant or insulting.

17. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I don't think there is a double standard. You will find people complaining about both, but that doesn't mean the majority of people will care.

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

That's probably it. I guess it's not really anime unless there is a female character with a weird hair color. In this case green.

19. zakkrusz

zakkrusz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm definitely going to check it out since it's a Madhouse work and I'm a fan of theirs for producing so much awesome stuff like Beck, Black Lagoon, Claymore, Death Note, Gungrave, Gunslinger Girl, Monster, Rideback, Tenjho Tenge, and Trigun to name a few. Not to mention Iron Man is pretty cool and the trailer looks interesting, so it should be decent.