Brannon Braga on the Borg in Voyager + his thoughts on the show

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by FrontierTrek, Mar 24, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or the pip fiddleing.. you can get a lot of sex thread out of the pip fiddleing.

2. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

See it's not to hard to get a thread going right LOL. I'll have to be careful though because my mind lives in the gutter a lot.

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I'd like to fiddle with Janeway's pips myself, but that's another story.

4. teacake

Wouldn't we all, *sigh*

I bet Chak's hands were twitching for 7 full years.

(I put that in for you Brit, knowing your shipper prefs :D )

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Fans were flummoxed when Seven wound up with Chakotay. What if she'd instead wound up with Harry?

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

They would have called Seven a moron for picking the loser.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jerry from Parks and Recreation's stacked blonde intelligent wife.

8. teacake

She would be bored to death with Harry but it's not like Chakotay is all that fascinating either. But Harry is like a school kid around her and I don't see that changing in a hurry.

If you can't hack 7 glaring at you and saying "you will adapt" every time you express some kind of discomfort it's doomed.

9. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

And I appreciate that very much. I've always got along with the J/7 shippers. One of the biggest problems with C/7 is that Janeway gets left out.

10. teacake

But do we really want to include her?

:ack:

11. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

Janeway? Well yes I do because she is the character I identify with (I wouldn't want to be left out either - or dead - lol). I think I want to be Janeway when I grow up.

12. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't blame you.

Even I want to be Janeway when I grow up. Though, I fully understand that might not be ... practical.

13. teacake

I meant in the C/7 scenario.

:lol:

14. Guy Gardener

My personal belief is that Janeway wants her freedom.

Jeri had a lot of Mark in her Mosaic/Pathway's, a childhood friend who upgraded into lover at the 11th hour before Caretaker... I say "11th Hour" but how long had Kathryn been actually engaged and was she really in any rush to set a date and would it have changed anything in how she lived her life if she had tied the knot?

It's possible hat he was just her beard. He was there a million light years away so that she wouldn't have to have all that sex with all those aliens like Kirk did. About as likely as that he wouldn't agree to look after her dogs until she took that ring...

Did she wear her engagement ring for the first few seasons and how soon after she found out that he had remarried did she space it?

Seriously.

If that was his Grandmothers ring it was inconceivable of Kathryn not to have given that to Telek R'Mor to forward on to the man she thought of as minutely more than a friend.

Teacake looks at her hands a lot.

Was it a uniform violation?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  15. teacake

Starship captains don't get married.

Yes there are some exceptions I'm sure, but how long it lasts is another matter.

16. Guy Gardener

If Picard and Bev hooked up...

Would they be forced to share one of the rooms they already had, or would they knock down some walls to make a living area which is equal to the Captain's + The CMO's accommodation stipend in square feet? Logically considering that the "same" ranked officers are most likely to hook up, meaning that there has to be at least one love connection between Captain, the CMO, The Chief Engineer, the XO and the Science Officer, that if it wasn't for the likelihood of a Romulan torpedo hitting them all with one lucky shot that the command staffs beds have to be as far away from one another as possible, otherwise it turns into lord of the flies with the Ensigns getting all tall and scary... The XO handles the crew, or at least hir staff does, which includes billet assignments, so it's the XO's job to play cupid and figure out who in the next year or two after being posted to their ship is going to be bumping fuzzies that any two or three people should have adjoining quarters that can be easily reformatted with a cutting torch into an Imperial Suite.

The First Officer is a Matchmaker.

If you find that there is an unbelievably attractive man moving in next door to you... That's not luck. That's Chakotay or Spock, Riker or T'Pol suggesting that you grab that piece of ass and hold on for the ride of your life. Ship board this has to change the very nature of wedding speeches... "I didn't want to be manipulated by Commander Riker, so I walked to the furtherest quarters away from my room, knocked on the door and instantly proposed out right to the person who answered. In all, things could have worked out worse."

Oh?

Which convenient neighbour was Seven supposed to fall in love with when Chakotay assigned her Quarters in season 6 or 7? ...Was that just the holodeck, but I can swear that she got a room assignment to compliment the cargo bay as her body was going through changes.

17. teacake

In an ideal world they both keep their own separate quarters and just use which ever one is preferred for hanging out drinking tea based on layout, or convenience to 10 fwd or whatever. Maybe if Beverly's quarters are closer to sickbay and she's really exhausted that week Picard stays there so she doesn't have to travel a few decks to his quarters. Or if one of them is on call because of a crisis they pick that way.

Everyone should do this. Marriages would last longer if people had their own living space and didn't have to bicker about who left too many lights on and whose turn it is to put out the rubbish. Unfortunately economics makes this a dumb choice for our century but since they did away with all that nonsense in the future there's absolutely no reason for people not to maintain their own living quarters.

18. Guy Gardener

Until they have children?

Or do the kids get their own house too?

;)

19. teacake

In teacake's ideal world once children arrive the houses can be next door to each other and dramatic tubing perfect for children to run careening through can connect them. Like those hamster and gerbil cages.

20. Guy Gardener

Woody and Mia had houses on either side of Central Park.

Didn't that relationship finish beautifully?