Fast & Furious 7 - Lucas Black returns to franchise

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dream, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/lucas-back-is-back-behind-the-wheel-for-fast-furious-7-and-beyond/

I guess the third movie really was important after all! It's very cool how they keep bringing back all their characters in the sequels.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
  2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Re: Fast & Furious 7 - Lucas Black retuns to franchise

Great news. I was hoping that they'd work him in.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

They gained the actor and lost the director.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I seriously hate that guy. I cannot STAND his thick Southern accent. Ugh. And I hated the third movie. I like the continuity, but... ugh.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the big news right now is the three more movies. I haven't seen any past the first or the second, but now we will have nine? Will they continue coming out every year until they milk the franchise dry?

Maybe we can get a cross over to Riddick. ;)

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't worry too much, Diesel and Walker should continue to be the leads. I see Lucas Black being more of a supporting character.

I thought Lucas Black was fine in TD, though he wasn't quite strong enough to carry that movie on his own.

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

We are getting the next Fast movie so quickly because Universal doesn't have a blockbuster next year, Jurassic Park 4 was scheduled for next year but was delayed. I think the producers have found a good rhythm with a new Fast movie every two years. As long as the movies are entertaining, why not do more?

8. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Two years is OK, perfect in fact, but they are doing them every year now, which if they keep it up I think will burn out the franchise quicker than they want.

9. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I'm not a massive fan of the series (though I've seen and enjoyed the first and fourth movies) but the way they've basically managed to reunite almost everyone who's ever appeared in a F&F movie over the last few years amazes and impresses me.

Haven't seen TD but I thought Black was excellent as a child in the under-rated and short-lived tv show American Gothic.

10. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Great news. If anything, it means they're finally moving forward in the universe. But TD is actually one of my favorites, and I liked Black. I also think it's great that Statham is going to be in it.

Form what I've seen so far, non of the ladies have signed-on yet. I hope Brewster at least makes an appearance.

11. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

This better mean Han isn't it - otherwise how could they have a recognisably older post-TD Black with Han still around?

12. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Never mind Lucas Black, what about bringing back:

[​IMG]

(... and not just for some thirty-second cameo, neither! :p)

13. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

It's hard to believe they've already released 6 of these things.

14. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Which is why Han was the actual breakout star.. i loved how they kept referencing Han wanting to go to Tokyo and him postponing it each time (and it always broke my heart a little because i really like the character and was shocked when he died in the movie).

I find Black's southern accent hilarious so news of him returning is good news to me. It's also very easy to include him given the after credits scene of FF6 and the way FF3 ended.

As has been said the even bigger news is that there are apparently 3 more movies locked in which can also be good news if they can keep to the formula and every once in a while rotate some out and some in to keep it fresh. My only wish is they'd tone down the ridiculous stunts a bit.. tanks and Matrix like action scenes is over the top even for Fast and Furious (and killed the Die Hard movies for me when McLane started to battle fighter jets).

Cool cars, awesome driving, even cooler music all mixed together with some cool one liners.. that's Fast and Furious.

15. Captaindemotion

I haven't seen TD. Is there any way Han's death there could turn out not to have been real - like Michelle Rodriguez' character?

16. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Very doubtful.. Han was in the car when it crashed, we see him still in the car when it comes to a stop and then it blows up. No realistic way of him slipping out to the side or such and any theory one might have had is gone after the post credit scene of FF6 with Statham being the one who killed Han.

I can't wait to see the gang going out for revenge.. Han was family and we all know how Dom treats family :devil:

17. Captaindemotion

^Shame that. Ah well.

18. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I'd avoided all of the films until this year as I'm not a petrol head. I've now seen them all and I'm amazed at how the standard 'hit, sequel without all of the cast, third film with none of the cast' progression was turned around and the third film retconned into later continuity.

It deserves to succeed just for that... :)

19. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Han's in 'Better Luck Tomorrow' as well if you want to see more of the character. Same actor, same director, same name - it's sort of unofficial though.

20. Captaindemotion

Yeah, even as at best a casual fan of the movies, I do find myself rooting for them, the way they've gone about it and gotten even more popular as the series has gone on.

I think it's also interesting that it features such a mixed race ensemble cast - Walker and now Black are the minority white guys. Quite unusual for a big blockbuster franchise.