What Did You Have For Dinner Last Night?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. :wtf:

(Me, I had pizza, from here. )

2. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

Lactose intolerant eh?

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

nah, more like 'pudding that is anything other than American pudding' intolerant. :p

4. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I intended to make a pear and watercress salad with almonds and a vinaigrette, and then some sort of couscous/chickpeas/other awesome things dish for dinner. Then something came up and my plans were all destroyed, as I should have come to expect. I ended up putting a spinach pizza out, along with goat cheese on crackers.

But I still ate the chocolate cake. I'm convinced that anything in the world can be dealt with if one has a good glass of wine and a piece of chocolate cake.

5. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pork burgers and potato salad, with sliced tomatoes and cucumbers on the side.

Yes, pork burgers. They're delicious, so long as you have really good ground pork.

What? Of course we have this here, only it's usually called simply "bread pudding." My husband loves it, and my brother is an absolute addict. Whenever he goes out for dinner, he checks the menu to see if it has bread pudding before he even checks out the entres.

I got together with him and his wife a couple months ago (we live several hundred miles apart, alas), and we went to one of his favorite restaurants, and he was crushed - crushed - that this restaurant no longer has a special "Bread Pudding of the Day."

I like it fine, so long as nobody pollutes it with raisins, sultanas or currants, bleah. I like anything better so long as it's not polluted with raisins, actually.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  6. TrekkieMonster

TrekkieMonster Commodore Commodore

I knew that. Really. I did. :shifty:

:p

We went to a local restaurant of a chef who is on the current edition of Hell's Kitchen. He has a special invitation only service on Tuesdays with a prix fixe menu where we all watch the show and get to ask questions about the "drama" at the commercial breaks. I honestly normally hate these shows -- and this one in particular -- but, because we know this chef and because it's become a group experience, it's sort of fun.

And the cocktails don't hurt. :p

Oh, and for dinner I had a wonderful tomato bisque, followed by lobster mac and cheese with bacon collard greens (not "colored greens") ;) and a little blueberry peach cobbler for dessert. Was yummy.

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

"polluted" :lol:

You need a bit of zing in there though. Not necessarily raisins or sultanas, but something. The one with dates was pretty lush. I reckon figs might also be awesome.

8. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ I don't know...I am not a big fan of figs, but maybe if there were just enough in there to give it some "zing"...

I did have some one time (I believe it was Easter Sunday brunch) with pineapple in it. Supposedly it was the chef's grandmother's recipe. It was DEEEEEElish.

9. Aurian

Aurian Vice Admiral Admiral

Spagetti and meatsauce.

10. Holdfast

Now that I can totally imagine on my tastebuds. Sounds lovely! :cool:

11. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I LOVE fresh figs. :)

Last night I had bread with goat cheese, spinach salad and an apple. I wanted to make asparagus soup but wasn't up to it.

12. Holdfast

I had the weirdest concoction over dinner tonight - a fig & vanilla daiquiri. Rather yummy, as it happens.

(dinner itself was equally yummy tapas)

13. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Had pizza for dinner last night. BBQ Chicken from the local pizza place.

14. LeahBoBo

LeahBoBo Commander

Chef Salad

15. ShimmeringFacet

ShimmeringFacet Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

macadamia encrusted mahi mahi with some mixed veggies sprinkled with lemon pepper and shoyu.

16. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had a single slice of left over pizza last night. Tonight I'm making the family spegehetti and meatballs for dinner! Should be a fun experience since I've never made it before. Spegehetti yes I've made but not homemade meatballs.

17. Mallory

I was lazy. I cooked a frozen chicken pot pie. But then I was the only one home.

18. TrekkieMonster

TrekkieMonster Commodore Commodore

:guffaw:

I was too embarrassed to say it, but I did the same thing (only it was turkey.)

I was home alone, as well, and didn't feel like going to all the trouble of actually "making" something for myself.

As I was putting it in the oven I was thinking about the thread a couple of weeks ago where we were all talking about foods we were ashamed we liked (or something to that effect.)

Great minds and all that.

19. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Let's just say that from now on, I'm cooking for one. :mad:

20. Mallory

Indeed. :D

My wife is gone for a month, so it's just me and my son. I have a feeling there will be a few more lazy nights over the next few weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.