Google adds Bacon numbers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by gturner, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I'd say no, late night talk shows would make it too easy, every celebrity would be removed by 1 since pretty much every celebrity has been on a late night talk show. The Mythbusters is a separate show that very rarely deals with celebrities. If you wanted to get strict about it you could try linking through the Mythbusters through the episode of CSI they were in in which they played nameless lab techs.

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Dude started out in The Ten Commandments, one of my all-time favorite movies. I've seen him in a ton of things. That's pretty groovy. :bolian:

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Based on the long list of things he's been in I've probably seen LoB's great uncle on the screen a thousand times. That's very cool...it must be something that gives your family quite a bit of happiness, pride and satisfaction.

The closest I can come to saying I have a relative who's well known for being on-screen is my cousin Ken Farmer, one of the most well known appraisers and personalities on PBS's Antiques Roadshow. My late maternal grandfather was a well known stage, radio and recording musician (country and bluegrass) in Southside and southwestern Virginia, but most people outside of those areas and perhaps adjoining parts of North Carolina and West Virginia likely never heard of him.

4. gturner

gturner Admiral

^ Southwest Virginia gets toward the Kentucky, Tennessee border, so my dad and uncles probably knew him, as their knowledge of regional country & bluegrass musicians goes back to the 30's. (They built a country music radio station in Tazewell, TN, not very far from Rose Hill Virginia.)

5. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I finally got it working, after manually changing .ca to .com in the search results url.

Christopher Lloyd has a bacon number of 1. They appeared together in Tremors V.

6. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I, Gaith, have a Bacon Number of 2.

I was an extra (clearly visible on the dvd) in Just like Heaven, sharing a few frames with Mark Ruffalo. Ruffalo and Bacon were in In the Cut.

Take that, Hitler! :rommie:

[​IMG]

Pictured: Hitler, Gaith

7. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Cool. My mom loved that show.

Google must have mixed something up there, since Tremors V never got made. Lloyd was in the short-lived Tremors TV show in 2003 with Michael Gross from the movies, so he would have a Bacon Number of Two unless there was something else he was in with Bacon that I'm not aware of.

8. gturner

gturner Admiral

^ I wonder if Google would use information on movies that were cast but not finished, since those might also create database records, and unless the programmer knew to check certain fields, a movie is a movie is a movie.

9. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Weird. Yeah, I'd say this thing definitely has bugs, enough that it can't really be relied on. I know Google doesn't use IMDB for its data, and uses its own system instead. But it sounds like it loosely correlates any data and matches by keyword. So, when it can't find any definite data, it matches with whatever closest it can find.

Ok, crosschecked with IMDB, Bill Murray is a 1. He appeared in Wild Things with him.

10. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I thought this was going to be about Google in some way making actual bacon...as in the food. Seeing that it's not, I'm now less interested in this thread.

11. gturner

gturner Admiral

^ Did you see Tremors with Kevin Bacon? Those Graboids can be cut up, honey cured, smoked, and fried! Space bacon is the best bacon.

12. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

GET OUT

Okay just kidding. Nice to see you here! :) As far as the topic goes, I tried putting in a few Indian actors/actresses and they were all 2's too!

13. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You're not the boss of me.:scream: :p And it's good to be seen.:)

I have. Graboid bacon...I'd try it.

14. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

So is Kevin... ;)

[​IMG]

15. cooleddie74

Denny's should just go ahead and name one of their breakfast platters for Kevin. He'd make more money. The restaurant would make more money. More bacon would be consumed. Everybody wins.

16. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Everyone except the pigs...

17. cooleddie74

Like Neil on The Young Ones once said: Stuff the pigs.

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Careful...I think the rebellion has started

19. cooleddie74

:lol:

I just had a flashback of Gary Oldman in a wheelchair...