Games you have, but not finished?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bob The Skutter, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Briquettes

Briquettes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's what I meant. In my naivete I didn't realize that the people who loved it did so because they were RTS fans.

And I just remembered that I never finished Fable. Normally I'm a total RPG junkie but I just couldn't get into that one.

2. Captain Pike

Captain Pike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The ending to Assassins Creed sucked. Great game though.

3. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I thought it got repetitive as hell, but overall a decent game. Hope they change it up a bit in AC2.

4. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Massive changes coming-see latest Xbox Magazine.

5. caisson2delta

caisson2delta Captain Captain

Most of my unfinished games are older PC titles. Stopped playing them when my PC died and switched to a Mac. Here's the ones I can remember off the top of my head:
    X wing
    X wing alliance
    Independence War
    Dominion Wars

On my Mac:
    Homeworld 2
    KOTOR

I have a 360 that I play pretty much exclusively now and beat KOTOR on that. Anyone that hasn't finished Mass Effect, do so, very cool ending. I had hoped to buy another PC someday, but I am uncertain if any of my older games will even work anymore. Many of them were Win 95 platform and don't know shit about how that stuff works anymore.

6. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The most current game that I own that I haven't even started yet is MGS4. I have been busy wrapping up my work on GTA4 and Watchmen.

7. NCC1701

NCC1701 Commodore Commodore

C&C3 - finished the Nod and GDI campaigns, haven't finished the Scrin capaign yet tho.

C&C3: Kane's Wrath - Bought it last year, and have only played up to the second mission so far, should really get back into it!

Red Alert 3: Uprising - Only finished the Yuriko mini-campaign so far, got to the second Soviet mission on 'easy' and got my ass handed to me by the AI, ditto with the Challenge mode, got my ass kicked by about the fourth mission so thought 'fuck it, this isn't fun at all'. Haven't attempted the Allied or Rising Sun campaigns, out of fear I'll get my shit ruined there, as well.

Final Fantasy IV - Hardly started it, even though I've owned the game for about four years now.

Final Fantasy VI - Ditto.

Final Fantasy VIII - Got to Disc 2 when my brother's friend took his PS1 memory card back, couldn't be bothered doing Disc 1 again after slogging through it once, it was beyond lame after playing Final Fantasy VII, and even lamer in retrospect having played IX and X as well.

Final Fantasy IX - Up to Disc 4, and have been for about three years now, should really finish it some time!

8. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I have made it a priority to play all the games i have at the moment and not buy any more until they are complete....i am on assassin creed at this time, and i must admit I'm enjoying it, yes its a little repetitive but i am enjoy all the creeping about and assassinations.

Just killed the 9th target and on my way to the 10th.

9. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

My favourite thing about Assassin's Creed was actually just climbing on top of buildings and taking in the scenery. And listening to Kristen Bell's voice of course. ;)

10. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I have a ton of unfinished games. It's not any kind of comment on the quality of them. It's what I like to call "new game syndrome." I get a new game and the one I was playing ends up sitting for a while. I do plan to go back to the ones I've not finished eventually. Summer is the perfect time for that as new game releases are sporadic.

11. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jeez, so many...

I'll either get stuck, or just get bored and never get back to finishing them.

KOTOR2

BioShock

Resident Evil 1 and 4

A whole bunch of DS games.

HL2 Pt 2 - Never managed to make it through that final epic battle with the Striders.

FF7 - I've started it three times now, and either never got a chance to get back to it, or had my savegames erased accidentally.

12. Haggis and tatties

Well i just finished assassin Creed....Well i think i finished it:confused:

13. Bob The Skutter

Think you finished it, then got dumped back in to the lab to continue playing the game?

14. Haggis and tatties

^^Yeap, spot on bud..........i am assuming that's it, and i can just go back and reply level and the likes, because i wandered about the lab for 45 Min's searching every corner looking for what to do next, and it seems all i can do is reply missions.

15. Bob The Skutter

Yeah, if you go back in to your room I think there's a message on your wall or something, but yeah, pretty much you can just go back and do the side quests and stuff you might not have completed.

16. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I think a better way for me to tackle this is to think of games I busted my ass to finish but could never make it.

The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for NES. I made it as far as level 4 (out of 5), and usually died before getting to the boss of that level. I tried for years to beat this fucking game without cheating.

The Adventures of Dino Riki, also NES. Got to the final boss and always lost. Ugh.

Those are probably the two that frustrated me the most.

17. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Beat TMNT. Amphetamines helped. :p Hated Dino Riki. First broken controller(sadly, not the last).

The one that got to me was Ultima IV-Quest for the Avatar (NES). 139 hours logged and I parked my balloon in the mountains to go into a dungeon. Then found out the only way to get back to that entrance was to use the balloon. (2cnd broken controller).:shifty:

18. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I remember getting on my mother's case because she kept throwing the controller at the TV. Usually over SMB2/3. I swear, she played the Nintendo almost as much as my sister and me. Only she was more violent...

I simply could not beat TMNT. All the games that followed it seemed remarkably easy by comparison...

19. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

God of War. Fun game. Loved the combat system, but goddammit the final boss is annoying as hell. Especially when you have to keep healing your wife and the multiple Kratoses keep taking your health. After about the twentieth attempt, I threw the controller in anger.

Needless to say, I've been hesitant to pick up God of War II just because I don't want to invest that amount of time in a game again only to be extremely pissed off at the final boss.

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I played Final Fantasy X for about a week when I first got my PS2 a couple years back, then switched to something else. I still intend to go back and play it one of these days!