Does It Get Better???

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by AdmiralScreed, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Lord Manitou

Lord Manitou Commander Red Shirt

Yes -it's all worth it. We even stopped doing that thing, you know. When he's gone.

2. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

Hate to say it, but I decided to watch some TOS instead. I've been going back and watching some of the TOS episodes that I skipped over originally. Sorry guys and gals. Maybe someday......

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Can we have the thread to do what we want with then?

4. AdmiralScreed

For now.........this isn't over yet. :klingon:

5. teacake

So you WILL be back..

Your thread will be waiting. And I'm looking fwd to seeing that sig line of yours reversing.

6. ImCaptKirk

ImCaptKirk Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm watching Season 2 right now, and though I like the cast, I'm getting tired of the power losses every episode. When do they ever not get damaged by enemy fire. It seems they're always hopelessly outgunned, but not enough to get completely destroyed because then the show would be over. I'd say the acting is reasonably good, but the power losses and engineering issues make me think Janeway got stuck with a lemon with no means of returning it to the dealership. A cruel turn of events puts her 75,000 light-years away from the dealership, ultimately being stuck with having to kluge the ship back together.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Kazon ships are 25 times the size of voyager, and theyonly attack in groups of 6 or more.

I think that kathy is bloody lucky all she gets is flickerings in with the over head lighting during cutthroat kill of be killed all out war with the aborigines.

8. ImCaptKirk

ImCaptKirk Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

It still is a lousy story that no matter who she meets, she's out gunned and always has dilithium cascade or some other major failure. Shields always offline, phasers never penetrate the enemy shields. Today they meet Ferengis on a planet of idiots.

9. Guy Gardener

Oh but that's the cool thing about Voyager and the kazon.

In a fight of 6 to One... Voyager still had superior firepower.

They were at least 200 years ahead of the kazon.

The show was advertised that they would be at least 200 years ahead of everyone they met which is why a federation rowboat could tread such dangerous waters.

10. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But Picard is better than Kirk. ;)

11. teacake

Pshaw!

Also..

[​IMG]

12. Guy Gardener

Mr Homn, Lwaxanna's manservant... He played lurch in the "newer" Addams family movies... Surely there's something comparable to above between Picard and modern Lurch?

Perhaps when Picard was struggling to lift Lwaxanna's suit cases?

Shit.

Carel was on an episode of Voyager?

The Thaw.

it could have been the most amusing crossover.

6 episodes of TNG should have made the lad a Star Trek celebrity.

And it would have been perfect.

Mr Homn wanders though a Voyager adventure and never the once mentions that he's from the Alpha Quadrant, becuase he never mentions anything.

Tight lipped SOB.

13. teacake

Picard just wasn't as touchy feely as Kirk so these pelvic thrust moments never came up.

14. AdmiralScreed

Rewatching TNG on blu ray is really eye opening. I can see exactly where Voyager went wrong. There's a natural sense of development in TNG. It's subtle and very gradual, but it's there. By the end of the second season the cast has developed more than the cast of voyager developed over the course of the entire show. There are wonderful character moments in almost every episode. The characters learn things and then grow.

Granted I've only watched 5.5 seasons of Voyager, but I can surmise that very little changed in the last 1.5 seasons. What a disappointment this show was!!! I don't think I will ever return to it, sorry to say.

15. teacake

Can we have your thread then if you don't want it?

16. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

You still never got to my favorite episode of Voyager...

And trust me, there is plenty of character development in it. A whole civilization of character development!

17. teacake

What's your favorite episode?

18. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think it depends on what you look to each show for.
    I found Voy. had better humor and far more action than TNG.
    I found with the Doc. B'Elanna & Seven, Voy. dealt with issue of civil rights and prejudice better than TNG did.
    I felt TNG did better political stories, while Voy's were more interpersonal.
    I think I related more with the character on DS9 & Voy better too. I think Tom & B'Elanna are the most realistic characters in any Trek series.
    I've always thought in the back of my mind If the characters in TNG were real, they probably wouldn't be interested in talking to any of us but the ones from Voyager would.:lol:

19. teacake

Yeah, this. TNG characters never engaged me. Picard is a fine captain but I don't actually give a fig about him. And the rest of them vary from seemingly no personality (Geordi, Crusher) to annoying or vile (Troi, Riker).

They're just not my people.

20. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes.
    While TNG had good stories, I still don't feel like I know who Geordi, Troi or Crusher were as people outside their jobs. They didn't seemed like they lived for anything but work.