Star Trek Fanatics Thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Pahwraith, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Pahwraith

Pahwraith Ensign Red Shirt

How much of a fanatic are you? Do you watch Star Trek everyday? Do you have every episode of every series on DVD? Do you read the books? Write fanfiction? I'm curious to know how much further people take it than even I do.

Personally, I have every episode on DVD, watch it everyday, have all but 53 of the Star Trek comics in existance, and have read them all. I'm even to a point where I'm beginning to get tired of listening to music, so I craft my own audio novels by converting the audio from episodes to .mp3 format and listen to them in my car. That's right. Just the audio. Friends ask me, "But how can you watch it without looking at it?" Well hell, I've already seen every episode 10+ times or more, I know what it looks like. I just want to hear it. I also have purchased all but 13 of the real audio novels off of ebay, and have listened to them all. I've written my own fanfiction, created my own Star Trek quick dice games, and I routinely play trivia games with my friends...hard questions, of course.

I truely eat, sleep and breathe Star Trek. What kind of fanatacism do you have towards Star Trek?

2. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

i own a bunch of videos, but by no means all, i read a lot of the books and i write fan-fic. that's it

3. kissthestar

kissthestar Captain Captain

Sigh. Someday I will own every ep.

4. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I could not watch Trek every day very easily. I love all of the series, but there is so much more out there to experience. I enjoy watching Star Trek much more when I've had some time for the anticipation to build.

I do own all of it on DVD, and I have more books than I care to think about right now.

5. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I probably went too far when I created a series. TPTB killed it in favor of DS9.
    Otherwise, I collected many of the books as a kid. Blish's and even the photonovels (at least the ones I could find).
    I bought and built almost every model they made. A local hobby store in Charlotte (NC) used to display them. I was proud of that & they sold a lot more ST models. Once I did a workshop showing some people how to make them look more 'real'. I loved using black light paint to do the windows, engines, etc.
    When I was a teen I went through a couple sets of phaser/tricorder/communicator models because I actually played with mine outside, exploring our farm, creeks, woods & pastures. I delivered a lot of papers to pay for them. Gosh, I can't believe people buy toys & models and never take them out of the box! It's just.... wrong.

6. JNG

JNG Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command Rear Admiral

I would take a bullet for Star Trek.

7. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

I have VOY repeats playing in the background as I write this sentence!

It's the episode Favourite Son.

I used to be an absolute obsessive in my teens. I lived, ate, breathed, spent all my pocket money on Trek. I devoured all the books as soon as they hit shelves, watched the show every day...etc.

My obsession has levelled off as I've got older, as I discovered other shows which entertain me in the same way. But Trek always holds a special place for me. I know every episode of every series by name, and can probably tell you the guest stars for every ep.

My DVD collection isn't that great yet, but i'll probably end up buying more. I've got all the movies, Voyager series 3 and 4, and the Borg, Klingon, and Time Travel fan collectives. I have a stack of books, toys, action figures, and VHS cassettes of episodes.

8. TrekNut87

TrekNut87 Captain Captain

A few years back when I was maybe about 13 or 14, I was a crazed fanatic, and talked about Trek just about every chance I got. I watched the episodes religiously and would get mad if I missed even a second. I also used to collect the books as well, but I've lost interest in them over the last few years.

Now that I'm older, my obssesive fan days are long behind me. I still enjoy watching episodes when I can, but my life has gotten incredibly busy this year and I just don't have time to watch episodes like I used to.

I have a fairly large DVD collection of Star Trek stuff, though not even close to what some here have said they own. I've got nine of of ten movies, the first two seasons of TOS, the fourth season of TNG and five of the seven DS9 sets. I'm still hoping to one day complete my TOS and DS9 sets.

9. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I usually tune into TVLand while I'm getting ready for work... so yeah, I watch Trek everyday. Well, I watch part of an ep., anyway.

Also, I record and watch the TOSR eps. on the weekend.

10. Pahwraith

Pahwraith Ensign Red Shirt

YOU WIN. For real.

11. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

I try to watch Star Trek every day (I don't always have time to do so). I watch TNG and ENT on Sci-Fi, and I watch TOS-R every weekend. I own all the TOS box sets as well as one box set each of TNG and ENT, plus 3 of the Fan Collectives. I also own more books than I have time to read. :(

JL

12. Good Will Riker

Good Will Riker Admiral

I currently own the following:

ST I-X (DVD)
    TNG Season 1 (DVD)
    Star Trek Fan Collective - Q (DVD)
    Star Trek Fan Collective - Borg (DVD)
    8 Star Trek novels
    1 TNG comic book
    an old copy of the Star Trek Encyclopedia (circa TNG season 7 & DS9 season 2)
    a few magazines from the 90's

13. Krieg1981

Krieg1981 Commodore Commodore

I watch everyday. Every series. This is some of the stuff I own.....
    -All 10 movies
    -12 books
    -entire run of Star Trek, The Untold Voyages
    -entire run of Star Trek, Starfleet Academy
    -entire run of Star Trek, The Early Voyages
    -20 or so assorted Trek comics, Graphic novels and magazines
    -the first and second edition Star Trek Encyclopedia
    -7 models(Enterprise STIII TSFS edition, ST-TMP K'tinga class battlecruiser, Enterprise B, Excelsior, TOS Enterprise, Enterprise D and E.)
    -Art Asylum ST-Twok battle damaged Enterprise
    -Taco Bell ST-III TSFS cup
    -1989 transporting Data coffee cup
    I'm sure It's genetic. My son said "Captain Kirk" and "Spock" the other day! I wish I had enough money for all the DVD's.:(