Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Originally I assumed she was Wendy, but with how the Dragon knew that her grandmother meant that much to her, she might be Wendy's granddaughter instead. Though I suppose Alice's granddaughter works, too, and would explain why Neil didn't really mention any familiarity with her looks yet.

Of those two options, Alice's story is really the only one that would lead me to think of someone becoming obsessed and bitter about those experiences, and passing that on to their children.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^They're doing a spin off show with Alice, so unless it's going to cross over with 60's earth, I doubt she could be the granddaughter.

3. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Tamera is not a fairytale or storybook character.

This means that her motivations have to have been triggered by something that could plausibly have happened here, in the 'land without magic'.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was wondering if he was from the realm on the other side of the Chinese looking door that we saw in the hat. Or maybe from where ever Mulan came from originally.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

No they are not. The creators have said they have no plans for a spinoff right now.

The episode was horrible. I felt like I was watching LOST. The characters were stupid, and it jst didn't feel like the old fun show I loved.

6. sojourner

^When did that change? As of last week it was the big story that it would be a limited run series that would fit in between seasons of OUAT.

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Really? I have never heard that, and I follow the TV news.

It came out weeks ago that they were going to do a spinoff with The Mad Hatter, but the actor is busy so they would recast. Someone asked the creators of the show, weeks ago, about it and they said they have no plans for a spinoff at this time, that it is too soon.

Maybe they were lying, or changed their mind again.

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Any chance Tamara could be an existing non-fairy tale character completely messed up by having been sucked into a fairy tale world and now is out for blood? Like Alice or even Dorothy?

9. DigificWriter

Not according to Mitovich.

According to his spoiler information, Tamara's a completely original character.

10. sojourner

Yep, your data is old.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/20/once-upon-a-time-spinoff-will-focus-on-alice-in-wonderland

11. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Tamara is very interesting. Somebody from this dimension who is either a scientist or has access to cutting edge labs and techs who is obsessed with finding magic-- and has plans for it somehow. She's involved with Owen, but did his obsession trigger hers or do they just have a common interest?

The Dragon must be from Chinese folklore, but how did he end up on Earth like that?

I loved how Mary Margaret went out into the woods on a literal guilt trip and ended up giving August a pep talk. On the other hand, that smack she gave Gepetto seems to be foreshadowing....

12. DigificWriter

Given that Tamara was portrayed in a pretty sinister light, it wouldn't be out of the question for her to be using Greg/Owen just like she's using Neal.

I really like where the writers are going with Snow and this 'darkness on her heart' thing. It strikes me as being somewhat of a callback in some ways to the darker personality the writers briefly gave her after she drank Rumple's 'forgetfulness' potion.

13. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Or, again because of the connection to the photograph and how much it meant to her as determined by the Dragon, she's the granddaughter of such a character. Wendy is still the top candidate for me.

And yes, that would make her both a completely original and completely human character, too.

14. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Evidently, there is a Disney character called "Tamara." I didn't know of her because I haven't bothered too much with Pirates of the Caribbean.

She's a mermaid and according to the link, also called The Mermaid Queen. Ursula, anyone? Skin color and features aren't the same, but...

Disney wiki

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but none of the characters who have in our world for an extended period of time (other than Regina) haven't used their fairy tale name.

16. DigificWriter

Addressing the speculations about Tamara possibly being connected to an existing storybook or fairytale character, such as Wendy, the way Mitovich has commented on her character and dropped his spoiler hints about her suggests, at least to me, that speculation on that front might not have much, if any, validity to it.

I could be completely wrong, but I haven't gotten the vibe - based on the way he's commented on Tamara's character - that the writers are connecting her to an existing fairytale or storybook character.

Having said that, however, there is one existing character that she does kind of remind me of, at least in terms of what we've seen of her role thus far: Lord Ombra, the primary antagonist of the Peter Pan prequel/reimagining Starcatcher books.

Tamara is not a fairytale or storybook character, as I've already mentioned twice, but a completely human original character.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

She finds a creature that can "make" magic, which she sees as valuable and then kills it so that she can have sole control over a tiny vial of magic she doesn't know how to use completely or maybe at all?

She killed the Golden Goose.

What a maroon!

18. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Casting news for the Once Upon a Time spinoff called Once: Wonderland

Michael Socha Cast as the Knave of Hearts

Sophie Lowe cast as Alice , Peter Gadiot cast as Cyrus

19. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is really starting to sound good, especially after I just read an interview with one of the producers saying this isn't a 5 season/22 episode a year series, it's more in the vein of American Horror Story. One contained season that has a beginning, middle and end and will run in between the fall and spring sets of episodes.

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I spent 5 episodes thinking that "they" all look alike from inbreeding and whatnot, when I catch Michael's name in the credits to the Being Human final and... OH! Of course he looks almost exactly just like the girl from Misfits!

Frakking siblings.