‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

That trailer was actually pretty good, although Lex was pretty bad. It does make me hopeful that the entire movie won't just be Batman and Superman fighting, although I hope they make up and team up for more than just the last 20 minutes or something. I'm still cautiously optimistic for the movie, and the trailer was a good sign.

2. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

I uh well uh wow.

...still a terrible Batvoice. Where's Kevin Conroy when you need him?

Other than that, BRING IT. NEEDS. I HAS DEM

3. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Everybody keeps on referring to that creature as Doomsday, but it could very easily be Zod (resurrected and powered-up/mutated).

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I don't like the interpretation of Lex at all, but aside from that, looked awesome!

5. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

It is Zod. Michael Shannon confirmed that Zod will be "haunting" Superman, as a Kryptonian ghost. Also Shannon was brought back to film scenes in the movie, wearing a cgi suit with "flippers". The flippers presumably being Doomsday's claws.

[​IMG]

6. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

Previous teasers/trailers had piqued my curiosity. This, however... something felt off. Maybe the humor?

7. M.A.C.O.

Now I'm thinking that the desert scene isn't Bruce's nightmare, but perhaps a potential future of the coming of Apokolips.

These could be Parademons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  8. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i felt the opposite. the previous trailer didn't excite me much. this one...holy cow! :eek:

9. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

That trailer was goofy as fuck. And why is Batman holding a goddamn gun at the end?

As always, I'll wait till I see the picture before I condemn or praise it, but the trailer doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me.

10. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The trailer has some great "Hell yeah" moments. Just the Clark/Bruce interaction promises some great chemistry.

I am sure the fanboys will HATE this Lex Luthor, but I'm prepared to wait and see. It looks like his role might be a bit more complex than the standard baddy-pretends-to-be-goody, in terms of political shenanigans.

I am slightly disappointed that Bats still has to speak in a funny voice, but at least it's not as downright hilarious as Bale's.

The only thing I'm really down on is the big CG monster. Thanks to Marvel, these things now seem awfully samey and unreal. I am hoping there will be a Big Boss beyond this, one with a bit of personality.

EDIT: The classical music at the start is the adagio from Mozart's piano sonata 2, adapted for violin and piano.

ANOTHER EDIT: Commenters on youtube are complaining about spoilers. The only big reveal is that Zod has been monsterised by Lex. I'm still pretty sure Lex himself will be the big bad of the movie.
    There are also some idiots absolutely SHOCKED that the trailer hints at Bats and Supes eventually becoming friends. Is there anyone with an IQ over 90 who did not see that coming?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  11. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Well looks like most of the early rumors were true after all. Even if this isn't intended to be the Doomsday of the comics (or something that will ever be called Doomsday), it's still clearly inspired by him and has the same rocky protuberances all over.

As for Lex, I have to admit he does come across as pretty grating here. I have no problem with a slightly campy or wacky Lex like others here do, but Eisenberg seems to be taking it even further than Hackman in these scenes. I'm hoping this is more of just his public persona, and we'll see a more serious side in the movie as well.

12. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Looks pretty impressive, especially the three heroes in action. I'm not dying on the look of Doomsday but I can live with it. The humour between Clark and Bruce seemed nicely played by the leads.

13. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

Well I've watched the trailer a few times now and I want to like it, but Eisenberg's Luthor takes me out of it every time. I'm hoping that it's all a facade like Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne and that privately he's a little more subdued. However the previous clips in the first trailer don't inspire much confidence. Don't get me wrong I'm still excited to see this but maybe not on opening weekend.

14. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think the problem is there is something annoyingly piercing just in the sound of his voice. So yeah, hopefully he'll be quieter or mixed better in the actual movie.

15. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    As a JE (fan? admirer?), pretty much what I was expecting having cast him.

Karzak's 'goofy as fuck' pretty much said it for me. Not having any intense comic-tainted heritage love for DC characters, I'm open for anything.

16. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Did his pal Tony Stark build this for him? :lol:

I liked the trailer, but I'm having mixed feelings about WW being in the movie. I've no problem with Gal Gadot (IMO one of the most beautiful women alive right now), but I kinda feel like Bats and Supes should have their own thing first, before going JLA.

17. M.A.C.O.

All billionaires have power armors; Stark, Wayne, Luthor. Oliver Queen is the exception though. He's stupid rich, but low techs it with his Robin Hood get up.

Money is a super power!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How Tony recruits for his Avengers teams.

[​IMG]

:rommie:

According to Snyder, WW is the one who comes up with the idea for the Justice League. So she'll probably be the one to pull Bats and Supes together.

18. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have no problem with WW being in the movie, but I do think this trailer makes her introduction seem far more random and weird than it should be. Apparently she just appears in the middle of the climactic battle and all of a sudden batman and superman stop fighting each other and start helping her fight the monster? Hopefully that's just very poor editing for the trailer and not a reflection of the actual movie. (Presumably she will at least be introduced to the audience before that scene, if not to the other characters...)

19. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I could barely understand any of the Clark/Bruce exchange at the beginning because the music was overpowering it.

So is the photographer at the beginning the new Jimmy?

Yeah, that's Doomsday. Movies take liberties adapting the source material. Welcome to 1940-something.

Affleck's Bat-Voice doesn't bother me at all. Definitely dialing it back from Bale's.

20. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Decent trailer. But Lex Luther is really out of left field.