The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The very first factory sample of the new 6" Stormtrooper figure from The Force Awakens appeared on eBay earlier today. Quite a few have already sold at the usual inflated prices for early samples of future toys that won't hit stores for at least a few more months.

I have to say, he looks pretty cool for what might possibly be a factory reject that leaked out of the company.

[​IMG]

2. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Pretty cool.

At the local Wal-Mart this afternoon, saw all six figures in the new Hobgoblin Build-a-Figure line from Marvel. I may have to get 'em later...

3. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Picked up 2 gray Beast and a Daredevil yesterday. The more I look at this Beast, the more I like him. Only real difference is the Head. I got the extra for a custom.
    [​IMG]

CCC.

4. cooleddie74

I finally found and scored a 6" Black Series Anakin Skywalker, and at a GameStop of all places.

$22.99 isn't bad at all for a $20 figure that most big box stores either ignored or forgot about stocking. He's a pretty great figure and one of the best and most screen-accurate Hayden Christensen toys ever released.

[​IMG]

5. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

He seems to have a touch of lens flare though. ;)

6. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Clearly, J.J.'s influence.

7. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Shelf Avengers go on a strawberry hunt! Hawkeye, Black Widow, Black Knight, Wasp, Captain America, and Scarlet Witch take a ride in Clint's old truck. Then they picked huge (well, to them!) strawberries and miniature roses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. cooleddie74

Bad Robot manufactured my Android phone. :)

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Picked up the DC Collectibles Arkham Knight Batman along with the Marvel Infinite Series Spider-Man 2099 yesterday, both awesome!

10. cooleddie74

I've seen that Spider-Man more than a few times at my local Target store. He's a pretty interesting figure.

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

They gave him a metallic shine that really pops and IMO makes the figure what he is. Best Miguel we've gotten in a long time.

12. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ness and his new friends hangout at the Onett arcade.
    [​IMG]

13. cooleddie74

I picked up a plain white Clone Trooper (The Black Series 6" line) today at one of my local GameStop stores for $22.99, completing my collection of the first four waves of the line. Now the only ones I'm missing are random figures scattered across the next four assortments.

I'm hoping to find the new 6" Emperor Palpatine and the Stormtrooper Luke from the same wave.

14. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

treated myself today
    [​IMG]

15. cooleddie74

^
    The new Hot Wheels line of Star Wars ships and vehicles?

16. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes. I really like the diecast metal. They are only $5 each.

They also had the Y Wing, Snowspeeder, and the Ghost (from the Rebels) show. I cried because there are no TIEs

17. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I went to my Forbidden Planet on Thursday and they had all these in by the way. As I said I was gonna get Mal & Kaylee, but because they're all in scale to each other, the Kaylee is really tiny compared to the rest, and as such the detailing is pretty poor. So I didn't bother with her, obviously Mal was a must, so I got Zoe to go with him.

I kinda just picked them up and bought them without really thinking, esp as I was in a hurry anyway. But on getting home and having a close look... they actually pretty suck. The likeness on Mal especially; if it weren't for his outfit and based solely on the face sculpt I don't think you ever know it was Nathan Fillion.

Then when I opened him he really wasn't in the best condition- right leg totally wonky and pointing out to the right way too much, and left foot won't move/swivel at all, so there's literally no way he can stand up. It's also just too small & thin of a toy for much detail... it just looks rushed and cheap to me.

I didn't even bother opening Zoe. I'll be taking them back when I'm next in town, obviously first off because Mal is faulty, but tbh I don't even want a replacement, I'll just be asking for a credit note and buy something else instead. They're really not the best IMO. Shame.

18. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

received my first Myth Cloth today. this is Sagittarius Seiya from Saint Seiya Omega. this is one of those toys that, when you put it together, you are very afraid of breaking something. thankfully, nothing broke. the figure is a combination of plastic and die cast metal. i love it. the somewhat high cost will keep me from getting more (though i have another on the way).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I buckled... Though to be fair I've not bought any trek stuff in a loooong time!

[​IMG]

20. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Nice disruptor. :klingon: