The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I want that S.H.I.E.L.D. three-pack. I wish it wasn't just Toys R Us. I have a Disney Store gift card just waiting to be spent! :p

2. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

You know the writers are always coming up with reasons for teams like the Avengers and Guardians to fight each other, and then there is always the Hulk going ballistic because Hawkeye ate the last of the Guacamole.:techman:

CCC.

3. Kira's Mom

Well, Toys R Us had a sale on all Marvel figures, so I went ahead and ordered the S.H.I.E.L.D. set. :) Also, I won a mini Funko Hawkeye on ebay. Happy Easter to me! :p

4. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Following Kira's Mom, I decided to do an outside set picture as well. Super Mario 3D World looks so real!
    [​IMG]

And here's a followup to Star Trek Off Duty. ;)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  5. Kira's Mom

^LOL. :lol:

My Hawkeye display is going to get very crowded. Hawkguy and Pizza Dog arrived today!

[​IMG]

Hope I can find room for Coulson, Hill, and Fury when they get here next week. :p

Also- got some Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper, just so I could get the Hawkeye can:

[​IMG]

Good thing I like the stuff. :p

6. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    That was so very epic, Murdock. :lol:

In other toy news, Toys 'R' Us is having a 2-for-$15 sale this week (at least at my local store) on 3.75" Mission Series 2-packs and I found the entire Wave 3 assortment. I got four of the six sets in the wave:

1 x Hoth Luke/Hoth Han
    1 x R2-D2/Yoda
    1 x Stormtrooper Commander/Hera Syndulla (Rebels)
    1 x Princess Leia/Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise

7. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I lived a moment today that many collectors only dream about: Walking into a store right as they are opening the box and stocking the pegs full of the new figures you've been looking for. I managed to grab a full set of the new Marvel Legends Spider-Man wave. Here they are:

[​IMG]
    First is the man himself. Frankly, last year's figure from the Amazing Spider-Man 2 wave was practically a definitive "we never need another Spider-Man figure ever." I think they realized that, though, and give this year's model some cool accessories to take the sting off the purchase for the build-a-figure part. The slightly unmasked head and pizza are great.
    [​IMG]
    Spider-Girl. The alternate universe teenage daughter of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson. She follows in her father's footsteps. Fans have been wanting a figure of her for years. I'm glad it turned out well when we finally got it.
    [​IMG]
    Spider-Woman from the Ultimate universe. This one is a clone of Peter Parker. I'm not overly familiar with her beyond the broad strokes, but hey, it's nice to fill out the Spider-shelf some more.
    [​IMG]
    Anti-Venom. Eddie Brock's sort lived stint as a hero. This one is probably my least favorite in the wave. The face is less intimidating a more doofy.
    [​IMG]
    Spider-Man 2099. We got one of him way back in the Toybiz days, but the articulation was not up to par. He finally gets the treatment he deserves here.
    [​IMG]
    There's been several versions of Daredevil over the years, but I think we finally have the definitive one here. Perfect timing too, with the Netflix show just a couple weeks away.
    [​IMG]
    Finally, here's the build-a-figure: Hobgoblin. This thing is just badass, with the wings and the flaming sword. What's not to love? Totally worth collecting all of the figures for.

8. CaptainMurdock

My SH Figuarts Luigi figure came today so I thought it appropriate for the Mario Brothers to do some bonding. Mario's Kart was in need of a tune up.
    [​IMG]

9. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

10. cooleddie74

I really like your Mario Bros. toys, Murdock. You always come up with fun and funny ways to display them!

11. CaptainMurdock

Thanks CoolEddie. :) Mario was my biggest childhood hero back in the 90's. I always hoped one day that Nintendo would have some cool posable Mario toys. While I had to wait until my early 20's I get to have the fun I missed out on. One of my inspirations to make the little comics I made with him and my Star Trek action figures was Twisted Toy Fair Theater. Robot Chicken is another inspiration. I've collected all kinds of figures over the years. The best part is the accessories they come with. :techman:

12. cooleddie74

I went back to Toys 'R' Us and took further advantage of this week's 2-for-$15 sale on all Star Wars Mission Series two-packs. I picked up the two Rebels sets from Wave 3 that I didn't already have (Cadet Ezra/Kanan Jarrus, TIE Pilot/Stormtrooper).

13. Kira's Mom

Got some goodies today! Mini Funko Hawkeye:

[​IMG]

The SHIELD three pack:

[​IMG]

Hawkeye and Black Widow are so happy to see Phil!

[​IMG]

14. cooleddie74

^
    Congratulations on the cool new acquisitions! :)

15. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Kinda wish it were a black suit, like what's been shown in the Netflix series trailers. I already have the red suit Daredevil from the Ben Affleck movie.

16. CaptainMurdock

Looks like Link made a wrong turn. ;)
    [​IMG]

17. CaptainMurdock

Happy Easter everyone. ;)
    [​IMG]

18. cooleddie74

Thanks! Happy Easter to you, too! That's a cool and fun-looking display!

19. CaptainMurdock

Thanks. I had a lot of fun setting this one up. It's my biggest figure related image yet. :bolian:

20. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So to prepare for their Easter egg hunt, do they let Yoshi loose in the yard?