World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by FordSVT, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

I made one of each. I've played the Worgen up to level 8 or 9 so far. Haven't played the Gobbo yet. I've been spending my time leveling my Blood Elf Hunter.

I started playing WoW a couple years ago to please my wife who is a WoW fanatic. I have stopped and started so many times it's pathetic. My highest level char is a 45 Warrior. Can you believe that I have bought the Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, AND Cataclysm, but so far I haven't leveled up any characters far enough to actually enjoy the content from those expansions? Ha!

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I was on a free trial of BC and got my Blood Elf Hunter up to 23...of course 5 of that 10 day trial was spent downloading and updating the game on my pc. :sigh: I got another free trial...just regular WoW and I am trying to get my Night Elf Hunter as high as I can get em'...1 day in and a lvl 10. :lol: I only played 2 hours last night. I need to get BC, WotLK and CAT...someday. :(

3. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's my honest take, after having spent the money already.

Unless you really, really, really want to play as a Blood Elf, don't bother buying the Burning Crusade until you're getting close to level 60.

Unless you really, really, really want to play as a Death Knight, don't get Wrath of the Lich King until you are getting close to level 70.

Unless you really, really, really want to play as a Goblin or a Worgen, don't get Cataclysm until you are getting close to level 80.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I prefer the Blood Elf...but I am happy playing my Night Elf. :) It will be a long while before I upgrade.

5. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

You can buy all three pre-Cata disks right now for about $20 on Blizzard.com, so it's not much of a risk picking up the expansions.

And I hit 85 last night at about 430 am! Happy day.

6. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

I quite enjoyed the ride to 85 on my fury warrior. Right now I'm treadmilling normals to gear up for heroics and leveling Blacksmithing so I can make my PvP set.

7. darthraidr

darthraidr Commodore Commodore

/grats to the 85s

i am taking my time... i just hit 82 and went off to deepholm. it's been fun so far.

8. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

Ding 85!

And I'm only 9 item levels shy of heroics. :D

9. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

Almost ready to raid, I've got a 336 average iLevel. Mostly 333 and 346 pieces, one 359 epic. Still need to get a better weapon, wand and boots though. All of them are 318 quest greens. Might try to get my hands on the crafted sword if the price is reasonable, but I haven't seen one on the AH. Might look for one tonight in /trade.

All in all I'm loving the expansion. I've done all the quest in the each of the new zones aside from Deepholm, which I'm about half way through. Next order of business will be to level my goblin warrior tank. :)

10. LitmusDragon

335 ilevel here and still haven't tried a heroic. I'm waiting till more of my guildies are ready.

I hear the heroics are really difficult, like BC heroics! I remember what that was like. I'm not in too much of a hurry to enter them until I've exhausted all other avenues of advancement.

In about a week I should have my weapon from the Tol Barad faction and my epic neck and belt from Ramkahen and Hyjal factions respectively and then, I'll be ready to raid.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  11. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

Hit 85 yesterday after not really trying. I loved Uldim, and the quests in Twilight Highlands were quite fun.

12. LitmusDragon

I definitely liked Twilight Highlands better than Icecrown, and Grim Batol better than Oculus, to make a comparison with the final zone and dungeon from the last expansion pack. They've gotten very good at the pacing of their quest lines to make them more entertaining.