Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old October 30 2013, 05:29 PM   #16
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: New ringship Enterprise replica....

Warped9 wrote: View Post
My feelings about a lot of contemporary Trek retconning are known and since the ringship is post Cochrane's development of the space warp I find the sub-warp idea to be complete nonsense. I couldn't care less what First Contact, ENT and now this product description says.
Our feelings are compatible. I never believed that Zefrem Cochrane ("Metamorphosis") was an indigenous Alpha Centaurian but thought that he had invented warp drive in the solar system which led to ships like the XCV-330 which enabled the colonization of one of the planets near Alpha Centauri where Cochrane eventually settled and thus became an Alpha Centaurian.

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 05:31 PM   #17
EmperorKalan
Commander

When they had the Spaceflight Chronoly back in the early '80s it was erroneously designated as a space liner which was really fan speculation. For one thing it would have to be massive and it obviously isn't.
It was also slightly different. I would suppose that when Rick Sternbach did the artwork for that book he didn't have access to the image used in TMP as a reference and had to make up details. Chronologically it was set after the Romulan War, so if one wants to stretch things they could be considered two different ships of similar design.

My feelings about a lot of contemporary Trek retconning are known and since the ringship is post Cochrane's development of the space warp I find the sub-warp idea to be complete nonsense. I couldn't care less what First Contact, ENT and now this product description says.
Drawings or paintings of it appeared in ENT, in the pilot bar and in the admiral's office. When the design this model is based on appeared in the Ship of The Line calendar, the backstory was that it was that it was an alternative warp test design, using Vulcan-style ring nacelles (which, production-wise, were themselves were inspired by the ring ship).
main drive is gone...
turret number one not responding...
Mayday...
losing cabin pressure fast...
calling anyone...
please help...
EmperorKalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 09:22 PM   #18
B.J.
Rear Admiral

....the ringship is post Cochrane's development of the space warp.....
According to what? I don't recall any date being associated with the ringship (at least within canon Trek)?
Old November 2 2013, 03:08 AM   #19
STRenegade
Lieutenant Commander

The price makes sense. Wouldn't want to dish out that kind of money though.
Old November 4 2013, 04:29 PM   #20
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

B.J. wrote: View Post
....the ringship is post Cochrane's development of the space warp.....
According to what? I don't recall any date being associated with the ringship (at least within canon Trek)?
She has the suffix XCV-330, and in each of the times she's been part of a wall mural or model progression, she's post Phoenix, pre-ECS/Earth Starfleet and about 20 years earlier than the NX prototype flights in 2138.

Her being in service around the turn of 2100 to 2120 matches the date of Cochranes disappearance and just before the launch of the newer Intrepid and Delta type warp 2 ships.

And also matches the much more grebble (spelling) laced mechanical look of the ECS warp 1.5 ships, about the time Vulcan would have had a larger hand in helping humanity to the stars, warp rings and all probably.

This is largely from 2001 onwards, but the Motion Picture mural does support it anyway.

Either way, that's a crazy price.
Old November 5 2013, 01:31 AM   #21
publiusr
Commodore

I just wish they were offer these at reasonable prices...
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2013, 11:03 AM   #22
martok2112
Commander

If I recall correctly, isn't this ship seen briefly (and from quite a distance) in Star Trek The Motion Picture, when Decker is showing the Ilia probe the rec deck, and he says: "All those vessels were named 'Enterprise'." ?

Never mind....question answered in the OP. To quote Homer: "D'oH!"
martok2112 is offline   Reply With Quote