The Fall: Book 4: The Poisoned Chalice cover art revealed

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Kertrats47, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Except Ishan Anjar doesn't really benefit because he/she is only the President Pro Tempore, and I'm pretty sure that precludes him/her from running in the election.

2. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

You're right, it is too early to ask.

3. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Fair enough :)

4. shanejayell

shanejayell Captain Captain

Probably a temporary swerve. Titan has always been more exploration based.

5. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

a similar thought entered my mind while reading 'Revelation and Dust'. I think I already witnessed that story on another deep space franchise though. Seems somewhat.... Babylonian.

MOD NOTE: this isn't the review thread for revelation and dust, be careful of your discussion please

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
  6. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Funny -- you could also say it's similar to the plot of the comedy film My Fellow Americans. ;)

But I think it's safe to say that the idea of a high-ranking government official who assassinates the head of state to become the national leader himself goes back at least as far as the aforementioned Macbeth. Babylon 5 hardly has a monopoly on that plot.

MOD NOTE: this isn't the review thread for revelation and dust, be careful of your discussion please

7. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Crud, my joke was actually based on Star Wars, trying to equate him with Palpatine. I never even thought of Babylon 5! (And I know Palpatine didn't assassinate anyone, which I why I just referred to it as a "crisis".)

So I was just joking. But then again, it was George's inclusion of the unsubstantiated rumour that Ro heard about him replacing Krim that put the thought into my mind to make the connection to make the joke in the first place, so who knows... ;)

(Sorry about putting everything in spoiler tags, but this isn't a "Revelation & Dust" thread, so I just wanted to err on the side of caution.)

8. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

And it may or may not actually happen in real life, there are some conspiracy theories that say Tony Blair offed John Smith so he could become Labour leader and become PM in 1997.

And that cover, is just amazingly beautiful, Titan, Earth and the Moon on the cover and a very well done render of all three is just wonderful, so wonderful, I have it as my desktop image now!

So I reckon, the terrorist attack mentioned in the blurb isn't the death of Bacco on DS9, I know she was the leader of the "free galaxy," but I do not think such draconian actions being implemented by Starfleet iin the blurb is the result of that, but something else, something a lot bigger, maybe the destruction of the Utopia Planita Fleet Yards or a bombing, on Earth, possibly on Paris itself.

And the reason why Titan has to return to Earth, because, it's possibly the furthest ship from Earth that can get back in a shortest amount of time (maybe even being towed by a Vesta class) and Riker, having dealt with similar situations within Starfleet before is one of a handful of Captains/crews Starfleet or the Federation Council can trust.

9. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

Hey, that's a good idea. ;)

10. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I plan to do that as each book is released - right now I have the Revelation and Dust cover, next Crimson Shadow, etc.

11. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

There is only one appropriate reaction to that image of the Titan.

[​IMG]

12. tobiasrichter

tobiasrichter Lieutenant Red Shirt

Thank you for the nice words about the cover - it was a pleasure doing it! The Titan is a brand new high-res model that I built. She should be very exact, as it was built to the exact specs of Seans original design - and he was very helpful in making sure it´s correct in all aspects.

13. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is there anyway for you to release some uber-highres 5-view shots, like dorsal, ventral, front, back and side? Sean's design and your modeling have made what is certainly one of the best looking fanships out there, in my opinion.