DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

How long till Trevor loses an eye? ;)

2. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe I am wrong about the death of Steve Trevor being the event that nudges Superman and Wonder Woman together...I can't think of another tragic event would do this, then again I'm not reading Justice League.

4. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Well, this new Justice League title would seem to imply that Steve Trevor is very much alive. Though that interview indicated he died in Justice League #11? I don't know, I dropped Justice League ages ago.

5. Admiral_Young

Yeah the article or whatever about Superman and Wonder Woman stated that something "tragic" happens to the entire team in Justice League #12 that Clark and Diana console each other and develop their romance. I speculated that I thought the only thing that could do that was Steve Trevor's possible death, but if he's leading or part of the black ops team that doesn't seem plausible now.

6. OdoWanKenobi

Yeah, when I read the "tragedy brings Superman and Wonder Woman together" thing, Steve's death was my first thought as well. I guess it must be something else, then. Can't really imagine what, unless they're gonna do something like killing off Lois, which I really can't see them doing. Or, since they've been teasing that one of the main four Green Lanterns is going to die in Green Lantern Annual #1, could it be the death of Hal? Would they really do that?

7. Admiral_Young

Plus what does this romance do for Diana and Steve? It's been established at least in "Justice League" that they were dating and I think before I dropped the book that Diana mentioned she was in love with him. Maybe I am thinking she says that in "Wonder Woman". I'm not totally against Diana and Clark being together, it could be interesting, DC has "teased" this in the past, but it changes a lot of things.

It's going to be fascinating to see the effect that it has on the entire DCU. Also is Clark gonna pull a Peter Parker and two time? (Peter Parker was dating Carlie Cooper, while Spider-Man was having friends with benefits with Black Cat, one of the few things about Amazing Spider-Man that I disliked). I'm assuming they will address the whole secret identity thing. There are a lot of ramifications from this relationship.

8. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

If they *think* he is dead, isn't that enough? This time could be operating without the knowledge of the main team?

9. Admiral_Young

That's certainly possible, and what was teased in the free comic book day issue seemed to imply a conflict of some kind between the two teams.

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Catwoman working with an all hero team?

Isn't that what Suicide Squad is for? Or was, I've not been reading either book in the nu52 so all could be 180 from before.

11. Hound of UIster

No it's more Outsiders. I think J'onn, GA and Catwoman were all on the brief Chuck Dixon version of Outsiders.

12. OdoWanKenobi

Catwoman hasn't been a real villain for decades. She's been more of an anti-hero. It is still odd seeing her on a Justice League team, though.

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice avatar OdoWanKenobi!
    What issue is that from of what title?

14. Admiral_Young

OdoWan's avatar is from a recent issue of "Batman and Robin'. Featured all the Robins in a splash.

As mentioned before "Justice League of America" is likely the black ops team, perhaps not approved by the Justice League which could be why they come into conflict with the League during the Trinity War.

Rich speculates we could see "Man of Steel" next year from Scott Snyder and Jim Lee, which would frankly be awesome if true.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08...snyder-to-launch-man-of-steel-comic-for-2013/

Also it appears that Morrison's long teased Wonder Woman project will be a Wonder Woman Year One book with Yanick Paquette.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08...ick-paquettes-wonder-woman-year-one-for-2013/

15. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I only read the first issue of the title, but did the Justice League International disband at the end of their series? Or will there be three JL teams running around?

16. Admiral_Young

Don't know about the fate of the JLI team, but if Justice League of America is indeed supposed to be the black ops team then it's feasible that the Justice League won't know about them for a while. Actually this kind of reminds me of the New 52 version of Justice League Elite or whatever it was called.

17. Hound of UIster

It's more like Justice League's version of Secret Avengers imo.

There is simply no way Morrison's ideas of WW is going to be acceptable to the American Mainstream Comics Audience.

18. Admiral_Young

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

People have been shipping Wonder Woman and Superman for ages. (She's really the only female on the planet other than his own cousin who could a)stand up to his moral standards and b)survive a night of sex with him.

Be interesting to see how this plays out.

20. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Very LITTLE is acceptable to the American Mainstream Comics Audience beyond a very narrow vision of what possible under "continuity."

Bring on Morrison's take of WW.