The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Third Nolan Batman film title announced!

^^^
    I highly doubt that
    A) The general mass audiences knew of Bane
    B) Knew of Knightfall, which had only just happened a few years prior, and the brains it would've taken to engineer such a campaign.

Not really trying to argue, just thought it was an intersting thing to note.

2. Lapis Exilis

Lapis Exilis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've only seen a handful of his movies, since trying to put the lightning of Robin Williams in the bottle of a movie is often a dubious prospect and it only occasionally really works. But I've seen every bit of standup he's done since the 1970s, have watched his career since Mork's first appearance on Happy Days and when you could only catch him at about 2 a.m. on At the Improv, seen all of his great movie roles, seen him interviewed (his 2-hour Inside the Actor's Studio is a tour de force bit of instruction on improv) numerous times - it's quite possible to be a huge fan of Robin Williams, who is first and foremost a comic genius and only secondarily a film actor, and only have seen a handful of his movies.

I suppose it's not just you, but the many people who are primarily familiar with him through his film work. As for coke-addled - he's been completely clean since the death of his good friend John Belushi in 1982 and the birth of his first child in 1983. That's over 25 years sober. His frenetic energy is all natural. He frequently talks about his drug days, his kids and his crazy energy in both his stand up and in interviews.

He's premiering on Broadway in a couple of months in Bengal Tiger in the Baghdad Zoo, a fascinating work I saw last year which is poignant, frightening and hilarious. I assume he's playing the tiger. I'd give my right arm to see that show.

PS - if you're an online gamer, you may have played with him at one point or another. He's an avid gamer, named his daughter Zelda, and regularly plays Battlefield 2, among others.

3. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Admiral In Memoriam

New York City, the greatest city in the world!

Hugo Strange is yet another of the oldest Batman villains, and little known to the general public, like the Scarecrow/Jonathan Crane. Nolan did a great job with the Scarecrow, so I expect he'll bring a new dimension to Strange. As some of you may remember, back in the '70s, when writer Steve Englehart and artist Marshall Rodgers did a Batman stint, Strange briefly took over the Batman/Bruce Wayne identity. I wonder if they'll make this part of the plot! If so, maybe gangster Rupert Thorne will make an appearance, too.

Perhaps Bane is one of Hugo Strange's experiments. I don't anticipate we'll see mindless, 8-foot zombies like in Strange's earliest appearances in the Batman comics. Certainly, they didn't do Bane justice in Batman & Robin, as he was just a mindless brute in that flick.

Nolan certainly seems to be able to choose more original and less well known adversaries for Batman than those from earlier Batman flicks, with the exception of the Joker. Still, it would've been interesting to see his take on the Riddler or even Catwoman. Oh, well!

4. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh that's fun. I think it's neat knowing that celebs can be normal too and enjoy geeky things, like Vin Diesel. And ISTR reading something about Mila Kunis being an online gamer and being careful to keep her identity hidden.

Well, we may still see his take on Catwoman. Admiral_Young said Nolan's keeping mum on Hathway as Catwoman, but didn't rule it out either.

5. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I'm not suggesting muscle has to be stupid. I'm suggesting how the two characters might be interacting. Strange might see an equal in Bane intellectually, but Strange lacks the muscle of Bane. So, he hires or they work together.

It would be stupid to hire stupid muscle.

6. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

7. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I figured this might happen...

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not surprised about this...but excited!

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I figured he would have at least been approached for a role. This is good news. Hopefully it's a decent role and not something minor.

11. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'd be fine with an Inception reunion. It was a great cast.

13. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ellen Page as Talia? :lol:

Tom Berenger as Batman in The Dark Knight Returns?

14. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

This could turn out to be a good third movie on par with the first two. It's been done on rare occasions: Indy Jones, BTTF, POTC, ROTJ, TVH. this could be even better than TDK, which in theory is what you want in a sequel. So, what could JGL's role be, Robin?

15. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

Dick Grayson cameo? Not as Robin, but, if they're going the Broken Bat route (don't know if they are or not), then he'll need someone to take over for him or help him when he's temporarily incapacitated.

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Nah, Ellen will be Robin.

17. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Batgirl- hey dude? will you lego my eggo?

18. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

19. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Who could he possibly be playing? Maybe they'll skip Robin and go straight to Nightwing. And he'll just be one of the few vigilantes that crop up, but will only appear as a cameo.

20. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Wait - The third Pirates movie was good? :wtf: