Ewww.. SGU let's have some freaking protocol

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Aug 31, 2012.

1. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

^ Now that would've really been an improvement!

They really did go overboard with Eli's characterization. It got annoying that they held so tightly to that initial concept. I do wish they hadn't made him soooooo pathetic as to be living at home with his dying mother, her going to work despite facing HIV, while he stayed home, unemployed, not looking for work, burning thru mom's broadband playing online games.
    He should have been stuck in an "The Office" type situation dealing with an obnoxious boss that exploited his need for employment, among a strange set of co workers, while squeezing in college courses on the weekends, where Rush discovers him.... :-)

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

cylkoth that would have been a great idea. How old is Eli supposed to be anyway? I can see the wasting his life on games deal if he is 17 but since he has dropped out of university it seems that he is supposed to be older.

I really think they milked the whole "nice guy" doesn't get hot chick thing way too much. He might have been a total loser on earth but he does a huge amount of work on the ship, hardly ever complains and seems to have manned up in his own way in the situation. The only reason I can see Chloe passing him over for Scott is he still has the little boy thing going on in a "I am totally inexperienced" way and she's looking for a grown up in the bedroom. What the hell does she even talk to Scott about? Oh that's right, his angst.

Just watched the three parter at the end of season one and beginning of season two. That was pretty great pacing, I really enjoyed it.. everything but the baby being left in the Nexus. Just let the baby die, this was supposed to be gritty. I was all prepared to actually cry because she was going to lose the baby but since it's in the Nexus pfft..

3. 46379.1

46379.1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

They'll come back to this later in the season

4. teacake

Wow Aftermath was grueling.. I found that really hard to watch. Also I quite liked that guy :(

And now on to Pathogen. This better not be like every other sci fi episode about a.. pathogen.

(woops, I see there is another one first.. good.)

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

25 in season 1. And don't worry, Eli's luck with women will soon change.

6. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And then SGU brings in its next theme: nerds cannot have successful relationships that last.

7. teacake

What! 25?! That surprises me. Okay he is definitely a loser.

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got 25 from Stargate Wiki, which claims he was born in 1984. Stargate is usually set in the year it airs, so season 1 is 2009 making Eli 25. Or possibly 24 depending on when in 2009 it takes place and when his birthday is.

9. teacake

Cloverdale: TRIFFIDS WTF?!

Also, cool mystery for future eps.

10. teacake

TRIAL AND ERROR: I am 3 minutes and 32 seconds into this episode. I predict that Eli will be getting it on with the red haired rebel girl.

11. bullethead

What's sad is that they used clips from this episode in the season 2 trailer and implied it was going to be a running subplot, then it turned out to be a one-off episode.

Also, this one has some hilarious Col. Young moments.

12. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

Eh? No it never. :confused:

13. teacake

Col. Young is really.. a terrible leader.

The Eli and Red Haired girl (the LITTLE red haired girl?!) is quite the modern fairy tale. Geeky boy has crush on Harvard bound cheerleader who makes him her friend while she has sex with the hot marine. But! He does end up happy because he finds geeky anime girl who appreciates him for HIS MIND. Yes. No need to get rid of your way-too-young flab, your mind is hot boy, HOT.

14. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

isn't the redhead the same woman who played the psychotic angel in Supernatural sometime... pretty sure it is...

M

15. teacake

I don't know, I hate Supernatural. But she is very pretty, kind of reminds me of a more fey Felicia Day. You just KNOW she is a belf and she and Eli are having hot WoW conversations. (Eli has already admitted he plays Horde by mentioning Stonard).

16. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

just researched, and yeah, it's the same cute redhead that played the psychotic angel Anna Milton

[​IMG]

M

17. teacake

She is pretty gorgeous.

I've noticed she has huge wrinkles/creases around her mouth which distracts me since it seems odd when she's so young.

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Not only did Eli get the girl, but he got an alien girl. I liked that.

19. bullethead

I know one of the S2 trailers did have the scene where Greer tells Eli to go for it it. It might not have been the first one, but one of them had it.

Yeah, and then the writers decide to do nonsense that led to this picture:
    [​IMG]

20. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

At the time they killed off Perry and Ginn, I didn't like it and thought it was a dumb move, but as the story progressed, we saw that the writers simply had pther plans for them. Killing them and then taking things in another direction was a gutsy move and not what you'd expect, and I liked that. Too bad we didn't get to see it play out.