STXI DVD/Blu-ray special features wishlist

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by jefferiestubes8, May 1, 2009.

1. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

YES! I definately want that too. I mean, c'mon its just another disk in the package! Plus then it allows them to sell both the BluRay and regular DVD using ONE SKU/UPC instead of having multiples or confusing customers plus I would actually almost be more tempted to look for a cheap bluray player if I already had a nice selection of BluRay disks around y'know?

2. cybersoldier

cybersoldier Commander Red Shirt

motion comic of countdown, like the watchman motion comic dvd

3. Bigedmond

Bigedmond Ensign Newbie

They will sell more blue ray disks. For those that want to future proof themselves.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The entire Blue Warp Nacelles? thread, from this very board. Ideally, voice acted by the cast. :D

A special Sombrero mode, in which one can view the film with the entire cast wearing sombreros.

5. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Unfortunately, the Okudas will NOT be doing a text commentary for the new movie's DVD release.

6. vermillion

vermillion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Everything I would like to see has already been mentioned, let me just add that I would also like to get the very cool looking warp screen saver they announced but never added to the official website.

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm a huge audio commentary fan so I hope that there is at least a J.J. Abrams, Roberto Orci, and Alex Kurtzman track. JJ did a commentary track with Tom Cruise for Mission Impossible III which was pretty good. I wouldn't mind a cast audio commentary with Chris Pine, Zachery Quinto, Karl Urban, Eric Bana, and Leonard Nimoy. I'm guessing that they would've recorded commentary tracks already since they're usually filmed a couple of weeks or so before premire. A Behind the scenes Making of Documentary along the lines of the ones we've got for the Star Wars Prequels would be very cool. I like the suggestion of art work galleries since it seems we're not getting any kind of Art of Star Trek book. Deleted scenes as well...perhaps a director's cut on disc one. I can't wait for the DVD release!

8. vice1986

vice1986 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I just want a high bitrate AVC encode and a really good dolby trueHD (24-bit) track to go along with it! I'm sure those 2 things are probably a lock anyway considering thats usually what paramount does with their blu-rays.

9. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

STXI HD transfer

a definitive HD transfer of the theatrical cut of the feature from the 2K Digital Intermediate [DI].

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Joshua_Zyber/HD_Advisor/HD_Advisor_17/2910

Knowing Paramount Home Entertainment we gotta figure they will put out some special edition Blu-ray in November 2010 but hopefully the initial theatrical-cut HD on the Blu-ray released in Q4 2009 will be as good as it gets for picture quality of the film itself with minimal DNR and edge enhancement.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  10. Prometheus

Prometheus Lieutenant Red Shirt

everything I have heard to now will suffice....and a sneak peek trailer for the next Trek movie.....

11. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Most things that have been mentioned.

I would like a real in-depth production feature from the first sketch to the premiere. That would be so cool. production designs, uniform designs etc etc.

A few interviews and BluRay exclusive features, like an Enterprise tour or the same panoramic views we had on the official site.

Oh, of course, a commentary by JJ, Roberto and Alex wouldnt go a miss, and an additional commentary with Shatner.

12. jefferiestubes8

Could you please tell me how Paramount would feel that Shatner doing a commentary would sell the special edition? He was not in the film or in the creative process.
    I know this is a wishlist but I have a hard time understanding this unless Archer & Patrick Stewart & Pine were included.
    Please explain.

13. jefferiestubes8

14. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

*snort*

15. jefferiestubes8

To be fair when I wrote that I hadn't see some of the special features from DS9, TNG, and Enterprise.
    It was nice that Paramount mined vaults for the 1987, 1988, 1992 era interviews for them. Surprised that the Star Trek: TNG: Season 2: Disc 6 had 2 interviews that were shot on 16mm color negative film (you could see the white dust specs and occasional hairs). It gets my hopes up for the announced 'Gene Roddenberry's vision' that will be on the STXI Blu-ray. Hopefully they will use old 16mm film footage of him from the 1960s.

The Enterprise behind-the-scenes footage were all shot in 16:9 widescreen and it's a nice touch.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

A special Robau Edition which the user can select. Meaning: Every time Captain Robau is onscreen, a pop-up would occur with a random "fact" about him chosen from the appropriate thread. :D

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ That would be awesome...I wonder if the regular DVD features will be the same as the Blu-Ray, all I care about is the audio commentary.

18. JuanBolio

JuanBolio Admiral Admiral

I'd like to see a version with the deleted scenes added back into the film fully scored and with finished FX - exactly like the special editions of King Kong and Lord of the Rings.

That is all.

19. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

HERE! HERE! i hate when they do that, because i always run out and buy the first edition and then can never justify to the husband why i should buy the next four.....

20. jefferiestubes8

On the Blu-ray Disc 2 special feature will be:
    from the official Paramount release of the discs features and release date :
    http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=99054

Hmm, it doesn't mention including Roddenberry himself in the interviews but we can hope... Even for early 1980s interview on video with Roddenberry would be good.