The Making of Star Trek Tape

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by noknowes, Apr 23, 2009.

1. noknowes

noknowes Lieutenant Commander

I remember they usually have a behind the scenes second unit making a film of the movie film making and this is then shown at about release time on TV and also is given free with newspapers,etc to promote the film.

Anyone seen or heard of this or know anything about this>?

I don't see this being discussed or mentioned at all..I am not talking about extras on the eventual DVD release.

Hail me for originality.

2. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

Behind-the-scenes footage - promotional and other

Paramount owns the Star Trek movie franchise.
    Paramount owns CBS Studios Inc.
    CBS Studios Inc. owns "Entertainment Tonight"
    Stage 28 on the Paramount Studios lot is the CBS Studio Center where "Entertainment Tonight" is shot.

SOURCE
    I can assure you they will devote a good 10 minutes of their May 8 program to 'Star Trek'. Actually I would be pretty sure they would spend 1-2 minutes on Monday May 4 for Trek promotional stuff.
    'ET' shoots on HD and would have had their own cameras on the Paramount Studios sets covering it for their own promotional fluff machine.
    I wouldn't be surprised if 'The Early Show' on CBS on Monday May 4 had an actor or two from the movie to promote the show on CBS morning news fluff machine's 2nd hour.
    CBS Early Show website [CBS Interactive Inc.] has the logos for CBS, Entertainment Tonight, The Insider, CBS Sports, and Star Trek on it HERE. Why would they put Star Trek's logo there?
    Oh yes...Major cross-promotion is gonna happen...

With the level of how much behind-the-scenes and documentaries and featurettes contribute to 'special features' on Blu-ray and DVDs 'Special Editions' I'm sure Paramount had a behind-the-scenes camera crew there every day on the lot and on location.

The Blu-ray package of the first 5 feature films coming out on May 12 has:
    SOURCE

Surely a Thanksgiving release of Star Trek XI on Blu-ray/DVD will have a documentary of 'The Making Of' that will be 60-90 minutes in length. Most big films do these days like 'King Kong', and the excellent feature length documentaries on Star Wars I,II,III in the last 10 years that were on those DVDs.
    I also would not be surprised if in that documentary they did not cover this year's 'The Official STAR TREK Convention' 2009 in Las Vegas August 6-9, 2009 (Shatner & Nimoy will both be here). Fan reaction in May and at that convention would be good for the documentary.

Now for 2010 :
    The possibility of a Directors Cut edition of 'Star Trek XI' with a longer feature length making of documentary and some other special features, and possibly editing back in the deleted scenes.
    Which at that point would make those deleted scenes official Star Trek canon. as per THIS THREAD.

Star Trek 11 Conférence Presse Paris Extrait 4 1:07 length video of JJ Abrams
    April 14, 2009

SPOILER BELOW
    Wanna see some 2 images from a Deleted scene and another image
    [SPOILER ALERT!]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  3. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

behind-the-scenes about Star Trek XI

SOURCE

1:14 video with some behind-the-scenes footage (at :30) from Star Trek XI

still photos behind-the-scenes

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  4. noknowes

noknowes Lieutenant Commander

Re: behind-the-scenes about Star Trek XI

When Gerenrations came out they had a 45 minute behind the scenes documentary shown on tv and also sending some newpaper coupens would get you a copy of it.