Virtual Enterprise D for Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force - WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Donny, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

Hello!

Some of you may remember me. About two years ago I was posting screenshots of my TOS mod for a very old game called "Mysteries of the Sith", which may be viewed here:http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=48585 and http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?p=1521621#post1521621

I gave up on it shortly afterwards due to life getting in the way and a reasonable frustration with using such an old gaming engine.

I got the itch to start a new project on a gaming engine newer than the one I was using. Currently I'm using the Quake III engine, which is quite outdated by today's standards, but is easy enough for one person to undertake a small MOD. Plus, I can use the QIII-engine game Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force (STVEF) to save myself some time since it already has stock Star Trek weapons, NPC's, models, and textures built in (although I am making all textures from scratch, minus the ones used on weapons, etc)

So here we are...the beginnings of my Virtual Enterprise D mod for STVEF. Basically I will feature portions of a few key decks on the Enterprise for you to walk around, admire, and interact with. (This is in no means going to be a complete deck-by-deck project)

It's not as good as some of the other CG renderings people have done of the "D" interiors, nor does it look up to par with today's gaming graphics, but it is what it is. Take a look!

(Due to limitations of the gaming engine, I was not able to reflect both the bottom transporter pad and the top transporter pad. Two mirrored surfaces in the QIII engine cannot face each other. Also, forgive the choppy lighting in some areas. I'm still learning to mod this game, and so far have had no success with getting smoother lighting around curves)

[​IMG]
    Corridor1

[​IMG]
    Corridor2

[​IMG]
    Corridor4

[​IMG]
    Corridor5

[​IMG]
    Transporter1

[​IMG]
    Transporter2

[​IMG]
    Transporter5

[​IMG]
    Transporter6

[​IMG]
    Transporter7

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  2. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks very cool. I haven't played Elite Force in a long time, but I remember my favorite levels were the ones that let me fight through Voyager itself. It'd be fun to do the same on other ships like the Enterprise.

3. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

Nice work so far. I don't even know where to start with mods.

4. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

Reminds me how good that game looked.

I gotta try to find the discs and install it on my laptop...

5. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Now that's awesome! It's still a great game, much more fun than Elite Force II. There are lot of fantastic TOS mods for Elite Force, but I don't think there's a really good Enterprise-D yet.

6. Donny

The expansion pack to Elite Force was loads of fun. You got to walk around Voyager, collect items, interact with the ship, play holodeck missions, etc. That's kind of what I'm going for with this project, except on the Ent-D.

I'm also trying to be as accurate as possible in terms of detail.

7. Belisarius

Belisarius Captain Captain

I'm actually playing through STVEF right now, on PS2. I have a copy of the PC version, but have had trouble in the past getting it to run on Windows 7. The Dualshock controller is really horrible...mangles the game experience, IMHO. But the content is still as fun as ever. This "little" project is looking fantastic. Keep up the good work.

~Belisarius

8. Donny

Belisarius: I've gotten it to run fine in Windows 7, no problem. The best part is running it with a great graphics card and modding the configuration file to run it at 1920x1080.

9. Belisarius

Belisarius Captain Captain

:vulcan:

Would you mind educating me on that modification? I suddenly have visions of Deltan sugar-plums cavorting in my head.

~Belisarius

10. Titan Designer

Titan Designer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Impressive.

11. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Amazing work. And I love your TOS sets

12. Ensign Ro-

Ensign Ro- Commander Red Shirt

I'm with Solarbaby. Phenomenal work on both the TOS and EF packs. I wish I still had my copy of EF...what a fun game. Your work is truly stunning. Thanks for sharing it with us.

13. Donny

Started work on the engineering deck. Hit a roadblock at first due to trying to get everything as close to scale as possible without any decent blueprints. Here's what I've got so far, after two long days of work:

[​IMG]
    Engineering1

14. Birdog

Birdog Commander Red Shirt

I can't quite put my finger on it but it seems to me something is missing...;)

15. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe Geordi finally got those core ejection systems back online. :D

16. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Cool. I don't remember the Elite Force graphics to look that good.

17. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Looks great so far. I'm one of the few that hasn't had the chance to play both games myself but have seen the game play and other scenes on Youtube.

18. Ensign Ro-

Ensign Ro- Commander Red Shirt

You are right. Although I enjoyed that game immensely, the graphics were not nearly the quality that this gentleman is creating. His work is superb.

19. Donny

You're all correct. Elite Force was made about a decade ago, using lower resolution textures and a level editor that was vastly inferior to the one I'm using.

Building the warp core now. Will post screens as soon as it's done.

20. Donny

[​IMG]
    Engineering2

Well that was a pain to model, texture, etc.

Moving onto the deuterium fuel supply tank behind the warp core, then I can concentrate on all the other parts of engineering.