Do you think Pegg deslikes Star Trek Into Darkness?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Dales, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dales

Dales Captain Captain

I dont know what is going on with the man, he keeps giving all this interviews on how his script will be different, how it will be traditional and stick to core values or how he learned from orci's script.

I know artists are suppose too respect each other but I cant shake the feeling that Pegg did not like the script of into darkness.:confused:

I know only Karl Urban has voiced some of his unhappiness with the script wishing it was more original but I dont think any other person in the cast has said something negative.

Pegg may not have said something negative but I cant shake this feeling off that he is sort of unhappy with the way into darkness went both in terms of his personal reception of the film and the fsome fans reception of the film as well and for this, He wants his own script to be much better than what orci wrote for star trek into darkness and star trek 3 that Paramount rejected which lead to orci exiting the film as a writer as well as director.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

No.

3. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He said he was proud of it, but there were things that bothered him about it. Not a zero-sum game, you know.

4. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My first thought with this post was, "And this is why we have Director's Cuts of classic movies." Movies are monumental work, and being proud of the final product is one thing. But trying to scratch that itch that a few things are off just never seems to go away, especially for creative types.

5. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

6. Draculasaurus

Draculasaurus Commander Red Shirt

Creative people tend to see other people's art as the labyrinth of decision making that it really is.

7. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

A thread about a feeling? Really?!

Does any of this have any basis in reality? Can any of it be linked or sourced? Or should I just close it and tell you to put it in a blog entry tagged "can't shake the feels"?

8. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

One complaint against the two Bad Robot films, is being set on Earth, for a large part. I don't think that one can be laid at Bad Robot's feet in General or Orci's feet in particular, I imagine that dictate was laid upon them by Paramount PTB.

Hopefully, now that two films are in the bag, plus the success of GotG, NuTrek 3 will be allowed to get away from Earth more, but, I don't think that's a guarantee.

9. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Pretty much every TOS and TNG movie had its start at, or even basis around Earth... TMP (launch point for the Enterprise), TWOK (launch and resolution point for the Enterprise), TSFS (which had Earth as a sort of jumping off point for the story), TVH (occasional setting and ultimate destination of Kirk and crew), TFF (crew recreation and launch point for the Enterprise, and conclusion of movie), TUC (mission assigned from SFHQ, and launch point for the Enterprise), GEN (launch point for Enterprise B), FC (Earth is pretty much THE setting), NEM (wedding for Riker/Troi in Alaska). I think Insurrection is the only TNG film (let alone only Trek film...period) that didn't go anywhere near Earth.

10. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

The OP said that Karl Urban had some originality issues with the script, and that she/he had a feeling Simon Pegg did not like ID. First, saying how much I enjoy both Pegg and Urban, I would ask, can two actors with only two Star Trek Movies (and nuVerse movies at that) have all that much of a mature view of what good Star Trek is? Second, I would say, IMHO, SP did not dislike ID. His role was reasonably meaty and diverse, and had some humor and centrality to the plot line.

11. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

Seems to me it is exactly the same promotional palaver that absolutely anyone would deliver in regards to a Star Trek script at this point in the process. It says nothing at all about Pegg's feelings on the previous film.

12. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know that Pegg deslikes anything.

13. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

14. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Exactly so.

15. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wasn't Pegg the one who told the fans who didn't like stid to f**k off because they were just envious? And he said Orci truly gets trek (so did Urban)

I don't think he dislikes it, stid was written by 3 people and to be fair, there are things like Khan that Orci hadn't wanted (Lindelof did) ... probably he doesn't care either way and he is now just saying what he thinks he should say but it's not too indicative of his opinions about stid and what kind of script he'll write.
    I could tell you that the vibe I got from that interview is that stid was too serious and dramatic for him and maybe for him keeping the spirit of the series means having something more funny and less angsty. Maybe he's just trying to justify, in advance, why the movie will have a different tone (that is more in his style)

16. Dales

Dales Captain Captain

Pegg's is strange to me. Why does he think fans are jealous:confused:

17. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

As the screenwriter for the film isn't he just responding to critisims of the previous fim(s), and saying this one will be different? Isn't this just par for the course?

18. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pegg has a mischievous sense of humour and knows Trek lore very well. He's messing with you. And he's enjoying it.

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

IIRC, Urban and Pegg are the two cast members who are fans, so their view of Trek is as "mature" as anyone here.

20. Nebusj

Nebusj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh dear lord we're doomed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.