ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Kalen Archer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Welcome aboard KennyB

KennyB likes this.
  2. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

3. Riverside2233

Riverside2233 Commander Red Shirt

Hello all. I actually joined up last year around April / May but didn't really introduce myself here. My love of all things sci-fi began on a deployment in 2007 when I came across the Firefly DVDs from a bootleg Iraqi vendor. Imagine my disappointment when I looked for season 3....

but I digress. I never grew up on shows like Trek or anything, but I've always enjoyed science fiction. Last year I was sidelined from an injury and got into Stargate. I devoured that, followed by Farscape, Battlestar Galactica (reboot), and - finally - Star Trek. I watched everything in somewhat production order and recently began my adventures into the Lit-Verse (still on ENT lit).

Getting close to my one-year anniversary as a Trekkie. Lol. I really enjoyed the Rise of the Federation series keeping the ENT characters going on to new adventures. I'm looking forward to future Lit-Verse stories as I move into Vanguard territory next.

And since I was technically a Stargate fan first...Trip Tucker will always be a Wraith to me...

Yanks likes this.
  4. TheSublimeGoose

TheSublimeGoose Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello all. Long time lurker- just joined last month, started posting within the last week. Love the community here and the discussions that are produced!

Not much to say about me- I'm fairly young, 25. I'm a veteran and currently a LEO- something I've wanted to do my entire life!

I'm a combat veteran, and unfortunately had some rough times while deployed. I actually got into Trek because of my trouble sleeping when I returned home.

A couple years later now, and the series has sucked me in! It helps me relax and unwind. Favorite is DS9, followed by TNG, TOS, and ENT.

I've watched VOY three times over... just can't bring myself to enjoy it all that much.

I'm looking forward to Discovery, even if I am a bit wary of what they'll do with the Prime Timeline setting. That said, I'm going to enjoy it for entertainment value alone, either way!

DamarsKanar and Tesophius like this.
  5. Tesophius

Tesophius Captain Captain

Welcome :)

TheSublimeGoose likes this.
  6. TeresaM777

TeresaM777 Cadet Newbie

I am a 61 year-old female published writer of fiction and am glad to find you all here. I see many names here of some of my favorite fan fiction authors. I watched the original series at the time it first came out. I enjoyed Voyager but didn't watch DS9 and Enterprise until they came out on DVD. Because Enterprise is more character based, I think I've enjoyed it most. Though I've watched quite a few TNG with my husband, I can't say why it never caught my fancy more than it did. But then, no one ever called me sophisticated.

7. Miss Lemon

Miss Lemon Commodore Commodore

Welcome, TeresanM777! It's always a delight to meet another Enterprise fan. :)

8. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Welcome aboard TeresanM777!!

9. KennyB

Glad you joined us here!

10. Pippin

Pippin Ensign Red Shirt

Hi all. I'm a longtime fan going back to the original series. But somehow, Enterprise has a special place in my heart. Maybe it was the series' untimely demise, maybe the charm of the cast (whom I had the good fortune to meet on a never-to-be-forgotten set tour) ... but I just love this series the best. I even wrote fan fiction for it!

I keep hoping for a revival, like the X-Files or Veronica Mars, but with this new series debuting, I somehow doubt it now. *Sigh*.

I sometimes get the blues and it's nice to have a forum of fellow fans around to chat with!

I'm in the Windsor-Detroit area -- any fellow fans in the neighbourhood?

pookha and Tesophius like this.
  11. Pippin

Pippin Ensign Red Shirt

Addendum: Not really a new poster to this board, but it's been a while, so I thought I'd re-introduce myself.

12. TheSublimeGoose

TheSublimeGoose Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

So, what did you think of DS9 when you had finally watched it?

13. LoyaulteMeLie

LoyaulteMeLie Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Pleased to see you here with us. I've never got around to watching DS9 - though I've just bought the box set and one of these days I'll get there!

14. KennyB

I held out for years.........season 3-7 are some really great Trek. I did not like the idea of a space staion. With the addition of Worf and Defiant things really clicked IMO.

15. DamarsKanar

DamarsKanar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I thought I'd stop by here and say hi - I'm watching Enterprise for the first time (midway through season 3) and am cautiously traversing the boards eager to discuss the show! (Although trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible). I have lots of thoughts, conflicting ones! I've heard so much about this show before I watched it ('it killed Trek!', 'they're all racist humans!', 'it ruins the Vulcans!', 'they're too American!', 'the writing is boring!', 'the writing is a mess!')....But I find I am having my own responses to Enterprise, which are not wholly positive but are WAY more positive than a lot of what I heard going in. So I'm eager to discuss!

16. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

Hi, I'm trundling through Enterprise on Netflix now, and currently at Episode 10 of Season 2 - a problematic, misunderstood show, and very uneven like VOY but more solid than I remembered it.

17. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

HI I used to be here's lot but strayed away but found my way back. Grew up on star trek and lost in space. Plus written sf. While not my fav trek I really liked enterprise. I believe it fits better than some believe . For one thing there is odd stuff plus contradictions within tos canon.

Willow likes this.
  18. brianwdaugherty

brianwdaugherty Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi, everyone.

I recently joined Trek BBS and am still finding my way around. I'm from Louisville, Kentucky, and although TNG is my favorite Trek series Enterprise is right up there, especially since I'm slowly making my way through a series rewatch (I'm in season two currently).

MaoilĂ­osa likes this.
  19. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Welcome to the BBS. I'm a 1946 model from Louisville but have lived in Southern California for the last 14 years. If you have a chance (and the courage), please have a White Castle for me.

20. brianwdaugherty

brianwdaugherty Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'll do it, but just one...someone once told me that 'eating those things will kill ya'. :lol: